Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Confirms Poyet Dismissal

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Any of you in the know care to PM me with what you believe actually happened?? :smile:

Really intrigued with the comments that this all started rolling months ago. I remember thinking Poyet's comments about "this would be a good time to leave" after the St Patrick's day massacre were extremely bizarre.
Would you pm me when someone pms you........I reckon its something to do with sporks myself #intheknow.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Gus Poyet today accused Brighton and Hove Albion of a lack of “respect”...erm pot/kettle Mr Poyet. How much respect were you showing Mr Bloom when you tried to court Chelsea, Spurs, Leeds and anyone else who took your fancy? How would you have liked if we had played Leeds and Tony Bloom had said "Brian McDermott is a fantastic manager and I'd love him to be the manager here one day"?

So long, it's sad that it ended this way but I get the feeling this was entirely of your making.

Spot on post. The lack of respect Gus showed the club, the fans and Bloom in particular was staggering.

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Any of you in the know care to PM me with what you believe actually happened?? :smile:

Really intrigued with the comments that this all started rolling months ago. I remember thinking Poyet's comments about "this would be a good time to leave" after the St Patrick's day massacre were extremely bizarre.

I don't beleive anybody actually knows for sure, there is alot of I know something you don't on here but can't possibly comment but nobody is prepared to stick there neck out and actually say anything.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
And then you can PM me.... ;)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Gus wasn't "outsmarted". Zaha turned up in the second half and justified himself. That is football. Palace had Speroni to thank for being in the tie, but Zaha got it done.

Gus Poyet did the best job of any Brighton manager since Alan Mullery, first time. Statistical fact, and that is how I will remember him. With fondness, affection and respect. He deserves all three.

... and now the next chapter. Oscar Garcia, the floor is yours.

Good post. Sums it up really.

Can't believe people persist with the 'top 2 squad' bollocks (A squad he put together anyway). It's football. FOOTBALL. Nothing is ever so black and white in football.

Same with the 'outsmarted by Wurzel' line. No he wasn't. Holloway played it tight. Hardly amazing after they'd been on such a poor run. Speroni kept them in it, then Zaha did what everyone knows he is capable of. Few of our players really didn't perform that night. We lost. Such is football. Wasn't some kind of genius tactical game from Holloway.

Same with the play off final. The worst I have ever witnessed. He'll need to up his game in August.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
An amazing amount of hatred posted on here against one of our best managers of all time - flabbergasting.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
An amazing amount of hatred posted on here against one of our best managers of all time - flabbergasting.

Its simply a reaction to an amazing turn of events that for the most part flabbergasted us all. We had been on the up, his dismissal just made a lot of us question what had previously been beyond reproach..... this is allowed you know. He would not have been moved out for minor infractions would he?

Also, he came '2nd' in the battles vs them up the road, that's hard to take by those of us who grew up with this rivalry in the 70's.....believe it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Its simply a reaction to an amazing turn of events that for the most part flabbergasted us all. We had been on the up, his dismissal just made a lot of us question what had previously been beyond reproach..... this is allowed you know. He would not have been moved out for minor infractions would he?

Also, he came '2nd' in the battles vs them up the road, that's hard to take by those of us who grew up with this rivalry in the 70's.....believe it.

I doubt its just simply a reaction theres been a consistent anti poyet theme from some before the 'mess' blew up and of course people are allowed to question it all...just as much as people are allowed to offer other possible scenarios...but then you get called a poyet lover for merely suggesting an alternative view

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Especially when the vast vast majority of people on here don't know the reasons for his dismissal.

Anyone who denies he was a brilliant manager for us either never watched any Albion in the years before 2009 or had a prejudice. No one who understands football can possibly disagree that he did an excellent job. The stats speak for themselves.

Just gutted it ended like this, for whatever reason.

Wish him all the best and I'm adamant that he will go on to be an excellent manager at the correct club.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Greer was taken from League 1 Swindon and brought on to Championship standard by Poyet, as was Calderon & Bridcutt. Bridge came here because he has the same agent as Poyet. Yes, he's ambitious but that ambition got us where we are now. He was good for the team.
Not the point. I was merely pointing out that the core of the team was not league one players as Acker was trying to pass off.

I also strongly disagree Poyets ambition got us where we are. Tony Blooms ambition, yes. Poyet was along for the ride, and I believe a high percentage of manager would have achived the same end result as Poyet given the resources Poyet had.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I have no problem people questioning the situation or those involved in it ( although those of us that have questioned the clubs part have been accused of almost being traitors ). I'm just astounded at the amount of hatred - especially given nobody really knows the facts.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Spot on post. The lack of respect Gus showed the club, the fans and Bloom in particular was staggering.

100% This. I have supported this club for 55 years and I have never known a manager of this club be given so much support in the free running and finance of the team that Poyet received.
He should undoubtedly be up there among the best achievers along with Mullery with what he had been given to manage with, as did Mullery from Bamber.
If people want to talk about managers up there with the greats then in my lifetime the top man has to be Steve Gritt. He achieved what he did, with the worst support from the board that any manager ever received. Without Gritt, Poyet would have never managed this club. Did we ever hear Gritt moan about budgets in the Poyet way, did we hell as like. My signature sums Poyet up and as far as I am concerned he can p*ss off. He was probably the best supported manager and highest paid one this club has ever had and he repaid Bloom by constantly putting himself forward for other jobs and failing to keep his big gob shut when required. Rant over.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Percentages would suggest i'm in that majority of people who don't know what's gone on.

I do agree there, but the Poyet quotes and interviews have far out numbered the clubs and what I have read and heard from Poyet, my opinion has been formed from this.
He is the one who needs to show respect to the fans, players and employers in my view.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
wtf? How is that smug? It's a fact.

Yes it is. But felt like Mejona's post had a touch of "I know what's going on" about it. Apologies if that's not the case. I'm just getting p1ssed off with hearing tittle tattle and all blame being laid at Barber's door generally.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here