Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS how do you think he will do this coming season?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It all depends on who is around him, and the system we play.

Up front on his own, bar a couple of wide men, and I think he'll struggle again. Get him linked up in a good partnership, and he could fly.

Ignoring the fact that the Forlan thing won't actually happen, just take a look at that video of his top 10 goals. If we had someone who commanded that sort of respect with their long distance shooting, whether that's Forlan, Vicente, Harley or JFC, then the defence would have to push up and close down the space 25-30 yards out, which would give space in behind for CMS to run into. That's what he's used to feeding off, and if we had a system to reproduce that he would again be mustard.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I can't see much improvement coming from him sadly. In a team looking to go places I don't believe he has the consistency in him at this level to shoot us into the higher places.

Nice guy, great pace, wrong team.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think this season the shift in style of play may have been too soon. It's easy to sit at a desk and claim he's had all season to adjust, but this is football. When you're drilled into playing a particular way for so long, getting out of that habit must be difficult and frustrating. I think he'll have a better season, not a prolific season, but nonetheless better. I want to see him and Hoskins paired up front more and see how effective that is.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I struggle to think of a player from the past, who has so much good will from the fans. There is nothing about the guy that is not to like. I think the guy has it to be a top championship striker and bag 20 goals. No doubt he had a bad season last year and I think he will be the first to admit it. All strikers blow hot and cold, just look at Torres. Cms will come good, or at least I hope he does. We have been crying out for a goalscoring hero since Zamora.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Heart says 20+ goals, head says patience may run out with him. let's hope it's the first!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I struggle to think of a player from the past, who has so much good will from the fans. There is nothing about the guy that is not to like. I think the guy has it to be a top championship striker and bag 20 goals. No doubt he had a bad season last year and I think he will be the first to admit it. All strikers blow hot and cold, just look at Torres. Cms will come good, or at least I hope he does. We have been crying out for a goalscoring hero since Zamora.

100% this

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I think it all depends on the quality and consistency of the service to him, if he gets balls dinged at him at face height or at 100mph then he is going to have the same issues, good sympathetic ball and he will score 20+...

This - get the srvice right + someone half decent alongside him and the sky's the limit

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
He scored most of his goals for Peterborough in the 6 yard box, most of his goals for us were in the 6 yard box. We dont really put the ball in the 6 yard box. Thats where the problem is in my opinion. Change that he he will bang them in.

Pixelated Penguin

Jul 5, 2011
He scored most of his goals for Peterborough in the 6 yard box, most of his goals for us were in the 6 yard box. We dont really put the ball in the 6 yard box. Thats where the problem is in my opinion. Change that he he will bang them in.

Very much this.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
If we create chances, he will score. Reading the Argus match report book from last season reminded me how starved he was of service last season. He probably got around one clear cut opportunity every 3 games.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Gus has sent him away with tactical clips to watch and study all summer to help him integrate into our style of play. Also recognising that we need to play slightly differently to help him. There is no doubt CMS will put in the hard work and the close season is a much better time to see the bigger picture and absorb ideas, but how much will he have taken on and adjusted? I think it will be really interesting to see, i for one think we will have a better CMS on our hands this coming season.

Better

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Agreed

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I'm sure he'll run around a lot, not do a whole lot else I expect as he will remain isolated upfront on his own with f*** all service.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
That's the problem, we didn't give him a chance last season to score goals. Like buying an expensive car and refusing to put petrol in the tank and wondering why it won't move

Gus must surely have worked this out & planned our tactics appropriately for this season.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
CMS will get more goals than Barnes this season and that's without taken the pens and playing less game time than Barnes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here