Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club shop

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Former swimmer Sharron Davies is leading a campaign against 'woke' Nike for using a trans influencer 'who has not had surgery' to advertise and model women's sports wear and swim bras. Ms Davies wants a boycott of Nike products. Any takers?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Late in the season is one thing, having sold out before December, when the season was only a quarter of the way through?
It was the same with kids sizes in the hyper turq kit last year - gone well before December.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Former swimmer Sharron Davies is leading a campaign against 'woke' Nike for using a trans influencer 'who has not had surgery' to advertise and model women's sports wear and swim bras. Ms Davies wants a boycott of Nike products. Any takers?
Is this the same as the Bud Light thing?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Will the team be playing in the new kit for next season at Wembley? Not uncommon near the end of a season to promote whatever shirt is coming down the line.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will the team be palying in the new kit for next season at Wembley? Not uncommon near the end of a season to promote whatever shirt is coming down the line.
It’s a semi final. Maybe if we get to the final?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
No, but regardless of Wembley we must have seen a while ago how fast they were selling to our recent visitors. Aren't we able to order more during the season, albeit with some lead-in time?

Not a criticism from me, just curious and seems a shame. I know we're not Man Utd (thank god), but I can't imagine a visitor to Old Trafford not being able to get a home shirt there...
Isn't that the club's job to have some kind of projections of sales? Let's be honest, we run out of home and away kits every season. After about August 3rd the club shop is just a sea of XXXL and bigger and not a L or M in sight until usually about January

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Did I imagine you used to have to keep a home kit for 2 seasons, that's why away kits changed every 17 minutes and 4th kits became available? I often crash into the club shop before a game and try to ease my guilt of not taking my kids again. I hope to buy them something cool and end up with a program and a bag of blue sweets. However, they both have a lovely collection of t-shirts, hoodies and tops I've picked up on the shop website when there's a sale or special offers. I used to make my own t-shirts and sell them outside the Goldstone and would love hawkers selling decent stuff outside the ground - as they do on the continent (hats, scarves, badges, flags, t-shirts). The club would never allow it and current the hawkers sell absolute crap, mostly half and half scarves for soccer tourists.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I think the poster was referring to the fact that a lot of replica kit is currently out of stock.
Indeed. Very little training gear left now too.

So what would an extra shop in town be selling from April to August?!

If it’s just own-brand stuff, might as well set-up a market stall…

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
It's all just a bit frustrating - we've got a good sized shop (better than many other "bigger" clubs in Europe) and people willing to buy but we just consistently can't get the stock of kit and training kit.

My kids wouldn't be happy but I'd be fine if we moved to another manufacturer.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
~I accept that rents and rents are very high but if shops can run selling phone cases or bubble tea shops etc then there must be profit for a premier league football club - just maybe not in Churchill square.

There is very large unit in Sydney Street that just sells pop and rock photos and art - Shirely that cant turn over as much as a Mitoma superstore.

Its another level when you go to Liverpool and see their shop - its as big as a Primark!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
So we give this mark up, 70% or whatever to Nike. What's in it for us?

Nike can't get us the kits to sell by the start of the season normally. They aren't in the slightest responsive to get us more when we sell more than forecasted.

What is this 70% for? It's not for fabulous designs, they are mostly quite generic.

The only thing I can think is there are no other companies which can get us X number of kits at the start of the season.

And yes, surely we should have a permanent presence in our town centre, plenty of clubs down the divisions do.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Nike can't get us the kits to sell by the start of the season normally. They aren't in the slightest responsive to get us more when we sell more than forecasted.
You're making several assumptions here.

I think the club causes the supply problems by under-ordering. Barber has gone on record to say that Bloom doesn't want reduced-price shirts on hangers at the end of the season.

In reality, the fault probably lies a bit on both sides.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I don’t know the details of whatever deal the Albion have with their suppliers, and whether the priority is money up front or providing fans with replica kits - at the moment it looks like the money. We can sell that many kits these days that perhaps TB can find a supplier that will meet the needs of both club and fans. The past few years have been disastrou.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here