CMS (merged)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Well listening to some commentaters, eyes are starting to turn south.I think we have gone under alot of the media's radar and have just dropped a transfer bomb.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
CMS 35 goals, Barnes 20 ish, Hoskins 20 ish and Berkamp as the 4 strikers!!

Noone and Buckley out wide and possibly KLL!!!

Going to be good going forward.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Leicester now saying THEY pulled out.

foxestalk said:
Posted Today, 08:36 PM
Sorry last post!!

Just so people know, I have it from a very good source that it was Svens decision not to sign CMS. He made the decision to overlook him and not the other way round.

Obviously can't give the source but I can say they are close to someone who has dialogue with the club daily.

I think Stringer also hinted at this in his tweet earlier.

Craig Mackail-Smith - FoxesTalk Forum - Page 84

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gerry Ryan

Not since Gerry Ryan turned down Stoke City for Brighton has anything happened like this.

PoshWeAre

Jul 4, 2011
Well I knew this day would come eventually, but I'm still gutted CMS has gone.
Just thought I'd post on here because I'm actually pleased he's gone to you. It annoyed me reading fans of "bigger" clubs saying they didn't want him because his touch wasn't good enough and all that, but you lot seem genuinely delighted to have him and I'm pleased he's gone somewhere he'll be appreciated and maybe one day loved like he is at Posh.
He's played a massive part in 3 promotions, but this season he seems to have transformed into a much better player even than before. We always said if he could learn to put away one-on-ones (he used to miss most of them) he would end up leaving us for a lot of money. Well this season he has done just that.
He's a unique player, like none I've ever seen before. It's not just his pace, it's his work rate - the bloke is just superhuman. He doesn't seem to ever tire. When you're 4-0 up, he'll sprint 50 yards to close down a fullback near the corner flag. I can't honestly think of a player to compare him to. He's one of a kind.
I was watching the dvd of our play off semi against MK Dongs the other day and at one point near the end we had a free kick where he was standing on the edge of the MK 6 yard box. The free kick hits the wall, they break, CMS sprints back the length of the pitch and 12 seconds after the free kick is taken you see him standing on our goal line ready to block the shot!
He's a genuinely good guy too, always has time for the fans, especially the kids.
So anyway, enjoy him, he has his faults like every player so be a little bit patient and I'm sure he'll do the business for you.
As for us, well we're probably going down aren't we, but at least the money gives us a shout if we spend it wisely.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Mark Chapman is a prize cockjugglingthundercunt who couldn't see past his Manure-tinted contact lenses if his life depended on it. How that boring droning tosspot got a job in the media is beyond me.

Spot on.
Boring nasal voiced glory hunting Chapman.

Neil Ashton though, a very fair and balanced journalist (but Palace fan) praised Albion and their ambitions on TalkSport at 21:50 tonight. Thinks the buy is a real statement of intent.

He mentioned his love Palace are strapped for cash, which fits in with their club recently making it plain that they have to sell to buy, after dishing out the large signing-on fee and wages on a certain person.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Nothing to do with Sven being on his holibobs and too cool to venture back to meet a potential signing.

I don't like Leicester very much and I love the fact that we beat them to his signature, however it happened.

They can stick their free (unpaid for) crisp bowl up their arse. The city is rugby. I support the Leicester Tigers, their football team can (at the risk of sounding Northern) do one.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
f*** me, just got back from a shitey day, in the shitehole that is croydon, and seee this, BLOODY FANTASTIC!!
Gus, Tony......legendary x

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Really good little post PoshWeAre we lost our best player as well Bennett, then Murray, both for different reasons and equally valid. But rest assured he will love it here and the way we play. All the best for next season.
[video]http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606,00.html[/video]

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Just thought I'd post on here because I'm actually pleased he's gone to you. It annoyed me reading fans of "bigger" clubs saying they didn't want him because his touch wasn't good enough and all that, but you lot seem genuinely delighted to have him and I'm pleased he's gone somewhere he'll be appreciated and maybe one day loved like he is at Posh.
He's played a massive part in 3 promotions, but this season he seems to have transformed into a much better player even than before. We always said if he could learn to put away one-on-ones (he used to miss most of them) he would end up leaving us for a lot of money. Well this season he has done just that.
He's a unique player, like none I've ever seen before. It's not just his pace, it's his work rate - the bloke is just superhuman. He doesn't seem to ever tire. When you're 4-0 up, he'll sprint 50 yards to close down a fullback near the corner flag. I can't honestly think of a player to compare him to. He's one of a kind.
I was watching the dvd of our play off semi against MK Dongs the other day and at one point near the end we had a free kick where he was standing on the edge of the MK 6 yard box. The free kick hits the wall, they break, CMS sprints back the length of the pitch and 12 seconds after the free kick is taken you see him standing on our goal line ready to block the shot!
He's a genuinely good guy too, always has time for the fans, especially the kids.
So anyway, enjoy him, he has his faults like every player so be a little bit patient and I'm sure he'll do the business for you.
As for us, well we're probably going down aren't we, but at least the money gives us a shout if we spend it wisely.

Thanks for that, you must be gutted to lose him but we're really excited to have him. He really impressed me down at your place last season when we'd played you off the park (it was one of our best performances of the season) but he still kept running for the ball. Good luck for the new season, I'm sure you'll be able to sign a couple of decent players with the transfer fee.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
foxetalk:
"Just so people know, I have it from a very good source that it was Svens decision not to sign CMS. He made the decision to overlook him and not the other way round.
Obviously can't give the source but I can say they are close to someone who has dialogue with the club daily.
I think Stringer also hinted at this in his tweet earlier."
Leicester have their scouts looking for talent all season. They've seen CMS play and decide to keep a close eye on him. Sven has then persuaded the owner that this player is worth a few million pounds, and the owner has said ok, if you think he's important for the team, go for it. So they've made an offer and had it accepted. And then Sven has changed his mind and said to the owner, ignore what I said before, he's probably not as good as I said he was last week.

Pull the other one.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Just come back from spending 5 days in an internet black hole to this. Unbelievable!!!! Now we just need to sort out the defence and I might just start to believe we have a chance of being contenders!

Fantastic work!

Great post - even more excited now.

Can't work out he looks like though, I think a cross between these two:

4802kuyt.jpg

the_Legend_of_zelda_Twilight_Princess_Link_costume_ver_01-1-01.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Night night all, unbelievable day, just had one last peek at the official site to check it wasn't a wind-up. It's not, CMS = Brighton player!

PS my top tip for anyone who's yet to read it - check out foxes talk / CMS thread / and read from p66 onwards. Marvellous viewing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports