Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Clinton Morrison is ruining my life

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I love the sport coverage on 5Live when I'm in pottering in the kitchen, driving the car or out for a dog walk or run.

...apart from when Clinton Morrison is the pundit for a commentary game.

He uses "at this precise moment" and "to be fair" all the bloody time. In fact it may even be more frequent than that. And since I first noticed this, I can't un-hear it. Every. Bloody. Time.

Anyone else had their life ruined by Clinton Morrison?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I love the sport coverage on 5Live when I'm in pottering in the kitchen, driving the car or out for a dog walk or run.

He uses "at this precise moment" and "to be fair" all the bloody time. In fact it may even be more frequent than that. And since I first noticed this, I can't un-hear it. Every. Bloody. Time.

At this precise moment my life remains positively unrunied by Clinton Morrison, to be fair.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I flatly refuse to have Radio Five playing in the house or car on Sundays, when Morrison and/or Carney are co-commentating. It would be like de-educating my kids.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yep, I'm with you, Bozza. Just had to pop to the station to pick up Bobkin Jnr and no sooner than I switch from Darren Bozo Bent wanging on about Lampard to Norwich, or Villa, do I hear Clint and all his "to be fair"s.

No need for it. No need at all!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If you tune into R5L you deserve everything you get, sorry, no sympathy.

Even numbers only for these ears.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Yep, I'm with you, Bozza. Just had to pop to the station to pick up Bobkin Jnr and no sooner than I switch from Darren Bozo Bent wanging on about Lampard to Norwich, or Villa, do I hear Clint and all his "to be fair"s.

No need for it. No need at all!

Lee Hendrie’s favourite is ‘I’ve / you’ve got to say …..’

That one I find more annoying!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'd say he's got marginally better as pundit in recent years, but go back a bit and listening to his simpleton repetitive analysis in his 'yeah bruv, innit' slang was so painful.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Have you tried turning him off and not turning him on again?

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I quite like him. Knowledgeable and fair. And the authentic voice of somewhere or other. We didn't all have a south coast grammar school education :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Try listening to Talkshite, their " Experts ' are even worse! Mind you listening to Utd v City on Saturday " Eric Baillie always looks like he's a mistake waiting to happen....at least today he's gone and done it early "

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It annoys me more that Alan Shearer uses done instead of did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here