Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS (merged)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Discovered who:

Sneers at our club:
Glory-hunting Manc Mark Chapman laughed out loud disparangingly at the suggestion that CMS was joining a club going places. (5live 20:10 tonight)

Chapman is a bitter and twisted c**t. I remember him from his days on Chris Moyles' show and he was always having snide little digs at other clubs that weren't man utd. I'm sure I've heard him have a pop at us before. The bloke is a dick and I can't believe they let him present a football show about local clubs with his shitty condecending attitude.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just got back from a family funeral up country.

Just caught up with this fantastic news.

Tony and Gus you are heroes of mine!!!!!!:drool:

Apr 14, 2011
LMFAO, he's seriously pony. 3 million on a headless chicken who only notched 10 the last time he was in championship, you've been done.

Was one of the worst players seen at Selhurst that season, he was seriosuly shit, as are Brighton, so good match then maybe?

that bloom is a foolish clown, more money than sense. I could have sold him one of my shits for a tenner. Planning for life back in league 1, small time league 1 club with league 1 players who are proven to be failed championship players. HAHAHAHAHA

money%2Bdown%2Bthe%2Bdrain.jpg

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
LMFAO, he's seriously pony. 3 million on a headless chicken who only notched 10 the last time he was in championship, you've been done.

Was one of the worst players seen at Selhurst that season, he was seriosuly shit, as are Brighton, so good match then maybe?

that bloom is a foolish clown, more money than sense. I could have sold him one of my shits for a tenner. Planning for life back in league 1, small time league 1 club with league 1 players who are proven to be failed championship players. HAHAHAHAHA

lol

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Mocking us because we've spent serious money on a striker that Premier league and top Championship clubs wanted?

Great banter my friend.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Well I knew this day would come eventually, but I'm still gutted CMS has gone.
Just thought I'd post on here because I'm actually pleased he's gone to you. It annoyed me reading fans of "bigger" clubs saying they didn't want him because his touch wasn't good enough and all that, but you lot seem genuinely delighted to have him and I'm pleased he's gone somewhere he'll be appreciated and maybe one day loved like he is at Posh.
He's played a massive part in 3 promotions, but this season he seems to have transformed into a much better player even than before. We always said if he could learn to put away one-on-ones (he used to miss most of them) he would end up leaving us for a lot of money. Well this season he has done just that.
He's a unique player, like none I've ever seen before. It's not just his pace, it's his work rate - the bloke is just superhuman. He doesn't seem to ever tire. When you're 4-0 up, he'll sprint 50 yards to close down a fullback near the corner flag. I can't honestly think of a player to compare him to. He's one of a kind.
I was watching the dvd of our play off semi against MK Dongs the other day and at one point near the end we had a free kick where he was standing on the edge of the MK 6 yard box. The free kick hits the wall, they break, CMS sprints back the length of the pitch and 12 seconds after the free kick is taken you see him standing on our goal line ready to block the shot!
He's a genuinely good guy too, always has time for the fans, especially the kids.
So anyway, enjoy him, he has his faults like every player so be a little bit patient and I'm sure he'll do the business for you.
As for us, well we're probably going down aren't we, but at least the money gives us a shout if we spend it wisely.

Great post. Thanks. I felt much the same about the Bennett transfer.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Does this mean we are top of the spending listnof the championship? I make that £4.75million so far if you believe the CMS deal rises to £3.25mill.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Mate, you're not kidding anyone, seriously you are making yourself look a bit of a dick. Enjoy your season in our shadow :kiss: It's admirable of you though to think your team of no-hope no-marks will come even remotely close to match our lot of motivated, fit, pacey and driven winners.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

This is a football forum.

So what are you doing here?

f*** off.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Its actually quite refreshing that I don't feel the need to try and think up a witty or rude comment so send back

2325920887_b206236832.jpg

PoshEye

Jul 4, 2011
Well I knew this day would come eventually, but I'm still gutted CMS has gone.
Just thought I'd post on here because I'm actually pleased he's gone to you. It annoyed me reading fans of "bigger" clubs saying they didn't want him because his touch wasn't good enough and all that, but you lot seem genuinely delighted to have him and I'm pleased he's gone somewhere he'll be appreciated and maybe one day loved like he is at Posh.
He's played a massive part in 3 promotions, but this season he seems to have transformed into a much better player even than before. We always said if he could learn to put away one-on-ones (he used to miss most of them) he would end up leaving us for a lot of money. Well this season he has done just that.
He's a unique player, like none I've ever seen before. It's not just his pace, it's his work rate - the bloke is just superhuman. He doesn't seem to ever tire. When you're 4-0 up, he'll sprint 50 yards to close down a fullback near the corner flag. I can't honestly think of a player to compare him to. He's one of a kind.
I was watching the dvd of our play off semi against MK Dongs the other day and at one point near the end we had a free kick where he was standing on the edge of the MK 6 yard box. The free kick hits the wall, they break, CMS sprints back the length of the pitch and 12 seconds after the free kick is taken you see him standing on our goal line ready to block the shot!
He's a genuinely good guy too, always has time for the fans, especially the kids.
So anyway, enjoy him, he has his faults like every player so be a little bit patient and I'm sure he'll do the business for you.
As for us, well we're probably going down aren't we, but at least the money gives us a shout if we spend it wisely.

Great post. Thanks. I felt much the same about the Bennett transfer.

Totally agree with PoshWeAre. I know you have seen plenty of him as opposition but you can't really appreciate his dedication and workrate until you see him do it for 90 minutes every single game.

He is a one-off. His nickname amongst the other players on Twitter is "DuracellBunny" which probably says it all. We are gutted to lose him but he has been a model pro for us and owes us nothing. I was hoping he would go to the Prem to be honest just so we didn't have to face him next term.

Give him time and treat him well. Please.

P.S. To the Palace doubters: The man did only score 10 or 12 goals last time around in the Championship but that doesn't seem too bad to me as he was part of one of the worst teams to have played in that division for a while (I'm a posh fan, I can say that). He is also a much improved player from 2 years ago, his 1st touch is better and his 1-on-1 finishing last year was cracking.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Nice to read all that, thanks Posh fans. I've had a lot of Championship fans messaging me yesterday / today saying 'waste of money', 'poor first touch', 'only scored ten goals' etc, so it's great to read about him from his own. :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
P.S. To the Palace doubters: The man did only score 10 or 12 goals last time around in the Championship but that doesn't seem too bad to me as he was part of one of the worst teams to have played in that division for a while (I'm a posh fan, I can say that). He is also a much improved player from 2 years ago, his 1st touch is better and his 1-on-1 finishing last year was cracking.

They're Palace fans, therefore they don't understand football, and as such their opinions don't count.

Good luck this season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

Im not really sure we can class you as rivals next season, I dont think you are going to affect our season, i can see our big games now against the likes of Blackpool, Leicester, Boro, scc, Leeds, teams that are going to compete with us for play off spots, you just enjoy your "big" games, the 6 pointers against the likes of Barnsley and Derby. and then you can look forward to your new rivalry against Crawley Town the year after. See ya, enjoy the struggle in your near empty shit hole of a stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here