Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Don't get how this could possibly be a sideways move, we are a much bigger club and better team than Peterborough. However it does seem a little odd that he would opt for us over West Ham who are a huge club really.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If we were prepared to bid for him in the first place then we must have put in an offer of about £3M. If we were prepared to do that then upping it a bit shouldn't be a problem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone else think it's funny that our best transfer rumour this close season was started by Norwich fan?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The chairman of Posh has just announced on twitter that another bid has been accepted. So depending on how soon after he posted it on twitter potentially CMS hasnt even been told yet?

Just a thought

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
And he chose us, but we didn't bid enough. Now we have, to be announced tomorrow? Seems like a very quick turn around. Does explain him not moving to LC though...
Possible, or for some reason the Leicester bid fell through and we're the only ones left on the table, could be any number of scenarios, who knows? And if he comes here, who cares? :)

I'd still be shocked though. We have money now but the other clubs in for him surely still have more and a higher starting point.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The chairman of Posh has just announced on twitter that another bid has been accepted. So depending on how soon after he posted it on twitter potentially CMS hasnt even been told yet?

Just a thought

As I posted previously his tweet said he had just admitted accepting another bid, not that he had just accepted another bid.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
IF this is true, and CMS signs, we'll have lost 22 goals (Murray) and gained 55 (CMS + Hoskins)... not to mention Bergkamp and Buckley!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I posted previously his tweet said he had just admitted accepting another bid, not that he had just accepted another bid.

The guy who seems to have started this whole rumour said:

drofrag Ash Garford
Brighton are the championship team to have a bid for CMS accepted

ON 15th JUNE - A few people had told me they had heard we had had one accepted back then but someone's lying / not correct. Fry said they were rejected... Posh chairman seems to indicate he's accepted a bid tonight which many perceive as a bid from us... I'm starting to smell a rat here

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Just a thought

So the chairman of Peterborough recieves a bid of over £3m for one of his players, what does he do first?

A) Let opposite chairman know he is accepting the bid.
B) Let the player know he is accepting the bid.
C) Let the players agent know he is accepting the bid.
D) Let Darren Ferguson know he is accepting another offer which may or may not delay his plans for bringing in new faces.

or

E) Get on twitter and tell those privelaged enough to see his tweets.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The guy who seems to have started this whole rumour said:

drofrag Ash Garford
Brighton are the championship team to have a bid for CMS accepted

ON 15th JUNE - A few people had told me they had heard we had had one accepted back then but someone's lying / not correct. Fry said they were rejected... Posh chairman seems to indicate he's accepted a bid tonight which many perceive as a bid from us... I'm starting to smell a rat here

I'm quoting the tweet copied on #344 of this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here