Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club legend world cup

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The discussion is all part of the fun. I know some of these will be questioned and i may well accept those rebuttals, but throwing these into the mixer:

Stuart Storer
Robbie Reinelt
Gary Hart (rationale: longevity of career, never say die attitude, £1000 and a set of kit)
Kerry Mayo (rationale: dismissed again and again, but kept coming back)
Adam Virgo (rationale: local lad, play-offs goal, sold for club-vital cash, came back)
Danny Cullip (rationale: absolute warrior and desire to win)
Charlie Oatway (rationale: cuddly psycho, coaching stint after playing career)
Alan Mullery (are non-players allowed?)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
non playing staff curve ball - Dick Knight. Absolute legend
Steve Gritt

Michel Kuipers
Guy Butters
McShane (for THAT goal)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A legend is someone whose story is told no matter how short that story.

Reinelt
Zamora
Gotsmanov
Vicente
Calderon

in my time watching the albion.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Not sure they will get many votes but Tug Wilson, Bert Stephens, Tommy Cook and Charlie Webb.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does this include cult hereos as well ???
Not that it matters as NSC seems incapable of differentiating.

There are no rules, 8ace - everybody has their own definition for what constitutes a legend.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If people didn't vote on who they had seen then Charlie Webb would win hands down. I didn't know quite how long he was manager. Add in the Charity Shield winning goal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Webb

I love the quote - A Guardian retrospective on the club, written in 1973, described how "Brighton had a skilful team usually playing to the top six" under Webb, "whose transfer acquisitions were as often as not costed on the price of his train ticket and buffet sandwiches"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A legend is someone whose story is told no matter how short that story.

Reinelt
Zamora
Gotsmanov
Vicente
Calderon

in my time watching the albion.

This - excellent rationale.

Anyone who wishes to omit the legend of VICENTE from this discussion surely misses the point altogether?

He's VICENTE ffs, and he played for BRIGHTON.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Anyone who wishes to omit the legend of VICENTE from this discussion surely misses the point altogether?

Thing is, he wanted away after one season. Ulloa, Virgo, Reinelt, Knight all have stories to tell - none of them are true legends though. IMO, anyway.

Vicente was sublime and we talk about those 3 or 4 games where he truly showed us what "world class" means. But then look at Gary Hart, who pulled on the shirt with pride, started his career when he was literally the only player worth making the trip to Gillingham for, and kept his place in the squad as we rose through the lower divisions and simply refused to quit the club, and even took his impassioned pleas to this very board. It all makes Vicente's all-too-brief sabatical look rather hollow.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

I had NEVER heard of him before he signed here, and shortly after he did I was in Spain for a week, and no Spanish I spoke to had either.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Charlie Livesey
Kit Napier
Steve Foster
Gordon Smith must score
FDM
Danny Cullip

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Exactly this. Same goes for Stockdale, who has also been an excellent servant for this club for two years, but surely isn't legend status.

I disagree, his response to the Shoreham Airshow crash was exemplary, as was the club's - he just stood out at that moment in time, and in my eyes became a legend for a non-playing reason!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I disagree, his response to the Shoreham Airshow crash was exemplary, as was the club's - he just stood out at that moment in time, and in my eyes became a legend for a non-playing reason!

True, I had forgotten that. Keep him in.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If it's about creating a discussion point then Perry Digweed must be in there - some say it's all bo11ocks but who knows.

Guy Butters aka "The Tank" was a legend as well as a wall - gets a yes from me.

What about Virgs and FDM ? And OGH and the tracksuits .....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here