Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Kit Sponsorship dinner - did you contribute? Do you want to go?

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
went last year and it was a good laugh. always good to meet fellow nsc-ers in person. dont over-dress, you will stand out a mile. grub was ok.. steak and a choccy thing for pudding. the quiz was the best bit. enjoy!! the guys on the door will tell you which table the clan are at....

Are our (NSC Representatives) going to have our forum names on the door ?

:shrug:

I assume so...if they ask I'll just load up tapatalk on my phone as proof!

went last year and it was a good laugh. always good to meet fellow nsc-ers in person. dont over-dress, you will stand out a mile. grub was ok.. steak and a choccy thing for pudding. the quiz was the best bit. enjoy!! the guys on the door will tell you which table the clan are at....

Cheers nice one. That was exactly what I didn't want to do and look a fool!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
On my way now, see you all there!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Great night had by all this evening. The NSC table won the quiz so we won a bottle of champagne. I got Poyet to sign it and we all decided to auction it for REMF. :)

Stinky Pete

Aug 31, 2009
London
I thought we agreed we'd swap it for blue nun and drink the good stuff ourselves? This is a DM, right????

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Had a great night, thanks Bozza for making it happen!

Was great to meet some fellow NSC'ers and also some players too!

Was a fantastic evening. Thought I'd give some sort of detailed description for those who weren't there

First off have to say the players to a man were all brilliant, willing to sign anything, have their picture taken with and chat about whatever to anyone. As always a credit to Brighton and Hove Albion!

Small reception at first for everyone to meet and greet. Great to meet all the other NSC-ers and had a cracking evening just chatting about all things Albion. Players were all in a group together until everyone was seated, at which point they each went to their own table, with at least two players to a table. Richard Reynolds was MC for the night, and got Martin Perry to come up and he said a few words thanking everyone on behalf of Tony and the board for their sponsorship this year.

Before the food there were group photos of each sponsor with their player/s so we had a group photo with both Kaz and Brids. Pair of them were utter gents and great to chat to. Was nearer to Liam and talked about a number of things including his time up in Scotland earlier in the month, paticularly how bad the weather was and that the game should never have gone ahead. He also said that he doesn't read this site, as he thinks he's better not doing so (and tbf he's probably right considering some of the post-match reaction that occurs!).

Had the Barca - PSG game on the tv's as the spanish contingent are mostly Barca fans, and when PSG took the lead Vicente took a bit of ribbing from some of the other players for Barca conceeding, and you could definitely tell from the look on his face he was worried at that time!

The Quiz was great fun. 10 questions where we had to guess which player was being described from bits that were written about them (height/weight/hobbies/food they liek/music etc) from previous programmes this season. The idea was to see how much each player knew about their teammates, and how good a pokerface the player being described could be when he knew it was him being described. Some of them were ones any of us could get (CMS fond of walking his dogs/ Orlandi spending time in Italy etc) and a roar went round the room when the following description was given "This player is 5'11, and can be found eating at Nandos" because of who it obviously was! Interesting one for me was Upson's description, which was something along the lines of "And he'd like to meet Arnold Schwarzeneger, because just like him he'll say 'I'll be back' "...read into that what you will.

Naturally Gus' table got 10/10, but they were excluded from wining the prize. The 3 teams on 9/10's (including us) tiebreaker question was to guess how much the last 3 home attendances (Palace/ Leic, Charlton) added up to. Naturally two teams managed to get it (85,035) spot on - no thansk to the WiFi of course :wink: - and a second decider question to guess how big the Amex pitch was in square feet was needed to decide the winner. We were about 2,000 off however it was nearer than the other team's guess therefore NSC were the winers of the bottle of bubbly (sorry Blue Nun :wink:). We got Gus to sign it, and believe that will be passed on to @Bozza for auctioning off!

After that everyone went round chatting to different players, getting more autographs/photos etc - myself included. Also had a quick chat with John Lees of BBC Sussex, and was interesting to hear his account of his on-air encounter with the Top Gear chaps when they presented that drive-time show on the station a few years back.

