Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
This seems such ridiculous timing from the club's point of view. Whatever the rights and wrongs, it allows Gus the chance to play the victim on national TV and win a lot of support for his cause. Surely, having waited so long, it could have waited until tomorrow morning.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
He knew for ****s sake, don't believe his bullish!t for one minute, he's trying to get the public on his side.

Don't forget this is the guy that has constantly backed Suarez through the negreto and biting affairs so I don't think integrity is at the top of his list.

Having said that its a shame it's ended like this for both sides.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Whether he knew beforehand or not, in the PR stakes it is certainly Poyet 1-0 Club

Jerky Chicken

May 28, 2013
Pooyet must surely appeal otherwise he accepts the charges and that may make it difficult to get another top job...this is going to run and run and may get runnier....it may go to Employment Court

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I imagine that this could turn out to be a very long, drawn-out process that could cost the Club a lot more than a departure on mutually agreed terms would have done.

Indeed.

I'm sort-of relieved to hear that the club have finally made a decision, but seeing GP on live TV talking about his fresh sacking just sticks a rancid Cherry on the top of this unpleasant & shambolic matter. Absolute bag o' shite.

ps Hope you're doin' ok Ed & the treatment's going well (if you've started it). Glad to see you're back on here keeping tabs on the rabble innit. :wink:

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
I honestly thought it was brilliant timing.....
After having too listen to him big himself up for other jobs again and again in the media with no thought for us the fans , it was sweet revenge !

F**k him and his games and his inflated ego.......

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
who else would it be? the cleaning lady? the youth team centre back? silly post.

No, you're the one making the 'silly posts'. You clearly know jackshit so are attempting to claim it is all Barber's fault just because a handful of other people are.

So you think Barber has solely decided to get a statement written up and published when Gus is on tv? He made that decision all on his own, with no input from Bloom, the marketing department and the board? Yeah, nice one.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Did you watch it?

Anyone who has a degree of empathy can see that he was emotional about the news - and it was not an act.

It was a complete surprise - a deliberate & strategic act by the club.

i guess you will go off and support someone else now. of course he knew get real

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Well he's just said it on national TV in front of pretty much all of us. So you're accusing him of libel yes?

I expect the club have informed his legal representatives that he was sacked and I am sure GP knew this before the TV show. It therefore is possible the club have not told him direct that he was sacked and to be honest I would expect all of this to be done between lawyers and not direct. So a fair legal and political spin from Poyet saying he didn't know from the club. He mentioned he had a e mail from the club that he had not read and his legal team were looking at. IMO there is no way Poyet didn't know he had lost his job before club statement. I just don't understand the clubs timing of the announcement knowing he would have 10 mins on national TV to defend himself/play victim. All very strange and sad really.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This is defiantly 1 nil Gus whether you believe him or not (I have no reason not to). Club are not coming out of this well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here