Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - The biggest waste of money?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Without CMS putting the ball in for Ulloa so he could hardly miss at Forest we would not have scored that last minute goal.

CMS is one of the players to bring strikers into play, his running around like a headless chicken worries defences they can't switch off with players like him around.

Those who see him as a striker are wrong and if this is why Poyet signed him he was wrong, playing one striker is wrong, we need the likes of CMS and someone else.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Naylor just tweeted:

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 19m
Looking like relatively limited game time for CMS in final year of his contract. That is the focus of today's match report. #bhafc

£2.5m striker, and three managers haven't found him useful yet. I had hopes this could be his year but Sami's 'We need someone who can score goals' quote isn't filling me with hope.

How many chances did we create for CM last night? He created a sitter for Lua Lua who wasn't up to it. Of more concern is the fact that we are not even getting the ball into goalscoring positions. CMS is an easy target and carries the blame for two consecutive managers failing strategies. The second half for him last night must have felt like the first season at Amex for him again, one up front. I feel for the guy, it appears that Brighton is still the strikers graveyard.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You mean his scoring record presumably? There is more to his game though isn't there. And if you want to see if he can be effective against better defenders I'd say his performance against Pique for Scotland against Spain would be a good starting point.

Do you mean the game which Scotland lost 3-1?

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Without CMS putting the ball in for Ulloa so he could hardly miss at Forest we would not have scored that last minute goal.

CMS is one of the players to bring strikers into play, his running around like a headless chicken worries defences they can't switch off with players like him around.

Those who see him as a striker are wrong and if this is why Poyet signed him he was wrong, playing one striker is wrong, we need the likes of CMS and someone else.

This.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I can see this thread being bounced many times this coming season :rolleyes:

Almost as many times as the ball bouncing off of CMS's knee/shin/back of head?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He's not been great and is unlikely to be as a lone striker but he has lovely hair, is a nice chap and alway claps a lot when he leaves the pitch so he's largely escaped the boo boys who targeted Barnes, Spanish Dave and now JFC.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Craig is by all accounts is a LOVELY Fella but seeing him at full flow chasing around like a maddun reminds me of my dear departed Golden Retriever when I used to throw a ball for him. The same flowing golden locks, speed, zest for life and enthusiasm. Harry however had better ball control

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
We have had SEVERAL chances to sell him and not done it each time? WHY? Anyone can see he isn't up to it at this level should have bitten then hands off anyone offering us our money back.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
We have had SEVERAL chances to sell him and not done it each time? WHY? Anyone can see he isn't up to it at this level should have bitten then hands off anyone offering us our money back.

Get your money back ? :lolol:

My money is on him winding down his contract, and seeing out his days back at Peterborough

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
CMS whole game is based on running onto a through ball past flat-footed defenders. Might work in League One but not enough flat-footed defenders in the Championship for him to be very effective.

Sums it up nicely. In addition Championship defenders seem to have far more pace.
CMS scored just 10 in his Championship season with P'boro despite their kamikaze attacking at all costs and the system/partner that CMS-fans on here crave for. Not a disastrous total but gives him a value a small fraction of £2.5m-£3.25m.
Out of his depth, but good at shuttle runs on a pitch.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Get your money back ? :lolol:

My money is on him winding down his contract, and seeing out his days back at Peterborough

You know this thread is off limits to Palace trolls. It's just proof you're a sad wind-up merchant. Get a life, eh?

Last edited:

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
What complete & utter crap! Messi wouldn't have got into figures playing in such a negative, ponderous, one dimensional side. Just look at the goal away to Burnley and you'll see the quality that is CMS. I just hope that the tippy tappy tedium that we've all had to endure for eons hasn't destroyed CMS.

was that intentionally ironic?
Messi wouldn't score with tippy tippy football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here