After a while players all started to disperse and things were pretty much wrapped up by 10pm. Overall a brilliant evening and a great experience. If you're one of the lucky eight next year then I certainly suggest you get along to this. A fantastic evening, and thank you to all the staff at the club for putting on a wonderful event!

If there's anything I've left off or forgotten then others feel free to add on more! Just once again thanks to Bozza for the opportunity to go along to this!

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Was a fantastic evening. Thought I'd give some sort of detailed description for those who weren't there

First off have to say the players to a man were all brilliant, willing to sign anything, have their picture taken with and chat about whatever to anyone. As always a credit to Brighton and Hove Albion!

Small reception at first for everyone to meet and greet. Great to meet all the other NSC-ers and had a cracking evening just chatting about all things Albion. Players were all in a group together until everyone was seated, at which point they each went to their own table, with at least two players to a table. Richard Reynolds was MC for the night, and got Martin Perry to come up and he said a few words thanking everyone on behalf of Tony and the board for their sponsorship this year.

Before the food there were group photos of each sponsor with their player/s so we had a group photo with both Kaz and Brids. Pair of them were utter gents and great to chat to. Was nearer to Liam and talked about a number of things including his time up in Scotland earlier in the month, paticularly how bad the weather was and that the game should never have gone ahead. He also said that he doesn't read this site, as he thinks he's better not doing so (and tbf he's probably right considering some of the post-match reaction that occurs!).

Had the Barca - PSG game on the tv's as the spanish contingent are mostly Barca fans, and when PSG took the lead Vicente took a bit of ribbing from some of the other players for Barca conceeding, and you could definitely tell from the look on his face he was worried at that time!

The Quiz was great fun. 10 questions where we had to guess which player was being described from bits that were written about them (height/weight/hobbies/food they liek/music etc) from previous programmes this season. The idea was to see how much each player knew about their teammates, and how good a pokerface the player being described could be when he knew it was him being described. Some of them were ones any of us could get (CMS fond of walking his dogs/ Orlandi spending time in Italy etc) and a roar went round the room when the following description was given "This player is 5'11, and can be found eating at Nandos" because of who it obviously was! Interesting one for me was Upson's description, which was something along the lines of "And he'd like to meet Arnold Schwarzeneger, because just like him he'll say 'I'll be back' "...read into that what you will.

Naturally Gus' table got 10/10, but they were excluded from wining the prize. The 3 teams on 9/10's (including us) tiebreaker question was to guess how much the last 3 home attendances (Palace/ Leic, Charlton) added up to. Naturally two teams managed to get it (85,035) spot on - no thansk to the WiFi of course :wink: - and a second decider question to guess how big the Amex pitch was in square feet was needed to decide the winner. We were about 2,000 off however it was nearer than the other team's guess therefore NSC were the winers of the bottle of bubbly (sorry Blue Nun :wink:). We got Gus to sign it, and believe that will be passed on to @Bozza for auctioning off!

After that everyone went round chatting to different players, getting more autographs/photos etc - myself included. Also had a quick chat with John Lees of BBC Sussex, and was interesting to hear his account of his on-air encounter with the Top Gear chaps when they presented that drive-time show on the station a few years back.

After a while players all started to disperse and things were pretty much wrapped up by 10pm. Overall a brilliant evening and a great experience. If you're one of the lucky eight next year then I certainly suggest you get along to this. A fantastic evening, and thank you to all the staff at the club for putting on a wonderful event!

If there's anything I've left off or forgotten then others feel free to add on more! Just once again thanks to Bozza for the opportunity to go along to this!

Excellent summary, and it was a very plesant evening. We were at Bruno and Daves table. Here is my precis more or less as posted on the Albion Roar FB earlier:

Vicente has learned plenty of English, sat next to my friends boy Brett, and chatted with him quite a bit, even spoke to Bretts mate on the phone, in Spanish!

