Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club Brugge reportedly interested in Steven Alzate

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I hope for his sake the Everton thing is not true and Fiorentina works out!
Yeah.

This:

IMG_3272.jpeg

Or this:

IMG_3271.jpeg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Loaning is nuts imho. What's the point?
He went to Liege, had a decent season and is still regarded as surplus to requirements. What now? Joins another team, is decent. What exactly are we expecting? Let the kid go, find a new club that really wants him and kickstart his career

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can't really understand the loan idea when he's in the last year of his contract?
Probably rather let him leave for free next summer, than having to pay a percentage to Leyton Orient due to the high sell on clause they have

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He went to Liege, had a decent season and is still regarded as surplus to requirements. What now? Joins another team, is decent. What exactly are we expecting? Let the kid go, find a new club that really wants him and kickstart his career
Yeh, he's been on the fringes, but then sent out on loan for what - the past three or four seasons? If he's not going to break through here, let him go (for as big a fee as possible, of course!) - not another rather pointless loan for the lad.

Dec 29, 2011
Possibly if he had a great season at Everton he could be worth £15m. That's assuming we have an extra year clause. Right now he's probably not worth north of £8m.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Possibly if he had a great season at Everton he could be worth £15m. That's assuming we have an extra year clause. Right now he's probably not worth north of £8m.
So what though? Probably Ali J was worth more than a million (or whatever insane amount we sold him for). Molumby was unquestionably worth more than we sold him for, same with Gyokeres.
It's not a meat market. The kid got utterly f***ed over last season with the WBA move falling through.
I honestly think (if we don't fancy him ) we should just release him and let him find a decent move. We don't need 7 million pounds that much- we spent more than that on Sima (who Alzate would be better than if we put him up front).

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I simply don’t understand letting him go at all. Look at the run of fixtures we have in September/October. It’s three games a week for 4/5 weeks in a row.

I know he wants to play but tough, we need you, he’s definitely got the quality to cover in some of those matches.

The squad is so thin.

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
I simply don’t understand letting him go at all. Look at the run of fixtures we have in September/October. It’s three games a week for 4/5 weeks in a row.

I know he wants to play but tough, we need you, he’s definitely got the quality to cover in some of those matches.

The squad is so thin.
Exactly true, all this talk about getting more players in, and we get one who is 19 and probably not ready for 1st team when we so need some extra quality or at least keep alzate in case the extra injuries because of europa league fixtures.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Maybe we are looking at a loan option in for a player that we think may give better back up to Baleba? Eg Lokonga.
Would only make sense if we thought he was a better option than Alzate or Alzate has specifically stated he wants to play a certain number of games.
Or we think that Milner can give back up in the defensive midfield position.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Being allowed to leave permanently this window.

Not surprised, good player but was never that convinced by him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here