Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS and Oscars plans

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think he will slot in as a support striker with Ulloa up top....I think some of the comments about CMS and his perceived lack of ability are coming from the same sources that thought Conway was a waste of space.....I can't wait for him to get going again.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
garden-bench.jpg

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
More likely to be able to complement Ulloa than Barnes. A much much better player than some on here give him credit for.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oscar was keen to have Buckley just off Ulloa, through the middle.

Will wasn't up to it, then injuryageddon struck.

CMS was born for that role.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

Indeed......its pace we need to compliment Ulloa.....simple.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Yes. That is what I was trying to say. You put it so eloquently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. That is what I was trying to say. You put it so eloquently.
You need to be having words with your English teacher.
If a sentence containing 'injuryageddon' is still more eloquent than your own post, heads should roll :lol:

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
CMS would work brilliantly as the lone striker in our 4-3-3/4-5-1. His pressing is perfect for the system, but unfortunately for CMS, Ulloa is a better goal scorer so he's going to struggle to get that first choice striker position. Also think CMS would link very well with Kemy dropping balls in-between defenders for him to race onto. CMS may not be in the 1st XI too often, but will be a crucial player for us nonetheless

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Also think CMS would link very well with Kemy dropping balls in-between defenders for him to race onto.
This is exactly how he made his name at Peterborough, this is why we paid good money for him,... he is designed to latch onto the through ball at pace,.... not battle for high balls with six foot six central defenders. Sadly good old Gus didn't use him thus for one reason or another.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You need to be having words with your English teacher.
If a sentence containing 'injuryageddon' is still more eloquent than your own post, heads should roll :lol:

LoL! I'm not sure I could still track down my English teacher, and I really like your new word anyway... much better than the OED-approved 'selfy'! :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There will be some games when we need to go 4-4-2 and the two up front need to be Spanish Len and CMS

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There will be some games when we need to go 4-4-2 and the two up front need to be Spanish Len and CMS
AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH

We still wouldn't be playing 4-4-2.
CMS and Ulloa together will result in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation, depending on who the wide players are.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
A bad injury. Let's hope CMS has not lost a yard of pace. I hope he does well and i think that Oscar's style could suit him better.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
AAARRRRGGGHHHHHHH

We still wouldn't be playing 4-4-2.
CMS and Ulloa together will result in a 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 formation, depending on who the wide players are.

You don't need wingers all the time if the midfield are pinging those through balls for CMS to chase down like a labrador , it is his bread and butter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here