Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Close season manager merry go round.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This Ancelotti to Real news is beautiful. So the pecking order of jobs is:

Spurs, Everton, Wolves, Celtic, then Palace.

I fancy Spurs will either get Poch or Conte, but all of the Palace candidates like Dyche, Howe, Lampard will surely be tempted by the other jobs. Long may the uncertainty continue.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This Ancelotti to Real news is beautiful. So the pecking order of jobs is:

Spurs, Everton, Wolves, Celtic, then Palace.

I fancy Spurs will either get Poch or Conte, but all of the Palace candidates like Dyche, Howe, Lampard will surely be tempted by the other jobs. Long may the uncertainty continue.

Howe's go-to comfort zone is clearly the South Coast. Can't see him straying much further afield for his next role. Smalltown boy. Doubtless hoping to be re-hired by Bournemouth yet again. Southampton or Portsmouth at a pinch

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Howe's go-to comfort zone is clearly the South Coast. Can't see him straying much further afield for his next role. Smalltown boy. Doubtless hoping to be re-hired by Bournemouth yet again. Southampton or Portsmouth at a pinch

Do you think little Ted would go as far as Swindon ? or does he get a nose bleed north of the M4 ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Crystal Palace opened talks with former Wolverhampton boss Santo.

Presumably in the same way I've been liking Kelly Brook's Instagram posts for a while in the hope of it developing

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Amusingly, I saw stuff on Twitter the other day from Palace fans where they were pooh-poohing a couple of candidates because of their perceived old fashioned style of football, but in the same breath advocating Nuno Espirito Santo (whose Wolves side were up there with Palace as the dullest side to watch for much of last season) or Valerien Ismael.

Clearly they didn't watch ANY Championship football last season. I saw Barnsley in the play off matches, and blimey are they a throwback. I haven't seen a Championship team so direct in years. It was like John Beck's Cambridge at times.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did it take him that long to stop laughing? Interesting if he takes it, what can they have offered him? He left Wolves for them??? :lolol::ffsparr:

I read somewhere recently (possibly the guardian?) that leaving Wolves wasn't his choice. A quick google brings up this article behind a paywall from the athletic: https://theathletic.co.uk/2604488/2021/05/22/wolves-nuno-departure-premier-league/ and this one from the times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/former-benfica-manager-in-frame-as-wolves-sack-nuno-6zw77ft9n (also behind a paywall).

So joining palace will be a 'I need a job, I have a faberge egg addiction to pay for' type-thing rather than a 'I'm leaving my current job so I can take this one' kind of type-thing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Santo does go to Palace, will he get a sweetheart deal with Mendes.?

Or does that only apply to Wolves?

Will he be able to manage without first pick of all the best Portuguese talent?

Does he know how to sign non Portuguese players?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Crystal Portugal, got a ring to it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I read somewhere recently (possibly the guardian?) that leaving Wolves wasn't his choice. A quick google brings up this article behind a paywall from the athletic: https://theathletic.co.uk/2604488/2021/05/22/wolves-nuno-departure-premier-league/ and this one from the times https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/former-benfica-manager-in-frame-as-wolves-sack-nuno-6zw77ft9n (also behind a paywall).

So joining palace will be a 'I need a job, I have a faberge egg addiction to pay for' type-thing rather than a 'I'm leaving my current job so I can take this one' kind of type-thing.

Ah I was going to say it's better than being on the dole but let's be fair...it isn't....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Nuno is in the frame for Everton as well so this could run a few more days yet.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Scott Parker expected to leave Fulham with Bournemouth a possible destination:

[tweet]1404748677411913729[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here