Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club lose Bennett's Field

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bet it goes to Barber's favourite type of punter, the genuine corporate hospitality people. Won't be opened up to 1901ers again imo. I imagine they will also have to bow to pressure for disabled drivers.

Hotel parking would be worth a bet too.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's what I've been saying, never seen coach from the University to the ground or back again. Another broken promise or am I just looking in the wrong place?

They probably realised it would take longer than walking, so didn't bother. #commonsenseprevails

It goes from the coach park at the top of the stairs. I've seen it many times.
And it's been running for much longer than Bennett's Field has been out of action.

The pick up point at the University is Car Park 5; it sets down at the stadium end in the coach park, close to the steps and lift down to the concourse.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bet it goes to Barber's favourite type of punter, the genuine corporate hospitality people. Won't be opened up to 1901ers again imo. I imagine they will also have to bow to pressure for disabled drivers.

Hotel parking would be worth a bet too.

We asked to be moved out of Bennett's Field, as it is far easier getting out of the University.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
My Dad lives in the Falmer and last week he attended the Parish Meeting, an agreement is in place but instead of parking spaces they want to increase coach capacity serving the stadium.

We asked to be moved out of Bennett's Field, as it is far easier getting out of the University.
It's always struck me as odd that the folk who pay premium rates for stadium seats and food should have to put up with the most inconvenient parking. Sussex University is hugely more convenient than Bennett's Field. 1900 Club members must have worked that out by now, shirley?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
As a local I do know a bit. Bennetts field went with large house in Falmer..Old Bennett died now owned by family members..Farmland round Amex all owned by Brighton Council as is farmshop. No Farmland in area privately owned.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's always struck me as odd that the folk who pay premium rates for stadium seats and food should have to put up with the most inconvenient parking. Sussex University is hugely more convenient than Bennett's Field. 1900 Club members must have worked that out by now, shirley?

One season was enough for us.......

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But no-one can see you driving out the University car parks, so won't be able to appreciate how important you are :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here