Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Clarkson what do you think of him?

Clarkson, what do you think of him?

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's quite simple really; if you like Clarkson there's a high probability that you voted Leave (and screwed-up the country for the foreseeable), and are a Tory cwnt (Welsh spelling)
Which is why Clarkson's public face is probably not always 'him'. As I pointed out earlier he's a staunch Remainer and has an incredibly low opinion of people who voted 'Leave'. Also I think his farming persona differs from his motoring one, as with his farming hat on he's quite conscious of climate change and beneath all his 'look at my big tractor' bluster promotes biodiversity on his farm.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean…what?

I don’t claim to be the greatest expert on male attractiveness, but surely he’s not the pinnacle in those terms.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He has come across as a little misogynistic at times, but he's largely tolerable.

The worst of him was seen when he did the Patagonia special and he clearly thought it was funny to drive through Argentina with a number plate "H982 FKL", then acted like a complete pussy when it became clear he had angered and upset a mob of veterans, pretending he didn't realise the meaning of the number plate, and then pleading for police protection and getting out of the country sooner than planned in case he was ambushed.

I mean, imagine driving through a country we fought with in living memory with a mocking number plate, and not appreciating that families of people who were slaughtered whilst fighting (on the whim of a military junta) might find that upsetting.

I'd like to think he learned from that though.

Well there was an investigation into that and it turned out to be a huge coincidence. I've read a lot around it (because I didn't believe it) but the car in question had always had that plate.

Think about it.

For your theory to be be true, the production must have searching round for a plate with a funny Falklands joke and luckily it turned out to be a Porsche and the owner was then happy to sell.

Even after that they managed to persuade countless others who worked on the production to travel to Argentina and got the insurance sorted.

And after what happened nobody sued them.

As hard as it is to believe it was a coincidence, it's even harder to believe they attempted that as "in-joke" and got away with it with no one else knowing.

He is, he has a very sharp humour. If you don't get or like it he cares not. Earthy as in outspoken and unafraid to say what he thinks. Something that too many people these days aren't.
Spot on. I like honest people, his opinions are close to the wire admittedly, and I am sure he might be a bit of a dick but he’s a character and i like characters.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I voted fence as he has a record of being at times someone who says or acts in a manner most undistinguished. However as a farmer myself, he does a magnificent job on Clarksons Farm of presenting it warts and all. Oh and Top Gear was great until he thumped someone.

Well to be fair, I only said there was a high probability that Clarkson fans ticked both those boxes, and I stand by that generalisation. You are only half beyond the pale...
Piss off. You’re like those idiots who sit in a Brighton pub with a stuck up attitude against anyone who doesn’t fit your style or political points of view 🤣🤣 with a beard.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Did someone on here describe Clarkson's humour as "sharp"?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Just finished watching Season 2 of Clarkson's Farm. Thought it wasn't quite as good as S1, but still a good light entertainment TV program.

Well worth watching imo.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I haven't watched Clarkson's Farm at all, but thanks to the unintended publicity of this thread, I'll give it a go. Thank you.
Honestly, it's a really honest and interesting look at farming in this country. Obviously, you get the stunts from Clarkson but really it's not about him as much as it is about Cheerful Charlie and Incoherent Gerald, Shepherd Ellen and the brilliant Kaleb - who does the ACTUAL farming work most of the time. It's a great show and I was a long time hold out, but really enjoyed it. I still haven't seen S2 but I know I'll enjoy it when I do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Honestly, it's a really honest and interesting look at farming in this country. Obviously, you get the stunts from Clarkson but really it's not about him as much as it is about Cheerful Charlie and Incoherent Gerald, Shepherd Ellen and the brilliant Kaleb - who does the ACTUAL farming work most of the time. It's a great show and I was a long time hold out, but really enjoyed it. I still haven't seen S2 but I know I'll enjoy it when I do.
We finished S2 last night and it was a great watch for the reasons you outline.

As it finished last night I said "Charlie is amazing isn't he?", because he is. His knowledge is extraordinary and seemed to extend far beyond what I would assume to be his area of expertise. Kaleb is too, more obviously. I guess there are hundreds if not thousands of Kalebs around the UK, working their bollocks off to try and make farming work. It's a tough gig - I don't envy them.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
We finished S2 last night and it was a great watch for the reasons you outline.

As it finished last night I said "Charlie is amazing isn't he?", because he is. His knowledge is extraordinary and seemed to extend far beyond what I would assume to be his area of expertise. Kaleb is too, more obviously. I guess there are hundreds if not thousands of Kalebs around the UK, working their bollocks off to try and make farming work. It's a tough gig - I don't envy them.
And with respect to Clarkson, he's said in many interviews that was why he pitched the show - it's not about him and his ridiculous machinery as such. It's the characters working on the farm day to day and to shine a light on the farming industry generally. You really could do that with any industry I think and so many people would be surprised at the characters and the type of work that people are doing. Real people are genuinely fascinating and it's partly why the workplace threads do so well on here!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You're in for a treat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here