Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS and Oscars plans

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
lets just hope that CMS comes back with the same pace he left with. If he does then I think we have a squad to match anyones in the league. (assuming all fit and raring to go)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I posted this on the CMS and Ulloa thread, but think it's relevant to this one:

That Man from Argentina is the main man up front: he scores goals. Don't think Oscar will deviate much, if at all, from 4-3-3/4-5-1, so CMS and Barnes will have to wait for: injuries; the last 20 minutes or so of games; be content to start up front in the least important games or those that their particular qualities will trouble the opposition more; or play wide left or right.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I personally cannot wait to see CMS back and running defenders ragged. Some people seem to have written him off but we will be far more dangerous with him back and we will finish the season very strongly with him scoring alongside Leo. This could easily be our strongest ever frontline threat.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I personally cannot wait to see CMS back and running defenders ragged. Some people seem to have written him off but we will be far more dangerous with him back and we will finish the season very strongly with him scoring alongside Leo. This could easily be our strongest ever frontline threat.

What he said! I'm really looking fwd to CMS and Leo working upfront together - and running the opposition ragged (I hope).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

What he said! I'm really looking fwd to CMS and Leo working upfront together - and running the opposition ragged (I hope).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

You might want this to happen, but when has Oscar played two up front? There's an argument to make that he's played Buckley more as a second striker at times than as an out-and-out right winger. Others have indicated that he played Barnes and Ulloa up-front together early in the season, though I can't remember this happening, or was absent when it did.
We've been chasing games (Forest, Barnsley, etc), but I can't remember him adapting from his preferred 4-3-3/4-5-1 line-up. I trust him. He's attached to this for a reason, so don't really expect to see Ulloa and CMS playing up-front together in a 4-4-2 system.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think CMS coming back would be a negative at this stage of the season other than as a strictly limited impact sub. Unless he's changed his game markedly and no longer runs around aimlessly like a superannuated Alex Revell, then the current side who are more or less settled now, and slowly but surely building up a head of steam, will have no idea what to make of him or how to play with him. Ashley Barnes is a proper striker, the rest of the side know where to find him. With CMS he's in his own little running-around world that sometimes randomly intersects with where you want your striker to be positioned - but mostly doesn't. Would be best for both parties to get rid in January IMHO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think CMS coming back would be a negative at this stage of the season other than as a strictly limited impact sub. Unless he's changed his game markedly and no longer runs around aimlessly like a superannuated Alex Revell, then the current side who are more or less settled now, and slowly but surely building up a head of steam, will have no idea what to make of him or how to play with him. Ashley Barnes is a proper striker, the rest of the side know where to find him. With CMS he's in his own little running-around world that sometimes randomly intersects with where you want your striker to be positioned - but mostly doesn't. Would be best for both parties to get rid in January IMHO.

I cant believe that post as we would lose so much money if he was sold in January based on his performances under Gus. I think that we should wait and see how he fits in with Oscar and his style of play before deciding to out him.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Err, no. CMS is not a 'superannuated Alex Revell'. Let's see how he gets on when fit, and played the way he should be played (NOT how Gus used him). Just a quick reminder, he was on for 20+ goals last season before his injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here