Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club lose Bennett's Field

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If they are running buses, perhaps there is some available car parking further away on the uni campus?

D

Deleted member 22389

Same here. I just can't see myself standing in a long bus queue after the game staring at an empty car park. It just won't happen.

You don't have to stand in queue, you can pay extra for the special buses. Get straight on the bus at the end of the match and away you go.
Me I will probably cycle again, for me that works. Get some exercise and I'm not relying on any transport, of course it's crappy in the Winter, but I don't have to rush like a mad man at the end.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Same here. I just can't see myself standing in a long bus queue after the game staring at an empty car park. It just won't happen.

It won't be a car park. From the initial planning application:

"1.7 The Restoration Statement indicates that, after use as a temporary car park for a period of three years, the site would be restored to agricultural use to its original quality. The Restoration Statement sets out the methodology which would be used to ensure a satisfactory site restoration."

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=hdym3vB5eLkcTVvnW3kD6Q&bvm=bv.71198958,d.d2k

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I heard rumour a while back that Mr Bennett was asking for a massive increase in annual rent as part of the lease renewal, in the order of around 400% of the value being paid under the existing lease. I imagine he thought the club had no choice but to pay. Seems he was wrong.

Don't play poker against Tony Bloom unless you are prepared to lose.
Would it not have been Barber playing hard ball on this?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Interesting you say that. I paid for uni parking last season (I don't get free 1901 parking as I only have 1 seat in 1901). I've also paid for uni parking for this season - they've taken my money and haven't (yet?) told me that "errr...sorry....", so we'll see.

Last time I checked though, there was no uni parking s/t for sale (that was about 2 weeks ago) or for individual games (I looked a couple of days ago).

So it looks like they halted sales of uni parking at least two weeks ago in anticipation that they might end up here.... just a guess, mind.
They haven't been selling uni parking at all as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to renew the uni parking for at least a month. How is it that you've already paid?

D

Deleted member 22389

If I was a farmer who lived off the A27, with some spare field going I would tarmac the sodding thing now.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Part of the reason I got 1901 was for my elderly dad. He would not be able to walk the distance from the Uni car park, so if he still comes next season he will have to use the bus, whilst the rest of us walk.

Shove your violin up your arse please. My dad has cancer and dementia and finds it hard to walk. We get a disabled pass (£7.50) for Sussex University and park in car park 5 and get a shuttle bus to the ground.

Please, think about other fans who are not as rich as you or in a worse predicament. You sound like a spotlit brat who can't get his own way.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Would it not have been Barber playing hard ball on this?

Probably as the front man, yes. But shirley TB would have been involved in deciding whether the club wanted to affect their "premium" customers (ahem, fans) quite so much?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Part of the reason I got 1901 was for my elderly dad. He would not be able to walk the distance from the Uni car park, so if he still comes next season he will have to use the bus, whilst the rest of us walk.

Could you not get / borrow / buy a refurbished fold away wheelchair to get him from the car park and over? If you're walking anyway.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Interesting you say that. I paid for uni parking last season (I don't get free 1901 parking as I only have 1 seat in 1901). I've also paid for uni parking for this season - they've taken my money and haven't (yet?) told me that "errr...sorry....", so we'll see.

Last time I checked though, there was no uni parking s/t for sale (that was about 2 weeks ago) or for individual games (I looked a couple of days ago).

So it looks like they halted sales of uni parking at least two weeks ago in anticipation that they might end up here.... just a guess, mind.

Well I would be surprised if they could get any more in. Getting out was becoming problematic which was why I gave it up and I can't see how it isn't at capacity.

I also noticed a couple of unanswered posts on Ask the Club which made me suspicious that something was up

I'd check your card/bank statement over the next few days, but good luck with it. Would be poor form to turf you out with 2 weeks to go

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
They haven't been selling uni parking at all as far as I'm concerned. I've been trying to renew the uni parking for at least a month. How is it that you've already paid?

I renewed mine at the same time as season tickets... it appears in the online ticket system as
Season Car Park 2014/2015Titanic, MrParking SpaceParking @ the AmexSussex Uni Car Park

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Shove your violin up your arse please. My dad has cancer and dementia and finds it hard to walk. We get a disabled pass (£7.50) for Sussex University and park in car park 5 and get a shuttle bus to the ground.

Please, think about other fans who are not as rich as you or in a worse predicament. You sound like a spotlit brat who can't get his own way.

Bit harsh perhaps? Statement of fact rather than a moan as I took it…

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Bit harsh.

Similar thoughts have crossed my mind. I renewed my UoS permit a while back, am not a 1901 member but do get a pass to use CP4/5. Moving to the Bridge C/P is a non-starter because there isn't any transport to the stadium for disabled supporters.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Makes my Farm Shop Parking look a bargain!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

I have reread what Giraffe has put several times. Comes across as a sensible chap with no whining spotted at all, merely statements of fact.

So why the need for the bile?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Not harsh at all. Just saying how it is. People who are 1901 think their shit don't smell and think they should be treated better than the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here