To the tune of Viva Orlandi

Sussex by the Seaaa
Sussex by the Seaaa
You can tell them all, that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Seaaa

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The Sussex by the sea anthem is perfect being the county theme and we are the only football league club to have one. We just need the club to respond by putting the words up on the screens. I don't understand why they don't.

wrong perspective.

Its a beautiful anthem,currently the one played to the supporters is the version without the lyrics.

Its not hard to to work out if a version was played with lyrics everyone would catch on in two seconds.......the one direction crowd would also be forced to clap in time and not al lamborghini

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
And re your point on 'which cup should it be?' Norman Wisdom's Albion-specific words are: 'Going up AND WE'LL win the Cup'. 'Going up to win the cup' doesn't make sense as as you have realised.

It matters not. But I love the exasperation that people are not sticking precisely to the words of Norman Wisdom.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Now's your chance Albion. Put aside the out of time clapping and na-na-na-na-na-na, simply put the lyrics on the screen to make the stadium sound 'as one'. Can't see too many being worried about gay hearts nor merry bugles.
Bin the clackers and sing the song.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Now's your chance Albion. Put aside the out of time clapping and na-na-na-na-na-na, simply put the lyrics on the screen to make the stadium sound 'as one'. Can't see too many being worried about gay hearts nor merry bugles.
Bin the clackers and sing the song.

Agreed

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg

The complete Norman Wisdom words are not very good.....

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Sorry, they are also very big, duplicated, and upside down. I'm a novice at attachments........

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Forgot to edit it, however it shows the right way around when opened, I've turmed it upside down to allow for this. Hope it works.

NormanWisdonSBTS.jpg

Attachments

• NormanWisdonSBTS.jpg
    NormanWisdonSBTS.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

The point about Sussex By The Sea is that it ISN'T a football club's chant. It's sung across Sussex by a whole range of people, united in their affection and loyalty to the community where they live. It's sung at cricket, it's sung at bonfire celebrations, it's sung at funerals. It links our football club to the wider community in a way that a mere "Albion" song could never do.

The only genuinely comparable anthem that I can think of is The Blaydon Races, although Cardiff City have tried to elevate Men of Harlech to a similar status. But that comes across as not much more than a rather arrogant and unsuccessful effort to impose Cardiff City on the rest of Wales.

We've got it right. Newcastle United have got it right. Let's not change this.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The point about Sussex By The Sea is that it ISN'T a football club's chant. It's sung across Sussex by a whole range of people, united in their affection and loyalty to the community where they live. It's sung at cricket, it's sung at bonfire celebrations, it's sung at funerals. It links our football club to the wider community in a way that a mere "Albion" song could never do.

The only genuinely comparable anthem that I can think of is The Blaydon Races, although Cardiff City have tried to elevate Men of Harlech to a similar status. But that comes across as not much more than a rather arrogant and unsuccessful effort to impose Cardiff City on the rest of Wales.

But it's not SUNG by hardly anybody at a home match.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Maybe Thursday's game is the perfect opportunity to get a marching band (the Sea Scouts down Victoria Road in Worthing used to practice it every week) and a decent opera singer to belt it out with the lyrics on the screen before kick off?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
The north stand don't even sing together. They sing against each other. Little pockets competing against one another! Nothing has been sustained or inspirational.
I think sussex by the sea shouldn't be replaced but it definitely isn't an anthem to inspire!

Well if it was good enough to inspire our soldiers, then it is good enough for me. The trouble being that some people cannot be bothered to learn the words.
On this subject, there are very few if any original tunes around today from which a verse can be made up. Plus as mentioned above if it contains more than two sentences the majority are completely lost.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Couldn't agree more. Changing it is a ridiculous notion.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Maybe Thursday's game is the perfect opportunity to get a marching band (the Sea Scouts down Victoria Road in Worthing used to practice it every week) and a decent opera singer to belt it out with the lyrics on the screen before kick off?

Yep it needs to be a marching band for its full potentail, as opposed to a backing track.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Agree, BUT I'd like one verse, plus chorus, that everyone could learn, to include the Stand or Fall line, which at the moment, despite being the most important line, is not sung.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here