Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clayton

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
I've been Mullen over this too and feel Clayton will definitely give us the Edge.

That said, football does move in Mysterious Ways although if he signs it should be a 3 point banker on New Years Day.

I'll join 8 aces in getting my coat before War breaks out on this thread!!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've been Mullen over this too and feel Clayton will definitely give us the Edge.

That said, football does move in Mysterious Ways although if he signs it should be a 3 point banker on New Years Day.

I'll join 8 aces in getting my coat before War breaks out on this thread!!!

The puns will continue With or Without You!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Luckily for me I know about two U2 songs so most of these shit puns will just go over my head :shrug:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Top drawer signing (if it happens). In my view, Clayton is one of the best attacking midfielders in the Championship. Only ever heard good reports from fans at other clubs. With Toko or Ince mopping up, a combination of Stephens, Crofts and Clayton in midfield could be very interesting. Could we be daring enough to play all three, ditch the wingers and field the following: Stockdale, Ward (if signs), Greer, Dunk, Bruno, Toko, Stephens, Crofts, Clayton, O'Grady, CMS.......anyone else like?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Top drawer signing (if it happens). In my view, Clayton is one of the best attacking midfielders in the Championship. Only ever heard good reports from fans at other clubs. With Toko or Ince mopping up, a combination of Stephens, Crofts and Clayton in midfield could be very interesting. Could we be daring enough to play all three, ditch the wingers and field the following: Stockdale, Ward (if signs), Greer, Dunk, Bruno, Toko, Stephens, Crofts, Clayton, O'Grady, CMS.......anyone else like?

Play with no wingers. Far to narrow and all down the middle. No balance.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I think a lack of width would be madness unless the FBs do push on and the midfield defensive duo slot in each time we lose the ball. I think its quite a high risk strategy but we'll see.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I think a lack of width would be madness unless the FBs do push on and the midfield defensive duo slot in each time we lose the ball. I think its quite a high risk strategy but we'll see.

Yes it is obviously a risky strategy and could only work with both Ward and Bruno creating the overlaps. Definitely not a 90-minute formation, but one which could pave the way for second half wingers. Should ensure plenty of midfield possession - and hopefully goals...

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I don't care what the fee is, I just want to know if he still has that beard.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Take Stephens out (harsh) and O'Grady (back up) and pit in Buckley and Baldock and I think you have it.

theodorerobinson

Jul 8, 2010
He doesn't

The beard is on its way back

Town.jpg

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Out of interest, if it's a done a dusted deal then why not announce it right away? Probably me being stupid....

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Seen a million signings announced on SSN saying "deals done and dusted, now having a medical"

No reason for this to be any different IMO.

But im cetrtainly no guru on this subject

It has almost been announced like that on Sky Sports. They pretty much said it was a done deal.

It is very unusual for a club to officially announce they're signing a player until after the medical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here