Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club shop

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Went in today to get a special Wembley scarf (nice for the collection). Had a look at the Wembley special T-shirts, but didn’t seem great quality despite the £25 price tag, might be wrong? Bet the club are annoyed that they didn’t have more home shirts to sell? Apparently they are being asked a lot! Lots of Crimson away one, but I’m imagining wearing red in our end is not going to be a popular on Sunday!
Shop had a massive party of Japanese fans in, buying everything - which is a common sight when ever I’ve been in recently and great to see.
Wonder if it’s been the best season for the shop sales?

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Seen loads of Japanese fans in there asking for home shirts (or "Mitoma's uniform" as one guy asked the other day!). Not sure why we couldn't get more in, but with that and now Wembley it is a shame.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Would be quite happy if we binned Nike off for failing to supply home kit this season. Would prefer a more reliable kit manufacturer.
Is that the reason? I wonder if there are many club shops in the same situation?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would be quite happy if we binned Nike off for failing to supply home kit this season. Would prefer a more reliable kit manufacturer.
Do you expect Nike to have an endless supply of Albion kits in all sizes? And of course every other big club in the world? Just because we beat Grimsby a few weeks ago. Get real.

Midget

Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Do you expect Nike to have an endless supply of Albion kits in all sizes? And of course every other big club in the world? Just because we beat Grimsby a few weeks ago. Get real.
No, but regardless of Wembley we must have seen a while ago how fast they were selling to our recent visitors. Aren't we able to order more during the season, albeit with some lead-in time?

Not a criticism from me, just curious and seems a shame. I know we're not Man Utd (thank god), but I can't imagine a visitor to Old Trafford not being able to get a home shirt there...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Nike are basically quality seconds at best . . . Asda with george sucked dry in the car park
C&A was better Shirley

There really should be a club shop in town now, and they should make/sell some half decent stuff

The lads, or 'modern casuals' will always want over priced anoraks with inbuilt goggles from pretend explorers, so will never buy club logo'd stuff. But some of us are old enough to just buy decent clothes.

That statement should ruffle a few bobbles up on farah slacks 😂

Posted from my comfy jumo levis cords. 😬

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Probably not endless….but the club has been pretty much out of stock since Christmas. Mitoma fandom won’t have helped, but it’s such a shame we haven’t been able to capitalise on this.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Probably not endless….but the club has been pretty much out of stock since Christmas. Mitoma fandom won’t have helped, but it’s such a shame we haven’t been able to capitalise on this.
You've answered the point from timbha - thanks!

I was in the club shop for the Arsenal game - there were no home shirts. Somebody is to blame for this and I'm going to blame Nike!

Midget

Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Nike are basically quality seconds at best . . . Asda with george sucked dry in the car park
C&A was better Shirley

There really should be a club shop in town now, and they should make/sell some half decent stuff

The lads, or 'modern casuals' will always want over priced anoraks with inbuilt goggles from pretend explorers, so will never buy club logo'd stuff. But some of us are old enough to just buy decent clothes.

That statement should ruffle a few bobbles up on farah slacks 😂

Posted from my comfy jumo levis cords. 😬
I wish we had a shop in town again, but maybe the rent wouldn't be worth it while most of our fans still actually go to games...

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Having not found a home shirt for my kids on my recent visit, it reinforced my wish that the club would allow the kit to be sold elsewhere (kitbag, geomix here in Austria etc.).

Random custom charges has made ordering from the UK a thing of the past...

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
At a fans evening a few years ago, the reason we have a lack of kit at end of season was as detailed by Mr Barber as down to Mr Bloom not wanting to offer stuff in ‘sales’. So not sure it is down to Nike.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
At a fans evening a few years ago, the reason we have a lack of kit at end of season was as detailed by Mr Barber as down to Mr Bloom not wanting to offer stuff in ‘sales’. So not sure it is down to Nike.
Surely you can get round that by offering a pre order option when you sell out sooner than half way through the season? Have a limited amount of variations available.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I wish we had a shop in town again, but maybe the rent wouldn't be worth it while most of our fans still actually go to games...
If they made anything of any quality and sold it at the going rate, then maybe it would. There are local rag traders who do alright.

given games are always sold out and most locals can't go, for mixed reasons, a shop in town would surely be profitable. Probably not on the BHA PLC scale, but on a keep the worlking class local kids keen . . . Before we start seeing newcastle kits in the park again!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Seen loads of Japanese fans in there asking for home shirts (or "Mitoma's uniform" as one guy asked the other day!). Not sure why we couldn't get more in, but with that and now Wembley it is a shame.
Add the word Mitoma to absolutely anything and our Nippon friends would ensure it disappeared from the shelves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here