Clattenburg not charged by FA - Mikel charged instead

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Just seen this on Twitter, that the FA are not going to bring disciplinary action against Mark Clattenburg and that Mikel has been charged with misconduct for an incident after the Man Utd game...

EDIT : Heres the FA statement as posted on the KickItOut site http://www.kickitout.org/news.php/news_id/5681

Last edited:

Deduct the tossers 20 points for that, Clattenburg has had his career put on hold because of these unfounded allegations and mud sticks.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
You really have to feel for Clattenburg. Why did Chelsea go public with the claims?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
FA say accusation was made in good faith so no ramifications.

Mikel charged for a separate incident after the final whistle.

D

Deleted member 18477

The FA are becoming more of a joke every season.

mikel should be banned and chelsea should be docked a lot of points.

clattenburg should also sue mikel.

Chelsea really are a vile club.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Chelsea will blame Di Matteo!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Spectacularly bad judgement by Chelsea. Again.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Classless club. Try talking to the ref first to see what he says, maybe the miscommunication could have been sorted out. Don't go running to the press.
Think of the money, Rafa!

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If Ramires heard the words and they were never actually said, then why didn't Mikel step forward and say so. They are both to blame.

Mikel and Ramies are clearly responsible for this saga - a saga that could have ended in Clattenburg seeing his career ended. Let's be clear about that "career over."

Terry WAS found guilt of racist behaviour and yet you can be certain of this, his career was never going to be over. Million pound footballers don't seem to be scared of any form of punishment - the FA have no recourse with them at the moment.

If Mikel is guilty of witholding the truth (and that's an if as we don't know what Chelsea's management have been doing behind the scenes) then he should be banned for a season.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
If Ramires honestly thought he heard something then he was perfectly right to report it, as were Chelsea to make the report to the FA. I haven't seen any evidence that contradicts this.
You can't create an atmosphere whereby players are too scared to report racism because they will face sanctions if the allegations can't be proved.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If Ramires honestly thought he heard something then he was perfectly right to report it, as were Chelsea to make the report to the FA. I haven't seen any evidence that contradicts this.
You can't create an atmosphere whereby players are too scared to report racism because they will face sanctions if the allegations can't be proved.

If they were sure, yes by all means report it. But this stinks of a knee-jerk after the Terry affair for me.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
How long before the Black footie players association (who weren't slow in speaking out when this all kicked off) weigh in on this as some sort of cock up or conspiracy by the FA?

I certainly hope they speak out if Mikel is found 'guilty', but won't hold my breath.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You really have to feel for Clattenburg. Why did Chelsea go public with the claims?

for one thing they are legally bound to, and secondly the press were aware of the discussions going on around the corridors and it would have been leaked anyway.

FA have to be very, very careful how they go forward so as not to make matters even worse, and risk accusations of coverup or suppressing claims in the future.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Completely agree. But lets not interrupt the Chelsea hate.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
If they were sure, yes by all means report it. But this stinks of a knee-jerk after the Terry affair for me.

Its not ramirez or mikel to blame. Its whoever made the decision to make a formal complaint i think.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Chelsea were in a no win position. Fail to report it, and what would have happened if it had come out that Ramires had reported the incident to his employers, and they failed to act on it?

BUT, having decided to persue their allegation, Chelsea have quite clearly rushed this and failed to investigate internally before making their complaint.

WHY was their complaint leaked to the media within an hour of the game finishing?

No case to answer for Clattenburg, there certainly is for Clelsea.

an apology and compensation would be a start.

Not a good week to be a Chelsea fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports