Clarke or Sherwood

Clarke or Sherwood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Clarke is dull. We've just done dull.

Give me the basket case that is Tim Sherwood any day please.

Totally this, Clarke is just bland and has a reputation for safety first football. Sherwood on the other hand..

One thing if we are now choosing from two out of work managers why is it taking so long?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is so much on this board about what they have done but it is more an issue about what they will each do. Given that much of our defence is changing we are going to need some concentration on organisation there. There also needs to be an emphasis on some entertainment. Either will be good appointments quite honesty and will show how far the club has come. Both have managed in the Premiership with some success and been coaches there, in Clarke's case at the very top. I sense he is more a 'team player' than Sherwood in the overall club organisation and would plump for him. I would expect both to have us in the top half.

Both communicate decently compared to our two previous managers. OK Clarke comes over as a bit dry and dour but if we win enough that will be fine. I would go for him. Sherwood will be great it we do well but may well be a bit unnecessarily divisive if we do not.

I much prefer these two compared to what I would regard as an overseas 'gamble'. Oscar and/or Jones got the results but much of the football was ordinary and communication, at least with the fans, was uninspiring.

Excellent post

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'd be indifferent to either of them, though I think I'd be indifferent to all the serious suggestions for potential managers I've heard on here so far.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
One up front and boring football seems to be WBA fans assessment,think we've been there.As for Sherwood if he was successful would he be off when a premier club came calling, not good when the club needs stability.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Both are high calibre candidates for the job. Both have had success in the PL and it would be quite a coup if we could get either of these to the Amex.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
One up front and boring football seems to be WBA fans assessment,think we've been there.As for Sherwood if he was successful would he be off when a premier club came calling, not good when the club needs stability.

Think 90% of managers would leave us for better things if someone else came in.

Upside is , if this happens then we've had another good season

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Attacking- How exactly is Sherwood more attacking? He had Eriksen (one of the best players in the PL), Adebeyor and Lennon all great attacking players. He had no real attacking style just good players. Clarke got some fantastic patterns of play and formations with average players and made Odemwengie look like a world beater.
Experience - Clarke hands down. He's had exposure to some brilliant managers.
Contacts - Clarke.
Integrity - Clarke. If Sherwood's not trying to charm someone he's being agressive and divisive. His football clichés are unreal. Appreciate Clarke is dull but he's still more interesting than Oscar.
100% agree, added to the fact I think Sherwood would jump ship at the first opportunity to any Premiership side, it's Clarke all day for me, from the two.

IF we do appoint Sherwood, I hope the same people wanting him won't complain about the complete bull**** he says in interviews.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This poll is closer than I thought! I really can't see what people see in Clarke. I just think the football would be better under Sherwood, who imo was treated like shit by Spurs in his last couple of months. He was on his way out and he knew it. Lets not forget, he inherited a team that under performed.

I know Clarke was unlucky to be given the gooner at WBA, I just think he's not what we should be looking for atm.

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
Clarke please.. I would rather have a manager who has over achieved at a smaller club than one who hasnt done to much at a significantly larger club.. I would also suggest that if Sherwood does well that he is more likely to jump ship than Clarke..

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Both have similar CVs having been good No 2s / Youth Coaches and then went on to have brief, yet relatively successful spells as No 1s in the PL. Its whether you`d prefer the assumably more reliable, steady, pragmatic approach from Clarke or the unpredictable, impromptu,roller coaster style that Sherwood may bring. Nothing between the two and Id be happy with either but given the choice, Sherwood for me, I always enjoy the ride.

Cafe Racer 59

May 21, 2014
North Stand NWSS
dont mind as long as we played attacking football and we are good to watch

The question is out rof the two who is likely to attract the better players? As at present our squad is not strong enough and by my reckoning we need to bring in at least four quality players, including a decent goalkeeper as number 1, sorry but Ankegren just doesn't cut it for me, also need another centre back and another attacking option. That's just for starters.
Therefore out of the two whoever is likely to fulfil that list I feel we should go for.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Clarke please.. I would rather have a manager who has over achieved at a smaller club than one who hasnt done to much at a significantly larger club.. I would also suggest that if Sherwood does well that he is more likely to jump ship than Clarke..
There is no loyalty in football.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Anyone notice this morning bet vic is the only bookie to have Sherwood at 5/4 bet vic are normally very accurate on the football.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I'd be happy with either. If forced to i'd pick Sherwood but i wouldn't complain if Clarke were given the job.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Clarke is dull. We've just done dull.

Give me the basket case that is Tim Sherwood any day please.

Absolutely. And Clarke's success was a result of having Romelu Lukaku on loan. Not so successful after that.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Sherwood would be my pick. On the face of it he appears to have more drive and ambition. More up for the fight. Clarke is always just dull.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here