Bruno is well up for getting us over the line, and will be fit for Tuesday. Buckley and Lua Lua will be fit for Blackpool.

Dave loves it here.

Gus was asked when he was on the microphone about who was staying, he said something like 'is complicated, no idea right now' then was asked if he would be around next season, to which he answered 'yes, definitely'.

Ulloa knows 3 words of English.

Upson wants to stay.

A player we spoke to, who I shall not name, said that he really didn't expect Bridge to be here next season.

Liam said the whole squad are desperate to make the play offs, and he LOVES being at Brighton.

Lua Lua has a beautiful bizarre French accent, completely defies his Twitterish language.

Orlandi is the new laydees sweetheart. Calde has a thing for the Dali Lama and sushi. Will Hoskins wears scary clothes, my wife was scared to pose for a photo with him.

Ashley Barnes was backed up by a number of players when he said there is no way he deliberately tripped the ref at Bolton, but that he knew he would never be able to appeal it as the ref was 'that sort of ref'.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Great time - thanks Bozza for making it happen. I was a bit apprehensive going in, but meeting up at the NSC table put my mind at rest, good to meet you all. Got plenty of autographs and some photos with the chosen few but if I go again I'll have to learn a few words in Spanish!

black & white seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Brighton
Naturally Gus' table got 10/10, but they were excluded from wining the prize.

As one of the people on that table, I feel compelled to point out that Gus and Tanno knew the answers to precisely two of the questions!

We got a bottle of champagne anyway, as my headache can testify...

As one of the people on that table, I feel compelled to point out that Gus and Tanno knew the answers to precisely two of the questions!

We got a bottle of champagne anyway, as my headache can testify...

Wow. Very surprised about that but fair play for getting the 10/10! As said think many of them were ones you could work out more or less, and only needed input from Kaz & Brids on a few of them where they tried to break through other players pokerfaces! Glad you had a good time!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Excellent summary, and it was a very plesant evening. We were at Bruno and Daves table. Here is my precis more or less as posted on the Albion Roar FB earlier:

Vicente has learned plenty of English, sat next to my friends boy Brett, and chatted with him quite a bit, even spoke to Bretts mate on the phone, in Spanish!

Bruno is well up for getting us over the line, and will be fit for Tuesday. Buckley and Lua Lua will be fit for Blackpool.

Dave loves it here.

Gus was asked when he was on the microphone about who was staying, he said something like 'is complicated, no idea right now' then was asked if he would be around next season, to which he answered 'yes, definitely'.

Ulloa knows 3 words of English.

Upson wants to stay.

A player we spoke to, who I shall not name, said that he really didn't expect Bridge to be here next season.

Liam said the whole squad are desperate to make the play offs, and he LOVES being at Brighton.

Lua Lua has a beautiful bizarre French accent, completely defies his Twitterish language.

Orlandi is the new laydees sweetheart. Calde has a thing for the Dali Lama and sushi. Will Hoskins wears scary clothes, my wife was scared to pose for a photo with him.

Ashley Barnes was backed up by a number of players when he said there is no way he deliberately tripped the ref at Bolton, but that he knew he would never be able to appeal it as the ref was 'that sort of ref'.

Was it Wayne Bridge? ???

Sounds like a cracking evening, glad everyone had a good time :thumbsup:

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Will add my 2 penneth, great night, Kaz and Liam very hospitable, Kaz picked up a hammy straight after scoring against Leicester, lucky he scored first! Had a chat wil Buckley, he's also out with a Hammy, but expects to be back for Blackpool, Kooshack was very polite, happy to be at the Albion, stated he has played a lot of games this season but he is ready for at least six more possibly nine, said that with a smile on his face.

Funny to see all their respective cars with personalised plates as well.

Vicente's face was like thunder when PSG scored, took some ribbing off the rest of the team.

Great night, not oftenyou get to mix with players/staff in an informalmanner as well

Shocker of the night.....Orlandi wearing double denim! Jacket and Jeans!! just no!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here