Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Clare Balding

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Only 5 minutes into the ladies beach volleyball and there was a wrist injury, but I will be alright by the weekend.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Total respect to Clare Balding. She was always massively authoritative and enthusiastic about horse racing, being from the Balding horse racing dynasty. Reckon her big break was when that rubbish Irish girl from The One Show (now Mrs Frank Lampard) jumped ship to ITV, just as she was being positioned to cover the 2012 Olympics. Clare Balding stepped into the breach and has never looked back.

Waiting for her to endorse her bedroom product of choice. I hear Boots stock some these days.

Classic case of strapadicktomy.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Has to one of the blandest presenters on tv, knows nothing about sports apart from horse racing and gets all doe-eyed when working with anyone with a title! At least with Gary Liniker you know he knows what he's talking about, get more ex pros in and these rent a mouths out! If Partridge was good he would be Clare Balding.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I remember channel hopping on BBC a few years ago when Clare Balding was hosting a Rugby League game. I don't follow Rugby League in the slightest, but there she was hosting it, sat amongst a couple of miserable, big, northern ex-Rugby League players, talking rugby league and she totally knew her stuff.

And they knew her stuff too...and it wasn't going up any stairs was it?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Has to one of the blandest presenters on tv, knows nothing about sports apart from horse racing and gets all doe-eyed when working with anyone with a title! At least with Gary Liniker you know he knows what he's talking about, get more ex pros in and these rent a mouths out! If Partridge was good he would be Clare Balding.

Boooooo!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes she is excellent, I was only thinking how excellent the whole bbc presentation is of the games thus far.
Also like Andy Jameson and Adrian Morehouse as commentators on the swimming- great double act. All round superb.

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

a) I wish they'd pick a channel and stick to it, if people want to watch east-f*ckin-enders they can go somewhere far away (presumably they're brain-dead already).
b) Please tell the Brazilians to sort their feed out, they constantly take the scores off-screen right as they're needed, extremely annoying.

Apart from that, not too bad. Loving the Balding, as ever, she really has expanded her sporting knowledge. I now find Hazel rather annoying, where I used to quite fancy her.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

You join us live at the Berlin Olympics on "Grandstand" in 1938 on this pleasant summer morning in Nazi Germany. Everyone's here. Hitler's in his box, Jesse Owens just waved to him. He doesn't like that.

CB in 1938
That made me laugh...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Waiting for her to endorse her bedroom product of choice. I hear Boots stock some these days.

Classic case of strapadicktomy.

What is the point of this post? Are you trying to suggest that Balding MIGHT* be gay, or that it matters if she is?

*is. this is not news.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What is the point of this post? Are you trying to suggest that Balding MIGHT* be gay, or that it matters if she is?

*is. this is not news.

Seems like the usual Neaderthal snigger, snigger, somebody is Gay. I thought we'd moved on into a more enlightened world, but there's always retards from the dark ages. People like this are the reason no top players have come out yet.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You join us live at the Berlin Olympics on "Grandstand" in 1938 on this pleasant summer morning in Nazi Germany. Everyone's here. Hitler's in his box, Jesse Owens just waved to him. He doesn't like that.

CB in 1938

Alan Partridge 1994. :lolol:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
To be honest, she puts most football pundits/presenters to shame with her knowledge of what seems like every single sport that's ever been played.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Except that time an old schoolmate of mine won the Grand National after starting as a 100-1 wildcard. Eyes of the nation are on him, biggest day of his life, and as he climbs off the horse to be interviewed, she says;

"Can probably afford to get those teeth done now, can't you?"

VINTAGE Partridge moment.

:lol:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Firstly, I have heard on the grapevine that Claire Balding does an astonishing amount of preparation to make things look natural. She is amazing. The big pleasant surprise is Chappers. He is really very good for someone who's moved from radio to TV. Very natural and quick to the point. I like him.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

CB in 1938

Sorry. I'll get my coat.

Nice spoof though...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Or the bloke who was crying because a posh woman made a horse look camp. Anyone moved by dressage needs to get some valium or something.

:) Ha, ha.
My Mrs is a horse rider and loves watching dressage, I usually leave the room or I take the piss a little to much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here