• Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Clarke is dull. We've just done dull.

Give me the basket case that is Tim Sherwood any day please.

But we've also fairly recently done eccentric, outspoken ex Spurs midfielders looking for their next Premier League pay day.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
100% agree, added to the fact I think Sherwood would jump ship at the first opportunity to any Premiership side, it's Clarke all day for me, from the two.

IF we do appoint Sherwood, I hope the same people wanting him won't complain about the complete bull**** he says in interviews.

I've wanted Sherwood from Day 1. And I don't give a toss what he says in interviews, it's what happens on the pitch that counts.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But we've also fairly recently done eccentric, outspoken ex Spurs midfielders looking for their next Premier League pay day.

Precisely this. I can't deny that Oscar's brand of football was boring to say the least. I really do feel we need stability. Sherwood is a 'loose cannon', he could fall out with any of the players and Board, and could leave after a few months.

He also seems to have a high opinion of himself a la Poyet, so as per Guinness Boy, he will have one eye on a future job.

Clarke for me every time.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Sherwood for me. However, whoever we get, I suspect we'll see a reduced role for David Burke. I heard this morning that when OG put his January list in, it was immediately poo pooed by Burke "as that's not the direction we want to take this club". All the players were young foreigners, not all Spanish.
I don't think Sherwood will accept a post with a Director of Football(which it seems is pretty much what Burke has become)in place
Hoddle was also mentioned this morning. I was sceptical at first, but having listened to a reasoned argument, he could be the right man

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Would be really disappointed with either - but out of the two, Sherwood, need to avoid boring at all costs.

Fair enough. But out of interest, who would be your first choice if you were TB?

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
To all of the people who are disappointed with either choice what are you expecting ?
We are a top six championship club so if you don`t want two ex Premier League Managers who do you want?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's really difficult to say who is realistic. If Clement and Garde are ruled out, then Phil Neville would be a great choice.

Gambling on high profile former players often works out at first - Di Canio at Swindon, Keane at Sunderland, Gus here, Di Matteo etc....

Talking of Di Matteo - what's happened to him?

I'd love Clement, but alas I think he's out of the running.

Neville would be ok with me, after all, he's played under one the best of all time. I'd put money on one or two of Fergusons lads to be top, top managers in the years to come. So well worth the gamble IMO.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I wouldn't mind Sherwood but have said Clarke since Oscar left so will stick with that.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
To all of the people who are disappointed with either choice what are you expecting ?
We are a top six championship club so if you don`t want two ex Premier League Managers who do you want?

Two failed premiership managers. I'm not bothered about premiership experience as we are not in the premier league.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
A regular reader on here but my first ever post. I would pick Sherwood as I want to be entertained with attacking football and feel that he will pick a team to try and win games rather than just not to lose.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I know a lot of people are against a TS appointment, but he would probably play 2 up top, and that can't be a bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here