[Football] Close season manager merry go round.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The Echo and Sky?

(I know the national tabloids are basically football rumour liars).

I am sure the Echo did...

The problem with Rafa is that it will upset the fanbase. My mate who is an Everton season ticket holder is not happy with Rafa at all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I am sure the Echo did...

The problem with Rafa is that it will upset the fanbase. My mate who is an Everton season ticket holder is not happy with Rafa at all.

Jim White apparently says it's his exclusive.

Which means very little :lolol:

I follow their main forum closely and on trips to the city speak to many EFC supporters. They're a hard lot to satisfy, Ancelotti was the only manager they didn't eventually hate with a passion post-Moyes. Rafa (or Potter for example) would have to hit the ground running with zero faux pas's ... to dampen any hate.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Jim White apparently says it's his exclusive.

Which means very little
:lolol:

I follow their main forum closely and on trips to the city speak to many EFC supporters. They're a hard lot to satisfy, Ancelotti was the only manager they didn't eventually hate with a passion post-Moyes. Rafa (or Potter for example) would have to hit the ground running with zero faux pas's ... to dampen any hate.

He claims to be 'VERY" good friends with Moshiri.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
All that talk about how much the Toon fans loved him during his Newcastle tenure, in reality his record isn't much better than Steve Bruce's.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The new Tottenham Director of Football has had a good first week - Fonseca deal scuppered and looks like missing out on Gonzalez to us.

This is also good news re Lamptey, as I'm sure this managerial instability at Spurs will make him more likely to stay with us for next season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The new Tottenham Director of Football has had a good first week - Fonseca deal scuppered and looks like missing out on Gonzalez to us.

This is also good news re Lamptey, as I'm sure this managerial instability at Spurs will make him more likely to stay with us for next season.

Can’t see any of the big clubs paying what they’d need to for Lamptey given his long term injury and how few games he’s actually played. Personally think there is a question over him being able to play most games in a season. He got knocked around every game and is tiny. Very very exciting player though and I can’t see him going anywhere for at least a season, until he has proved he can play plenty of games.

Not convinced TB will let Biss AND White both leave unless the offers are mental

Tottenham are coming across as very tin pot at the moment

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Now Spurs have dumped Fonseca and set their sights on Gattuso, I wonder if Fonseca will go cap in hand to Palace for a job?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now Spurs have dumped Fonseca and set their sights on Gattuso, I wonder if Fonseca will go cap in hand to Palace for a job?

If this happens will Spuds fans remember Gattuso the player trying rather stupidly to pick a fight with Joe Jordan when he was part of their backroom staff

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
All the news on the Spurs managers job seem strangely public. What happened to going about your business quietly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports