Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Recruitment

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Won't need Ashworth and his team if we go down, we will need a marketing guru who knows how to sell £700+ season tickets for Championship football

And then sweet talk Hughton back to get us out of the shite..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Desperate times.

Recall Molumby and Mac Allister.

And bring in a striker within the next 10 days.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It's absolutely disgusting how we are relying on essentially one striker in the Premier League.

Recruitment team have failed diabolically with this, although there are still some days left to redeem themselves and bring someone in.

weve actually got a lot of fellas who are essentially wingers and can cross the ball well and an ageing hitman who's great with his head. Just like against Villa, and tonight again, when it aint working get muzza on and stick a few balls and and around him with Maupay next to him to feed off scraps.
We persist with this narrow, play it through them system, that just isnt working, no width, no aerial presence up front.
I'd take Bournemouth's direct long ball first goal all day, no f***ing about, straight in there and 1-0, and we have players who can do that (if required) we just wont.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I don’t blame Potter at all for the mess we’re in now. He’s obviously made some mistakes as a new, young manager will but he’s been given the 2nd weakest squad in the division after Norwich to work with and expected to make sweeping changes to the way we play at the same time.

I think he’s done well with the distinctly average tools at his disposable, we have played some great football at times despite some poor results. He needs backing big time now - Bloom made a massive statement by giving him this new contract a few weeks ago and he really has to support his man now and in the summer with new recruits.

Honestly this is what I thought would happen. I expected the club to have signings lined up, I thought we’d actually get our business done early for once.

A crazy naive fool I am.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
AJ looked one of our better player this evening.

Webster was ****ing awful, A pissed Duffy is better.

Maybe harsh to single out Ali J as he has at least been trying and has done alright recently, but his signing still goes down as a failure when you consider he has contributed 2 goals and not much else in a season and a half.

Even Maupay and Trossard look like poor signings now, not because they aren't good players, but because they don't have the quality they need around them to perform. Anyone thinking Maupay, a kid playing his first pro season and a 37 year old who the manager clearly doesn't fancy would be enough firepower to keep us up needs their head checked. And if it's a budget issue, maybe we should have used the 20 million+ we spent on a player who is inferior to at least four others on our books in his position.

Dec 29, 2011
I don’t blame Potter at all for the mess we’re in now. He’s obviously made some mistakes as a new, young manager will but he’s been given the 2nd weakest squad in the division after Norwich to work with and expected to make sweeping changes to the way we play at the same time.

I think he’s done well with the distinctly average tools at his disposable, we have played some great football at times despite some poor results. He needs backing big time now - Bloom made a massive statement by giving him this new contract a few weeks ago and he really has to support his man now and in the summer with new recruits.

You reckon Sheffield United or Norwich have a better squad than us?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Just where exactly are all these brilliant forwards everyone is saying we should sign?
I've just looked in my shed and there ain't any in there.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'd be inclined to recall all the loans immediately. Get Ben White back and playing as he'll certainly wouldn't be a downgrade on Webster and if he stays at Leeds will almost certainly transfer over as we swap places at the end of the season. Get the Argie in I don't care if he'll be sad at leaving Boca we need new bodies in midfield as Stephens looks done, Mooy is inconsistent, and Propper no fight and looking like he wants to head to Ajax as soon as he can. Andone should also be thrown straight into the team when he's fit, christ we could do with some d*ckhead in the ranks to spice things up.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Like Wagner at Huddersfield? Slick passing style without anyone who can score and bang average defence?

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton

I'm with you on this mate. I respect the desire of Potter and his team to play a specific way. Clubs like Man Utd are crying out for a defined style of play and we do have that. The issue is the players playing the system are just not good enough. Theres no drive to regain possession when we lose it and Webster doesn't harry attackers like Duffy. We have no presence upfront so Maupay (who I really like) is chasing his ass all game and theres no one bombing forward to help.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Webster has been dogshit all season bar the goals. He can’t pass, has no physical presence and runs like bambi on ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair point well made.

Bambi looked better doing it as well.

Dunk looks very pedestrian alongside as well, I think he needs Duffy to gee him up a bit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just where exactly are all these brilliant forwards everyone is saying we should sign?
I've just looked in my shed and there ain't any in there.
One is at a 2 week winter break training camp in Spain with CSKA Moscow.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we compare this season to the previous TWO then I see the gains and losses as follows:

Gains: Dan Burn an upgrade on Bernardo. Mooy an upgrade on Bissouma, Trossard an upgrade on Knockaert, Maupay an upgrade on Andone. Improvements from Ali J and Gross, Connolly's emergence a bonus. More possession, more shots on goals, we give it a go. Discipline better.

Losses: Loss of Bruno huge - RB a problem area. Webster a downgrade on Duffy - Duffy/Dunk was the heart of the side. Murray - fallen off a cliff, game over. Overall, a loss of leadership, nous and inspiration.

So the gains outweigh the losses, and yet the losses in themselves are bigger. Bringing back Duffy is a must, a striker is a must and a right-back would be nice. We need more character.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You reckon Sheffield United or Norwich have a better squad than us?

No, I said except Norwich. And you’re possibly right about Sheffield United but they have the advantage of being a settled team and manager who have a style of play that they’ve been working on for 2/3 years. We’re trying to completely change the style of play we’ve had for years with a lot of players who are simply not good enough to play this way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here