Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping away fans.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Clapping the away fans is bloody embarrassing and sums up the nicey nicey welcome message with give to the visitors...Also you're virtually guaranteed a point at least,but hey ho it's all about being really nice and polite grrrr.

Christ it's time all this nicey nice rubbish went as this is football and we get drunk and swear and abuse the away fans...Or am I missing something?

RedRob

come the revolution......
Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
Why do people clap away fans when they only travel 50miles also did it for charlton, absolutely pathetic,if your going to clap do it for teams oop north but I never will.

...50 miles you say? - more like 5 miles, if that! How many of Fulham's away contingent do you think were wealthy, middle class, (woops, I said it again!) Londoners now living in trendy, arty, Brighton & Hove? Wise up sucker.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Why do people clap away fans when they only travel 50miles also did it for charlton, absolutely pathetic,if your going to clap do it for teams oop north but I never will.

Agree. Totally ridiculous. It probably took me longer to navigate the various roadworks in town than it did for them to do a tube and train from Victoria. No fecker clapped me into my seat

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Clapping the away fans is bloody embarrassing and sums up the nicey nicey welcome message with give to the visitors...Also you're virtually guaranteed a point at least,but hey ho it's all about being really nice and polite grrrr.

Christ it's time all this nicey nice rubbish went as this is football and we get drunk and swear and abuse the away fans...Or am I missing something?

It really isn't embarrassing.

Maybe the recognition that away fans are just like us comes from all the help and support that we got for 15 years from fans of all 92 clubs. This includes thousands turning up to watch us smash Hartlepool 5-0 - a scoreline that saved us from being relegated to the conference.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Maybe you are. Like (1) The fact that it's no longer the 1970s? (2) Any sense of sportsmanship? (3) The opportunity to feel good about being part of football's wider fraternity, rather than behaving like some spotty oik desperate to be considered well 'ard?

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade

If it's any consultation, I always boo loudly and call the away support a load of ****ing ****ers when the away attendance is given out,whoever they are. Agreed sometimes only in jest, goes down a treat in 1901 platinum every time!

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
There's a big difference in clapping the away fans when we've beaten them 3-0 to clapping them when they've just pulled our pants down and taught us a lesson.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
...50 miles you say? - more like 5 miles, if that! How many of Fulham's away contingent do you think were wealthy, middle class, (woops, I said it again!) Londoners now living in trendy, arty, Brighton & Hove? Wise up sucker.

How do you work that out?
95% of their tickets went to STH, or do all their STH travel up from Brighton every other week?

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
How do you work that out?
95% of their tickets went to STH, or do all their STH travel up from Brighton every other week?

....When you move out of London, they do let you keep your 'STH' y'know! Or, did you think Fulham's fanbase was from the council estates of SW London? - presuming here of course that there are still working class people in SW London! ???

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
....When you move out of London, they do let you keep your 'STH' y'know! Or, did you think Fulham's fanbase was from the council estates of SW London? - presuming here of course that there are still working class people in SW London! ???

Strange that I've never seen train loads of Fulham fans travelling from Brighton every other week then. ???

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton

I agree, we should make The Amex as imtimindating as we can for the away team and fans, It should be a ground where away teams do not like coming because the roar of the Home crowd. But maybe I am being thuggish and we could invite a few around our houses for Tiffin after the game. :banana:

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
All i'm saying is, I personally know of plenty of Fulham/Chelsea/Qpr/Brentford fans residing in & around B&H, & our other traditional support areas(Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Lewes, etc.) - Perhaps they don't wear a scarf/shirt on the platform of Brighton station at 11am on a Saturday, so as not to piss off well 'ard locals? :wink:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
All i'm saying is, I personally know of plenty of Fulham/Chelsea/Qpr/Brentford fans residing in & around B&H, & our other traditional support areas(Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, Lewes, etc.) - Perhaps they don't wear a scarf/shirt on the platform of Brighton station at 11am on a Saturday, so as not to piss off well 'ard locals? :wink:

...and all I'm saying is that you were exaggerating the number of Fulham fans that only travelled 5 miles to the game.

:wink:

RedRob

Mar 2, 2013
Pyongyang
...and all I'm saying is that you were exaggerating the number of Fulham fans that only travelled 5 miles to the game.

:wink:

...Yes, of course I was! - but only to make a point about where the average FFC fan actually lives.....i.e. Surrey. E/W Sussex, not Wandsworth. :xmas:

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Who gives a sh*it whether we clap or not this is not the reason we are in the bottom three ...I am not in the clappy camp mainly because I have usually got my head in my hands in despair .

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Let's wait and see whether they clap us at Christmas. I have a five mile journey to get to 'ver co-idge' and deserve special applause for a hellish tube journey.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here