Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Confirms Poyet Dismissal

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That's a union clutching at straws.
... and being a little emotive,..... unprofessional really, they couldn't get him a deal through the official channels, now they are digging at the club through the back door.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Er, we play a fifth string GK, who single handedly turns three points into one at the sharp end of the season and you are trying to make it sound like a masterstroke? I think not...:nono:

Where did I say it was a masterstroke? Methinks you're getting desperate to prove your point.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Nothing to see here.

Realistically, this means very little.

The Albion spent ages making sure they had followed the club's official process correctly. They obviously felt they had when they sacked him. Having that belief green ticked by three board members does not settle anything. It just means the Albion believe they followed the correct process and could defend their decision to a neutral panel.

I would imagine an employment tribunal beckons. This was always destined for the courts.

Pull up a chair and get ready for some dirty washing to be aired in public. Unless Poyet does not want to risk his washing ending up looking a lot dirtier than the club's.

The only REAL end to all this will be when Poyet and his legal team confirm whether or not they will be taking it to a tribunal.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some people seem desperately keen to be looking for reasons to dislike the man. There's a lot of nonsense being written here - it's not as if these anecdotes warranted a 10 page binfest on here at the time is it?

I might be in the minority but I really am not sure I want to know what caused this rift, as either I'm going to end up being embarrassed by the conduct of the club I support, or I'm going to end up disliking one of the finest managers we've ever had here. I'd rather just wish the bloke well, thanks for some fantastic memories Gus. And now lets watch Oscar ruddy well win us the title.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
"Despite the extremely disappointing end to Mr Poyet's career" seems like fairly extreme wording, makes me wonder what he did even more. I guess we'll never know.

Glad it's over, glad we can forget it and move on now.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some people seem desperately keen to be looking for reasons to dislike the man. There's a lot of nonsense being written here - it's not as if these anecdotes warranted a 10 page binfest on here at the time is it?

I might be in the minority but I really am not sure I want to know what caused this rift, as either I'm going to end up being embarrassed by the conduct of the club I support, or I'm going to end up disliking one of the finest managers we've ever had here. I'd rather just wish the bloke well, thanks for some fantastic memories Gus. And now lets watch Oscar ruddy well win us the title.

Great post.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

While it is difficult not to want to know, I think you are probably spot on.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

I'm with you on this. Still find the whole situation very sad though.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The statement got it exactly right:

Despite the extremely disappointing end to Mr Poyet's career with Brighton & Hove Albion, the club would like to acknowledge Mr Poyet's service to the club, which included leading the club to the Football League League One championship in 2011 and to its highest league finish for more than 30 years in 2013.

It is an extremely disappointing end, both in it's own right and as a result of how fantastic the previous three years were. But a phenomenal 3 years that none of us will forget, a large proportion of which was spent playing simply STUNNING football.

It's a sad, but very fond farewell from me.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Of course you can go to a tribunal about the grounds of your dismissal.

Amazes me how many seem to think this is all over. It is just the clubs internal procedures that have been completed and, if he is to go to a tribunal, he had to complete this before going on to then external process.

As for the LMA statement, they can roll that up and stick it where the sun don't shine. This isn't about his record on the pitch but more to do with what has happened off it. Oh, and why are they seemingly giving credit to Poyet for the Amex, including it seems, raising the £93m for the project. The club were going to move to the Amex irrespective of who was the manager.

I pretty much agree with all you've said, although I think your condemnation of the LMA statement fails to mention their surprise at the Gross Misconduct charge regarding GP's deeds. If none of us actually know what he did to get the ol' Tin Tac, we're not in any position to criticise the opinion of the LMA regarding the club's decision. That said, I - like you - can see this matter going on for some time yet. Perhaps we'll get to examine the facts (as presented) for ourselves after all? Goodness knows how much of a negative effect such proceedings will have on the forthcoming campaign. It sure-as-Hell ain't gonna help...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I pretty much agree with all you've said, although I think your condemnation of the LMA statement fails to mention their surprise at the Gross Misconduct charge regarding GP's deeds. If none of us actually know what he did to get the ol' Tin Tac, we're not in any position to criticise the opinion of the LMA regarding the club's decision. That said, I - like you - can see this matter going on for some time yet. Perhaps we'll get to examine the facts (as presented) for ourselves after all? Goodness knows how much of a negative effect such proceedings will have on the forthcoming campaign. It sure-as-Hell ain't gonna help...

I think Marshy has posted the right description from what I have heard, but nothing has been verified.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

superb post. And please lets not jump on oscar if we don't start so well. He must have the toughest job in the championship next season. I'd be very happy with 6th.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know what happened and am dying to openly discuss it on here. Alas I cannot elaborate on the gross misconduct. Maddening isn't it. Never mind...... Us in the know will just have to live with it.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
If ego Poyet does take it to a Tribunal - does this mean Oscar still has to keep quiet?

How long has Gus got to make a decision?

This could balls up our season, but i am confident Bloom and Barber know what they are doing (they should - being in the positions they are in - and up against a knee jerk talky talky latin american).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here