Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - The biggest waste of money?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
If he doesn't score a hatful this season, the £2.5m to £3.25m fee must have been a big waste of money.
As under 4 managers in the Championship, he flopped as a striker, if you include the paltry 10 goals in a Peterborough Championship season in a team that we constantly told on NSC was set-up perfectly for him by Darren Ferguson.
His supporters can't keep blaming various managers. Good players surely can adapt?

Not if he never gets the ball passed to him, I defy any striker to score with the paltry service he received in the first two seasons. Its about getting the ball to him and this just does not happen.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
For 3.5m I'd expect more than just a player who will only "thrive" from precisely delivered through balls. League 1 fine to open up dodgy defences, not in the championship......

If you get a thumbs down from me mate, it wasn't intended! Scrolling not always easy on an IPhone and I hit thumbs down in error.. I agree with your post to some extent, in that I think he is more effective with someone in support, as shown when Barnes played alongside him in 2011-2012 until the Palace game, and they played well together. Then for some reason Barnes went to the left wing. You've got the fee wrong though I think. Wasn't it £2.5m, rising to £3.25m based on appearances, etc?

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I think he deserves to be judged when he is fit and playing regularly. I can't remember him getting any criticism before he was crocked.
And yes, due to the contract time lost through the injury I suppose some may consider he wasn't good value for money.
But as with life in general you can't win them all. I think BHA have been incredibly successful with their transfer dealings, even though that has meant us having to wait longer than we'd prefer ... I'm happy and confident of a top six at least. In fact I have put my money where my mouth is on that....again.
And I suggest any punters out there get their money on now, because if we do get busy (as suggested) in the transfer market this week prices will tumble. ???

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If you get a thumbs down from me mate, it wasn't intended! Scrolling not always easy on an IPhone and I hit thumbs down in error.. I agree with your post to some extent, in that I think he is more effective with someone in support, as shown when Barnes played alongside him in 2011-2012 until the Palace game, and they played well together. Then for some reason Barnes went to the left wing. You've got the fee wrong though I think. Wasn't it £2.5m, rising to £3.25m based on appearances, etc?
To be honest I don't know the exact fee.

I'd love to see him do well, I really would.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Give him a chance guys he's just come back from a year out with serious injury!

Plus he has scored some goals and did deliver that peach of a cross to get us in the play offs!

Agree - see how he's doing at Christmas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here