[Misc] Clarkson what do you think of him?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clarkson, what do you think of him?

• Total voters

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I like him. Been reading his columns for years, he is a very clever and funny writer IMO. His OTT oafishness in Top Gear always made me chuckle (because you can never take him seriously), and Clarksons Farm is one of the finest most entertaining TV series I have ever watched.

I also admit to having sniggered at his reference to BLT+ people in a column recently. But I of course realise that this makes me a bigoted ignoramous.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
calling people slopes?
This amuses me. The way people carried on about this you would think he was the only one involved. No one seems to give a shit that when Clarkson say "there's a slope on the bridge" Hammond agrees with him, let alone that this was hardly live telly and the whole "joke" needed everyone else involved to go along with it.

When it comes to the farm I think we are getting closer to the man. Someone who does work frigging hard, who gives a shit, is prepared to be the butt of jokes and who cannot stand (and is prepared to call out) bureaucratic idiocy, stand over tactics and nimbys.

Sure at times he goes too far, but again with Tymon he was quick to call out people attacking him and with Markle he has pretty much owned up to being pissed when he wrote it and stupidly sending it off without getting someone less reactive to check over it, and again he is not alone the Sun published it!
I like the fact he is warts and all.

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I largely like him.

I suspect CLARKSON is largely an act he puts on, with considerable success, whilst Jeremy Clarkson is probably a decent chap. I certainly think he comes across well int the Farm series and I find the Grand Tour a good watch, if often quite predictable.
I can't help but think that the man who punched someone for not bringing him a hot meal is also Jeremy Clarkson.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Can understand why some in this modern, easily offended world don’t like him.

I do and admire his straight talking, not worried about wording everything correctly to avoid upsetting one man in Macedonia attitude.
I'm not sure if it is straight talking. I think he worries a lot about wording everything correctly in order to upset as many people as possible.

As so many threads I haven't seen anyone suggest they are offended by him. Despite his best efforts 🤣

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He's a staunch Remainer who thinks anyone who voted for Brexit is an idiotic addle-brained knuckle-dragging gullible slobbering moron. Anyone want to change their opinion of him? :)

I have no interest in cars or motoring (other than as a method of getting from A to B) so he's largely passed me by, although obviously I'd heard of him and thought, yes he sounds a bit of an obnoxious twat. However I did really enjoy his Farming series, in the same way as I enjoy Michael Portillo's railway series. (Another person whose politics I don't agree with).

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I'm not sure if it is straight talking. I think he worries a lot about wording everything correctly in order to upset as many people as possible.

As so many threads I haven't seen anyone suggest they are offended by him. Despite his best efforts 🤣
That’s your opinion, I couldn’t disagree more 😂

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's a staunch Remainer who thinks anyone who voted for Brexit is an idiotic addle-brained knuckle-dragging gullible slobbering moron. Anyone want to change their opinion of him? :)

I have no interest in cars or motoring (other than as a method of getting from A to B) so he's largely passed me by, although obviously I'd heard of him and thought, yes he sounds a bit of an obnoxious twat. However I did really enjoy his Farming series, in the same way as I enjoy Michael Portillo's railway series. (Another person whose politics I don't agree with).
He is an obnoxious twat.

Portillo on the other hand doesn’t try to be a comedian, or on the edge of opinion, he’s just a bloke presenting a programme for something he’s passionate about. He’d probably be a far easier person to share a pint with than Clarkson.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I like him. Been reading his columns for years, he is a very clever and funny writer IMO. His OTT oafishness in Top Gear always made me chuckle (because you can never take him seriously), and Clarksons Farm is one of the finest most entertaining TV series I have ever watched.

I also admit to having sniggered at his reference to BLT+ people in a column recently. But I of course realise that this makes me a bigoted ignoramous.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Currently, if you ignore other/fence we are into a real majority of posters who actually LIKE JC, even without that the result is still positive for the bloke that so many profess to be so out of touch. Maybe after years of criticism of his kind of humour, some of the ‘modern thinking’ folk need to shut up?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
He is an obnoxious twat.

Portillo on the other hand doesn’t try to be a comedian, or on the edge of opinion, he’s just a bloke presenting a programme for something he’s passionate about. He’d probably be a far easier person to share a pint with than Clarkson.
Having had the misfortune to having shared several pints and even a couple of meals with Portillo, I’d humbly suggest you’d be very disappointed, he really is arrogance personified.

Ive never met Clarkson but I think the two series of Clarkson’s Farm are excellent viewing.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
He came to film a TV programme about his family history at my previous workplace and was rude and arrogant throughout. He asked if he could use the goods entrance so he could make a joke about not being allowed by the organisation to use the main entrance. The progamme was then edited to make him look as witty and the staff look as stupid as possible. Truth is I have never liked him but I am not into banning people so I have just avoided his broadcast output.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports