Club Statement

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bracknell said:
Someone explain to me how a supporter who has been to every home game this season, but pays on a match by match basis, can get a ticket for the replay.

Wait until they go on general sale (behind the mates of season ticket holders, who haven't been to a single game so far)?

This is FAIR?

No it isn't - but neither is it fair to expect the ticket office to set up a loyalty system overnight for this replay!

It isn't fair as you say that the mates of ST holders can get in before these people, but I genuinely wonder how many people fall into this category. ie. go to EVERY game (rather than say 50 or 60 per cent of them) and do not buy a season ticket.

I know DJ Leon is one, hopefully if there is a miracle tomorrow he will have a mate who is a season ticket holder who will take care of him! :)

London Irish said:
No it isn't - but neither is it fair to expect the ticket office to set up a loyalty system overnight for this replay!

It isn't fair as you say that the mates of ST holders can get in before these people, but I genuinely wonder how many people fall into this category. ie. go to EVERY game (rather than say 50 or 60 per cent of them) and do not buy a season ticket.

I know DJ Leon is one, hopefully if there is a miracle tomorrow he will have a mate who is a season ticket holder who will take care of him! :)
Three points ...

They have already set up a loyalty system. It was "Buy a ticket for the home cup games and you'll get a benefit from this" - and now they've abandoned it.

Every game or 60 per cent of games? - a minor difference. Both categories deserve better treatment than Supporters Club members who go to hardly any games. And this category of loyal fan (probably a few hundred) deserve better treatment than mates of season ticket holders who have been to none.

And, thirdly, the Club have been desperately trying to attract new supporters to Withdean this season - none of them will get a look in.

Last edited:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Personally would say is fair to give season ticket holders a day or two to buy their tickets first

After that we need some kind of "loyalty scheme" to ration tickets - or say after season ticket holders sales - of whatever left a certain %age - say 50% are then sold to away scheme members re postal applications only - in date order of receipt until they run out - then the other ones that are left go on sale to face to face callers at shop ticket office

I like a lot of away scheme members this time didn't get a ticket as live in another part of country - posted application on Tuesday after read the website on the Monday - club got application Wednesday - by which time none left ( due to Swansea game buckets ) - how can that be fair to "genuine" away scheme members

Living in midlands I go to a fair amount of away games near me and a few home games - with all petrol costs thrown in it's about the same as cost of a season ticket - plus spending about £17 a month on lottery and Heroes & Winners tickets

However I stood less chance of getting a ticket this time than someone is an away scheme member whose last two games were Spurs and Cardiff who had an application hand delivered by their mate at the Swansea game into a bucket

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:
Happy with that, Beach Hut?

What is it to do with you Mr T ?

Lord Bracknell said:
Three points ...

They have already set up a loyalty system. It was "Buy a ticket for the home cup games and you'll get a benefit from this" - and now they've abandoned it.
Yes, but almost certainly due to the time pressures imposed by a replay. We can't get away with the fact that we have a virtual non-league set-up in our ticket office and sometimes short-cuts have to be taken. In many ways, that was the same problem with the away allocation tomorrow.

As for the supporters club, well having a go at the "bobble-hatters" is fairly cheap currency on here, so go for it by all means :lolol:

For me, I'm not sure that will improve the quality of the debate a jot. The answer to BHA Links' dilemma (and I would imagine very few people could be arsed to join that club and not go to home games!) is fairly straightforward, don't buy a ticket if your conscience troubles you so! :drink:

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazing I thought we sang "you don't know what you are doing" to the referee !

Beach Hut said:
Amazing I thought we sang "you don't know what you are doing" to the referee !

But I don't understand why you are unhappy? Perry is promising a review, so he has listened to you and others making similar points.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
I'm a member of the Supporters' Club and, I've never been aware that this has given me any priority for big match tickets. I didn't even know that the ticket office had a list of members. I've always assumed that I've received the tickets I've applied for because I'm a STH and I've always applied very early. :shootself

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Was I the only person at Withdean during the first two rounds who heard "potential future priority for tickets" rather than "definite future priority for tickets" ???

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
But I don't understand why you are unhappy? Perry is promising a review, so he has listened to you and others making similar points.

Happy with the review, but carnage if a replay

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Lord Bracknell said:
Someone explain to me how a supporter who has been to every home game this season, but pays on a match by match basis, can get a ticket for the replay.

Wait until they go on general sale (behind the mates of season ticket holders, who haven't been to a single game so far)?

This is FAIR?

NO, this is absolutely NOT fair. I am a STH, but if any of my mates, who don,t go regularly to support the Albion want a ticket.............DON,T BOTHER F*****G ASKING ME !!!!!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
Both categories deserve better treatment than Supporters Club members who go to hardly any games.

Point of order - who says that Supporters Club members hardly go to any games?

At the AGM most of those that I saw were regulars and STH. I cannot vouch for everyone of them of course.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Trish said:
I'm a member of the Supporters' Club and, I've never been aware that this has given me any priority for big match tickets. I didn't even know that the ticket office had a list of members. I've always assumed that I've received the tickets I've applied for because I'm a STH and I've always applied very early. :shootself

Sorry. In the past tickets have been purchased on behalf of some supporters' club members but as far as I am aware this is no longer the case.

Yorkie said:
Point of order - who says that Supporters Club members hardly go to any games?

At the AGM most of those that I saw were regulars and STH. I cannot vouch for everyone of them of course.
I was only quoting the case of BHA Links, earlier on this thread:-

BHA links said:
I am a Supporters Club member. I haven't been to Withdean since the 0-0 draw with Palace (4 years ago?).

Why have I got priority over someone who was asked to keep their stubs from the 2 previous home FA Cup ties?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What the hell is the supporters Club.

I've been a STH for donkeys of years and the last time I heard anything about the supporters club (other than Liz Costa appearing on telly spouting forth) was back in the Goldstone days. Maybe I have missed it, but when did they last make any effort to get people to join?? I recall years ago there being a regular slot in the programme about them, but since that nothing. We all know we have a chairman or president of the supporters club, but its always struck me that its now a closed shop reserved for the bobble hats and alike, Sarah Watts etc...

To include them in some kind of priority list is frankly staggering.

Good of the club to apologise, but frankly they are just looking like a bunch of incompetent wankers now, and one man particularly so!!

And next time they want supporters to turn up to a crappy FA Cup game against non league, saying that attending that will get you some kind of priority for "big games" isn't exactly going to work is it!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:
the Club have been desperately trying to attract new supporters to Withdean this season - none of them will get a look in.

Like my little bulldog and his mates who went to the 1st and 2nd round games but will never get a look in for future F A cup games this season, It's hard enough trying to guide kids away from the glory of the premiership teams and towards the Albion but the club don't help at all.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
sir danny cullip said:
Was I the only person at Withdean during the first two rounds who heard "potential future priority for tickets" rather than "definite future priority for tickets" ???
And it wasn't as if they got big crowds for the two FA Cup games.
This is a total cock-up again.
But there probably won't be a replay.:jester:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:

I hope so too! But we ALL have to admit that there is no such thing as a totally fair system. People, often deserving people, will miss out on tickets for oversubscribed games like this one. What would be nice is if people could recognise this and give the club a break instead of rasing merry hell that they personally didn't get a ticket.

I liked the way the system previously worked, it gave something to STH and to EVERYONE else (I do strongly believe everyone, regardless of who they are, should be able to get a ticket). The new system will work like a closed shop, an exclusive club. Let's hope that the likes of Beach Hut are right and that the new system doesn't end up being equally as divisive and damaging to the club as the current one APPEARS to be.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It was the supporters club who paid for the North Stand roof at the Goldstone. FACT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports