Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement re Gus *MERGED*

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Who is responsible? Surely not Tony?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Completely deliberate & strategic act to sack him while he's on TV.

Pretty disgusted at this club right now to be honest.

Keep your Gus love in going mate, I don't believe an effin word of it.......

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Gus can appeal till the cows come home but he hasn't a leg to stand on and saying this is the first he'd heard about it is complete and utter bullshite.

The club have gone down the right channels over this and Gus is playing games for the camera, he knows he's ****edd.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

IF you believe Gus and not the club. I would be amazed if the club haven't in some way communicated this to Gus or his reps prior to the statement. Either way, it's all quite sad.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

We don't know that. Its possible he knew the outcome, not when it would be announced.

It really would be a leap of absolutely nastiness for them to do it the way you are saying. Even with the leaks and briefings of the last few weeks and the naive press release last Monday, I don't believe that our club would stoop so low.

How very crystal palace of us. Quite embarrassed by our actions tonight. I suggest Mr Bloom gets back to grips with this club. Mr Barber is now out of control. Ashamed!!!

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I suppose Gus's viewpoint could be true but I wonder if he is just muddying the waters ahead of a potential appeal, more posturing on his side? Otherwise if he looks a muppet on national TV. He has to put a brave face on things.

Cue hysterical LMA statement: 'cheap media stunt by the Club blah blah' - followed by Club statement saying they did tell Gus earlier................

It is rather ironic that his downfall appears to have been triggered by series of indiscrete comments on live TV and then he gets the gooner live on TV. You live by the sword, you die by the sword. There maybe is some karma to that but we won't hear the last of it..

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I would expect this sort of tawdry behaviour from that lot up the road. How embarrassing and classless of us to release that statement tonight, when Gus was due on BBC 3. What a joke club we are turning into!

disgraceful
this really is not the way to do things
the club I am afraid are an embarrassment
who in gods name gave the orders to do that
the poor guy in the studio was even embarressed

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Gotta believe timing was agreed between club and Poyet. Perhaps that even saved us a little money with a pay off. Clearly he would have wanted to look like the victim and that's exactly how it turned out. Definitely definitely not news to him.
It's been stage-managed throughout.

Look at all these chumps buying it and slating the club

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Let's just see how the club responds. I'm confident that Gus is being economical with the truth.

If the club hasn't told him, then that will be extremely disappointing, but I am reserving judgement on this.

Disappointing end, thanks for the memories Gus and goodbye.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
So so sad - this is all about money.

Sack him so you don't have to pay him off or.......

Pay him off and let him resign.

I don't know the amounts involved but I really hope this is all worth it Mr Barber. if the club suffers on the pitch this season because of this, it will cost them an awful lot more.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
seems Barber wanted to make him look silly on live tv.....if true, massively tin pot and childish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here