Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Eternally grateful to the employees of the NHS.

But the ****ing car and ship horns and hollering and woo-hooing wake my kids up every week so I will be very glad when it does stop! I think it’s enough now.

And we have a clown in Westdene who set offs an exploding rocket each week which is pretty unfair on pets and the flock of birds that subsequently appears out of nowhere.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Nice bit of politically motivated photo-shopping.

The NHS is performing brilliantly. That's not because it was founded by Labour; nor is it in spite of Tory cuts. It is performing brilliantly because of of the doctors and nurses that are working for it. Therefore, most of us are happy to clap. Those who aren't happy to clap can sulk indoors. I think that about sums it up.

Well, the NHS was founded by Labour. And opposed by the Tories. But yes, that is sufficiently far back in time that it has little relevance as to how it has performed in last two months.

It is however, very much performing as it does 'despite Tory cuts'. That's not history. That's current reality and I think you will find that the vast majority of those that we clap for will see it that way - and, when the time is right (not now) will be ready to say so.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nice bit of politically motivated photo-shopping.

The NHS is performing brilliantly. That's not because it was founded by Labour; nor is it in spite of Tory cuts. It is performing brilliantly because of of the doctors and nurses that are working for it. Therefore, most of us are happy to clap. Those who aren't happy to clap can sulk indoors. I think that about sums it up.
As ever it's not quite as simple as that. Whilst the clapping and recognition is clearly positively received by workers at the NHS and is positive socially for communities it's also a farce.

BJ and his crew applauding when they were cheering and celebrating at defeating a pay rise for them. With that part of a concerted effort to suffocate the nhs over their party's rule makes me sick.

Their clapping in front of the cameras is politicising the practice. Many of my neighbours voted that scum in as they bang their saucepans and let off fireworks.

Where's the recognition of those horrendous errors of judgement and where is the apology?

I stay inside. Not sure that is right tbh but I detest the hypocrisy. Ditto medals and flybys rather than actual recognition and support for what these dedicated people do all the time, pandemic or not.

I hope that this generates future continuous support to the NHS and others but certainly BJ will screw them all over again and saucepan bashers will continue to vote for the destruction.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
As ever it's not quite as simple as that. Whilst the clapping and recognition is clearly positively received by workers at the NHS and is positive socially for communities it's also a farce.

BJ and his crew applauding when they were cheering and celebrating at defeating a pay rise for them. With that part of a concerted effort to suffocate the nhs over their party's rule makes me sick.

Their clapping in front of the cameras is politicising the practice. Many of my neighbours voted that scum in as they bang their saucepans and let off fireworks.

Where's the recognition of those horrendous errors of judgement and where is the apology?

I stay inside. Not sure that is right tbh but I detest the hypocrisy. Ditto medals and flybys rather than actual recognition and support for what these dedicated people do all the time, pandemic or not.

I hope that this generates future continuous support to the NHS and others but certainly BJ will screw them all over again and saucepan bashers will continue to vote for the destruction.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hotel Alpha you’ve nailed it again, :lolol: More power to your elbow. :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
:facepalm: to those who’ve politicised a simple recognition of the sacrifices of a group of workers

Yes. There are plenty of other threads for debating the politics of Covid-19 and UK’s preparedness. It can’t happen on every thread. If it keeps happening here, then the main protagonists will be welcome to read the thread but may find that they are unable to post further contributions.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Yes. There are plenty of other threads for debating the politics of Covid-19 and UK’s preparedness. It can’t happen on every thread. If it keeps happening here, then the main protagonists will be welcome to read the thread but may find that they are unable to post further contributions.
It's gone all Brexit.

And I avoid that thread like the plague.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It's gone all Brexit.

And I avoid that thread like the plague.

Hopefully the thread can be kept on topic. Loads of other threads to debate the politics of Covid-19. It’s my turn to home school the kids today so my reserves of patience, tolerance and reasonableness were exhausted some time ago.

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
My other half is a frontline health care professional and finds the whole thing quite patronising, her colleagues feel the same, needless to say we do not go out and clap.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My other half is a frontline health care professional and finds the whole thing quite patronising, her colleagues feel the same, needless to say we do not go out and clap.

I have read many comments from NHS workers very similar to this.
There’s an ad running saying ‘We can’t eat applause’.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I'm not one for collective thought and guilt trips I too have abstained.

It would be incredibly hypocritical of me to show my support for the NHS in that way.

If I really wanted to make it about helping the NHS and not all about 'me, me, me', I'd lose 3 stone in weight, exercise more in the hope my head improves with my waistline.

I was only half listening to a news report yesterday.
I thought I heard them say 'Covid with diabetes is the biggest cause of death, followed by Covid/respiratory issues'.

Basically if you're out there clapping with a burger and fag on the go you're helping nobody.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
As I'm not one for collective thought and guilt trips I too have abstained.

It would be incredibly hypocritical of me to show my support for the NHS in that way.

If I really wanted to make it about helping the NHS and not all about 'me, me, me', I'd lose 3 stone in weight, exercise more in the hope my head improves with my waistline.

I was only half listening to a news report yesterday.
I thought I heard them say 'Covid with diabetes is the biggest cause of death, followed by Covid/respiratory issues'.

Basically if you're out there clapping with a burger and fag on the go you're helping nobody.

It’s also quite hard to clap, smoke and eat a burger at the same time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports