Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well played BHA - NOT !!!! Gus finds out via the BBC - remind me who thinks the club is well run currently ?

I'm sure sure someone told me on here for absolute SURE that he COULDN'T appeal - wonder where they are now ?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
We have come a long way........... We used to sack managers at The Little Chef. Now we do it live on BBC. Amateur PR! (in both cases). Can we learn - just a little?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No, I'm suggesting that this was an arrangement agreed with the club and that it suits Gus far more to say that he had no idea.

You reckon the club would really want to look that ridiculous? Blimey.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If there was one thing that Gus was rubbish at, it was interviews straight after something had gone wrong (ie losing games). His answers in this interview were very coherent. To me, this suggests that this news was not a surprise.

Except that what he has said is not libelous. 30/30

* a pedant writes *

Nothing anybody says is ever libellous

I'm a little surprised the clubs statement didn't say something along the lines of we would like to thank Gus for all his efforts. There's been a big time falling out. Whatever the club think Gus has done they obviously feel that it is extremely serious. This is not about off the cuff comments after the Palace game. It's way more serious than that.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The issue of whether he knew or not couldn't be LESS important.

It's the fact someone in PR has decided the release a statement when he is on LIVE TV and give him the OPPORTUNITY to reply.

Why? To embarrass him? Well that backfired DIDNT IT?

Pr is public relations. We have needlessly allows ourselves to look stupid to the public.

Sake

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Although I believe Gus (or at least his representatives) will have been told beforehand, we've come out looking very very poor. Awful PR from the club

Exactly. Either:
  1. If Gus didn't know, I am disgusted at the treatment of him
  2. If Gus did know, the whole thing is a PR shambles and a management mess.
If I were Tony Bloom and had left this up to others to deal with, I would be furious, whichever were true.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Barber said the other week in a statement it is taking so long as we doing everything in the right way.

this is not the right way.

many viewers dont read too many football sites or papers - and what they saw and heard from poyet just now will stick with them.

PR suicide.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
He ****ing knew, he is just starting his own propaganda against the club, when it comes to light he knew it will be very embarrassing for Gus.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
* a pedant writes *

Nothing anybody says is ever libellous

I'm a little surprised the clubs statement didn't say something along the lines of we would like to thank Gus for all his efforts. There's been a big time falling out. Whatever the club think Gus has done they obviously feel that it is extremely serious. This is not about off the cuff comments after the Palace game. It's way more serious than that.

If Gus is appealing the decision why on earth would he lie live on National TV about how he found out about it?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Exactly. Either:
  1. If Gus didn't know, I am disgusted at the treatment of him
  2. If Gus did know, the whole thing is a PR shambles and a management mess.
If I were Tony Bloom and had left this up to others to deal with, I would be furious, whichever were true.

Aye. That seems to be the size of it. Doesn't it just make you feel so proud... :nono:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He ****ing knew, he is just starting his own propaganda against the club, when it comes to light he knew it will be very embarrassing for Gus.

Which the club have given him the opportunity to by releasing the statement at the time they did

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Regardless of whether Gus is lying or not, the club have played this HIDEOUSLY. I can't remember the last time we looked to tinpot - not for many, many years.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Well played BHA - NOT !!!! Gus finds out via the BBC - remind me who thinks the club is well run currently ?

I'm sure sure someone told me on here for absolute SURE that he COULDN'T appeal - wonder where they are now ?

can i ask why you believe gus and not the club statement that says gus was informed today???????

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This has taken so long because the club has played it by the book. This is just another case of Poyet manipulating the situation. I wouldn't trust the man any further than I could throw him.
Any well other club that rings Brighton for the low down will be given a good indication of what he is capable of. He's a snake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here