Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club Anthem

bha_hatter

May 15, 2012
And for the record.... I am a more fervent supporter of the club than probably all of you that have responded... I was there at the goldstone, gillingham and the Amex. I travel from Sussex to anywhere week in week out. I support, sponsor and give my time to the club......
I would love to hear one song sung unite fly by true supporters....

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
And for the record.... I am a more fervent supporter of the club than probably all of you that have responded... I was there at the goldstone, gillingham and the Amex. I travel from Sussex to anywhere week in week out. I support, sponsor and give my time to the club......
I would love to hear one song sung unite fly by true supporters....

did you miss the decade at the withdean then???

and I agree... truly, madly, deeply should be our anthem

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would love to hear one song sung unite fly by true supporters..

:fishing:

Btw didn't you bother with Withdean?

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
The Sussex by the sea anthem is perfect being the county theme and we are the only football league club to have one. We just need the club to respond by putting the words up on the screens. I don't understand why they don't.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
This, the people that do know it do that, and

This. People clap in time with it, but don't actually sing. Didn't realise this until I sat in the East for a game, when all you hear is clapping.

Drives me mad the rhythmic clapping. I'm sure this is a relatively new thing, JUST BLOODY SING the team on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I love GOSBTS, but the words need modernising. If you really expect newer generations to sing about their gay hearts and merry bugles, you're living in a fantasy land!

We are it's called Sussex.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Love GOSBTS and think we are really lucky to have a great song about us inhabitants of the county. Admit I do like nostalgia and would hate a past its sell by date pop song as our anthem.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As she wheeled her barrow thru the streets broad and narrow or as I go a wondering along the Shoreham road. Tip toe thru the north stand etc etc no I think it should be GOSBTS but I think we should sing it much more slower and add we going up to win the league or cup depending on which competition? We are playing in.

bha_hatter

May 15, 2012
First Verse
Now is the time for marching,
Now let your hearts be gay,
Hark to the merry bugles
Sounding along our way.
So let your voices ring, my boys,
And take the time from me,
And I’ll sing you a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea!

Chorus
For we're the men from Sussex, Sussex by the Sea.
We plough and sow and reap and mow,
And useful men are we;
And when you go to Sussex, whoever you may be,
You may tell them all that we stand or fall
For Sussex by the Sea!

Refrain
Oh Sussex, Sussex by the Sea!
Good old Sussex by the Sea!
You may tell them all we stand or fall,
For Sussex by the Sea.

Second Verse
Up in the morning early,
Start at the break of day;
March till the evening shadows
Tell us it's time to stay.
We're always moving on, my boys,
So take the time from me,
And sing this song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

Chorus and Refrain

Third Verse
Sometimes your feet are weary,
Sometimes the way is long,
Sometimes the day is dreary,
Sometimes the world goes wrong;
But if you let your voices ring,
Your care will fly away,
So we'll sing a song as we march along,
Of Sussex by the Sea.

Chorus and Refrain

Fourth Verse
Light is the love of a soldier,
That's what the ladies say -
Lightly he goes a wooing,
Lightly he rides away.
In love and war we always are
As fair as fair can be,
And a soldier boy is the ladies’ joy
In Sussex by the Sea.

Chorus and Refrain

Fifth Verse
Far o'er the seas we wander,
Wide thro’ the world we roam;
Far from the kind hearts yonder,
Far from our dear old home;
But ne'er shall we forget, my boys,
And true we'll ever be
To the girls so kind that we left behind
In Sussex by the Sea.

Chorus and Refrain

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's the best there is. We should count ourselves lucky.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
This, the people that do know it do that, and

This. People clap in time with it, but don't actually sing. Didn't realise this until I sat in the East for a game, when all you hear is clapping.

In time? :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This season has really highlighted the lack of a club anthem. Yes it is great for the players to walk out to Sussex By The Sea. But we really need an anthem for the terraces during the match.
Any Sensible Suggestions?

There is nothing wrong with Sussex by the Sea, as the majority have said. Completely disagree.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As she wheeled her barrow thru the streets broad and narrow or as I go a wondering along the Shoreham road. Tip toe thru the north stand etc etc no I think it should be GOSBTS but I think we should sing it much more slower and add we going up to win the league or cup depending on which competition? We are playing in.
I remember singing Molly Malone in the old North Stand! And Daisy, Bless (****) 'em all, Show me the way to go home, and many others. Our modern support is truly shocking in respect of songs. My daughter now lives in Manchester and goes to Old Trafford. She has remarked on how much better and more inventive the Man U fans are when compared to Brighton fans - and they're supposed to be all plastic day-trippers from Surrey.

And re your point on 'which cup should it be?' Norman Wisdom's Albion-specific words are: 'Going up AND WE'LL win the Cup'. 'Going up to win the cup' doesn't make sense as as you have realised. I just wish all the morons who sing 'to win the cup' could also stop and think about it. Thinking about it though I guess that's the reason we don't sing more songs: most people struggle to master the few lines of the one we DO have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here