Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS Today

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
More unfair criticism for CMS again, with people failing to see what else his game adds to us as an attacking side.

Take the goal scored by Orlandi, CMS made a run that dragged the central defender towards him and left a large gap for Orlandi to score from but CMS was also there ready to pounce if Orlandi couldn't turn to convert his chance.

He drags opposition players out of position, hassles defenders and gives them little time to dwell on the ball and so on so its not fair just to judge him on his goal returns because he adds something extra to our attack as well as having scored 11 in 22.

Fantastic post. CMS adds a lot to this team. When he came off Newcastle had a spell of pressure. Great goal by Hoskins, good run and then finish but he is even less likely than CMS to perform well as a lone striker.

They system is the problem, not the player

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Like I said in post 21 it's squad rotation all our players will play a part in the push for promotion it's not all about your starting 11

Spoke to several mods in fishtail Parkars today-----several wanted to fight me:eek: Obviously we missed each other:drink:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
More unfair criticism for CMS again, with people failing to see what else his game adds to us as an attacking side.

Take the goal scored by Orlandi, CMS made a run that dragged the central defender towards him and left a large gap for Orlandi to score from but CMS was also there ready to pounce if Orlandi couldn't turn to convert his chance.

He drags opposition players out of position, hassles defenders and gives them little time to dwell on the ball and so on so its not fair just to judge him on his goal returns because he adds something extra to our attack as well as having scored 11 in 22.

Well said. I feel sorry for him; he invariably ends up getting the ball either out wide or with his back to goal. But he worries defences like nobody's business and that seems to give others more space. He's obviously frustrated but his time will return.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Hoskins has to be given a run in the team, from everything I've seen of him (most of his appearances for the Albion) he looks to have a much better all around game than CMS, slower maybe but you can make for that with intelligence which CMS seems to mostly lack.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
...at one point today Hoskins showed no effort to regain possession and let the toon player run straight past him and on for about 30 yards. For a player who should have been with fresher legs, I was disappointed.

Spotted that too. V poor show from Hoskins, that.

sharpey38

Aug 4, 2011
Denton
For the first 10 or so minutes after cms of we lacked any attacking threat. Typical that cms does not get fed in like that often enough, Hoskins took His goal well but also his touch was not the best

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
As usual CMS ran himself into the ground, time and time again he did not receive the ball in a scoring position,Hoskins took his chance well but would he still be in position for the chance if he had started the game.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Couldn't put it better myself, his work off the ball is brilliant. I do think a rest on the bench for a couple of games may benefit but that's not based on his performances.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I am astounded that people here are moronic enough to want to drop a striker who has scored one goal every two games on average this season. Utter fuckwits.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Try Them Both

I am a big CMS fan but today his touch was atrocious and he dwelt far to long on the ball . Hoskins comes on and shows him how to play off the last man and bangs it in.
Time for a change maybe ?

To be honest if CMS does not get the ball in the right position there is little he can do. he s been like a one man army up front this year and watching today the amount of times he was looking for the through ball that didn't come was really disheartening for him. That it took our right back to see the ball for Hoskins says a lot. Sideways, sideways back our passing is like a ballroom dance and boring. CMS has such mobement and NEVER gives up, unlike others out there. What about play them together to give us more options, shock horror two men upfront at the AMEX, it might just work for us!!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am astounded that people here are moronic enough to want to drop a striker who has scored one goal every two games on average this season. Utter fuckwits.

They'd prefer the more relaxed Hoskins to miss 5 sitters as he did the other week as our number one. Of course CMS could do with a much better touch to up his game, but he has the capacity to ping one home as he did last weekend and also run his nuts off for the team. I dream lusciously of the team-up of him and Ulloa when he goes fully euro next week. He'll be able to lurk more then, i feel, and spring surprises.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
People are also forgetting a completely fresh Hoskins had the chance to play against a tired defence of a team reduced to 10 men. Dont get me wrong I am delighted for Will and will love it if he starts scoring for fun but no way should CMS not be starting.

Dec 29, 2011

Goal scoring rate doesn't really show the picture, at least look at shots, shots on target and shots per goal before starting to try and compare goals scored. What's to say that Hoskins wouldn't have 20 goals so far this season if he played as many minutes as CMS?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Crucial question - given that CMS is out of form, and possibly having a dip in confidence, would he have scored the goal that Hoskins put away clinically today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here