CMS Today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
My one big criticism with Hoskins was his closing down. Where as you wold expect CMS to hassle the defender in possession, at one point today Hoskins showed no effort to regain possession and let the toon player run straight past him and on for about 30 yards. For a player who should have been with fresher legs, I was disappointed.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I would argue against that to be honest. We became complacent when Ameobi was sent off and our passing became slack - I think CMS was taken off to get more stickiness upfront, and it took ten minutes to pay off

A game of opinions to be fair but I saw us as a better side while he was on the pitch.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
So after CMS toiled away again for 70 mins again dragging 4 defenders from one side of the pitch to the other, and having as usual our midfield 25 yards away when gets it, you want to give the man who played against a tired 10 man side his starting spot based on that finish, because the rest of his play was pretty ordinary I thought. CMS is clearly our best forward by some way still.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So after CMS toiled away again for 70 mins again dragging 4 defenders from one side of the pitch to the other, and having as usual our midfield 25 yards away when gets it, you want to give the man who played against a tired 10 man side his starting spot based on that finish, because the rest of his play was pretty ordinary I thought. CMS is clearly our best forward by some way still.
I thought the midfield esp Dicker was stronger and more importantly closer, today.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Certainly not a reason to start Hoskins however

I've just posted this on another thread but I think it's pertinent to this one. Quality in the final third from your forwards will win you matches not work rate and industry. Hoskins didn't track back at times, but his run followed by finish was top class.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Ulloa and Hoskins up top in our next game with Orlandi just behind them in a 4-3-1-2 formation......

:) :)

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
h

More unfair criticism for CMS again, with people failing to see what else his game adds to us as an attacking side.

Take the goal scored by Orlandi, CMS made a run that dragged the central defender towards him and left a large gap for Orlandi to score from but CMS was also there ready to pounce if Orlandi couldn't turn to convert his chance.

He drags opposition players out of position, hassles defenders and gives them little time to dwell on the ball and so on so its not fair just to judge him on his goal returns because he adds something extra to our attack as well as having scored 11 in 22.

So basiclly your saying hes. Heskey in disguse brill

Time to let him go not even a shot on goal today needs 2 hatfuls of chance to bag one goal. His work rates good but def o time to move on you don t sign strikers not to score goals

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings

Well put. CMS had a great first half and made some excellent runs - not always picked out by midfield.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I cannot understand why people are criticizing CMS because as a team we looked and performed much better when he was on the pitch and lost our way when he went off. I believe that eventually him and Hoskins will be the partnership but apart from the goal that he took very well Hoskins didn't perform at all and was very slow and lost the ball too many times. His general hold up play and control was poor in comparison to CMS.

I think they are too similar in style. However Hoskins didn't close down as quickly as CMS which gave Newcastle the option to pick people out.

CMS was ok today but that is all, the goal masked Hoskins overall contribution, which was actually not that great. Still if he scores regularly he is just what we require.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He wasn't bad today. i thought he put in a decent enough shift. People forget the chance Hoskins blazed over a couple of games back. In fact I thought all the team played well today.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not looked through thread but Hoskins looked very pink faced after 85 mins and totally knackered in his after game interview ???

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

So basiclly your saying hes. Heskey in disguse brill

Time to let him go not even a shot on goal today needs 2 hatfuls of chance to bag one goal. His work rates good but def o time to move on you don t sign strikers not to score goals

So a strike rate of 1 in 2 this season isn't good enough for you? a rate that is higher than most strikers at this level.
And do work rate or the other dimensions a player brings to the side count for nothing too? just goals?

If his contribution leads to a win, it shouldn't matter who scored the goals.

Would you rather have a striker who contributed very little for 90 minutes (lazy, uninterested, etc..) but scores penalties and had 15 to 20 so far this season and we lose more games and have less points or someone like CMS who adds so much more than just goals to the side and helps us to get more points with or without his goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports