Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Survey

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The email has been sent out to the chosen ones. Have you upset Paul Barber recently?

Well, I'd hope I hadn't upset him, but I have on occasion given the club some frank feedback; much positive, but some rather less so.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I received eight invites to the survey, including to some email addresses @northstandchat.com that i don't recall ever setting up (nikekit @ northstandchat.com ?!?) and one for my 5-year-old son who rarely attends.

My daughter who is a season ticket holder didn't receive one though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I received eight invites to the survey, including to some email addresses @northstandchat.com that i don't recall ever setting up (nikekit @ northstandchat.com ?!?) and one for my 5-year-old son who rarely attends.

My daughter who is a season ticket holder didn't receive one though.

Aaaaah........but you are truly THE chosen one!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had a 1901 survey at the end of last season and gave up as it was so long and asked a heap of weird questions. I know a few other people who did the same.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I had a problem with what reasons are most important for you to go, there was no option for - because that Saturday it is both physically, geographically and financially possible! I like a good atmosphere, comfy seat, good pie, good footy etc. if I lived back in Brighton and the wife and kids had left me then I'd be able to be fussy about cushions and team formation, as it is I'm just grateful to get to the Amex half a dozen times a year to watch the team I love, just As I did when they were rubbish at the Goldstone/Gillingham/Withdean. Couldn't be bothered to complete it after that!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
I got the survey and generally it was ok (although some of the questions were a bit weird). The bit that really got my back up were the final couple of questions where they asked you if you would be interested in finding out more about American Express products. Its supposed to be a fan survey not a marketing push!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The bit that really got my back up were the final couple of questions where they asked you if you would be interested in finding out more about American Express products. Its supposed to be a fan survey not a marketing push!

Not an unreasonable question, given the heavy investment into us by AMEX that they should be involved in bits like this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry, when I'm abusing the club and don't want to leave my own details, I use something @ nsc.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I got the survey and generally it was ok (although some of the questions were a bit weird). The bit that really got my back up were the final couple of questions where they asked you if you would be interested in finding out more about American Express products. Its supposed to be a fan survey not a marketing push!

American Express pump a lot of money into the club. Hardly onerous on you to tick a box requesting no contact. Without them, our seat prices might be more expensive or the squad budget not as good as it is. Just a small price to pay.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
IThe bit that really got my back up were the final couple of questions where they asked you if you would be interested in finding out more about American Express products. Its supposed to be a fan survey not a marketing push!

In fairness as well as you easily being able to say 'no' to that, there was the also the opportunity for you to say that you felt there were too many emails in relation to club partners and you wanted less of them.

(Not that I imagine it will make much difference what we say)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Perhaps, strangely, I would like to know more about Amex products, without being that bothered enough to spend time trawling the internet on my own research. I'll be ticking yes to this option, if I can get this survey email.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps, strangely, I would like to know more about Amex products, without being that bothered enough to spend time trawling the internet on my own research. I'll be ticking yes to this option, if I can get this survey email.

Would be nice if AMEX brought out some kind of special BHAFC credit card with perks/bonuses for Albion fans.

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

I actually think more could well be made of marketing the Amex connection to Albion fans; I certainly don't hold it against them or the club for trying to gauge potential interest in it.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I hope others have mentioned outside seating!

My only issue was there was there was no way of going back (unless I missed it), which meant if you weren't quite sure if what you had to say fit into one section, then you found it didn't fit in anywhere else, you couldn't go back and insert it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
One thing I forgot to mention was about the website, there is a "ticket news" section and a "news" section - a lot of the time ticket news ends up in the general news section so is harder to find.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One thing I forgot to mention was about the website, there is a "ticket news" section and a "news" section - a lot of the time ticket news ends up in the general news section so is harder to find.

Don't worry, I think I covered that with my "the whole thing is utterly shit"* comment.

*I paraphrase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here