Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My other half is a frontline health care professional and finds the whole thing quite patronising, her colleagues feel the same, needless to say we do not go out and clap.

My 'other half' is a hospital Matron... and she appreciates it and joins in with it... and chats with the neighbours, who are very supportive.

For the first time, every house in the part of our road that I can see (probably 20?), had people out clapping last night.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
surely any fatties have used these 8 weeks to sort themselves out ?

Shocking if got fatter in this
Some of us chunky monkeys haven't missed a day's work. :down:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
surely any fatties have used these 8 weeks to sort themselves out ?

Shocking if got fatter in this

If working from home my regime was Gym session including 20 minutes on static cycle (horrid), then down to the pool and 30 lengths (quite enjoyable) and 5 -10 minutes in jacuzzi (very enjoyable). As the Gym & Pool are shut I now have to jog around the block first thing which is boring and I'm sure isn't burning the calories the previous regime did. On the other hand I am sure I am not eating as much. Most days have been missing out on Lunch altogether as I simply don't feel hungry.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There’s an ad running saying ‘We can’t eat applause’.

I've certainly seen the meme, which takes a picture of an olden-times nurses and applies an adaptation of Bob Dylan's famous "What good are fans? You can't eat applause for breakfast. You can't sleep with it."

Where have you seen the ad running (ie a paid advertisement) and what is it an ad for/who by?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not at all sure if this is real or not

NHS.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've certainly seen the meme, which takes a picture of an olden-times nurses and applies an adaptation of Bob Dylan's famous "What good are fans? You can't eat applause for breakfast. You can't sleep with it."

Where have you seen the ad running (ie a paid advertisement) and what is it an ad for/who by?

My bad, I should have posted meme instead of ad.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My other half is a frontline health care professional and finds the whole thing quite patronising, her colleagues feel the same, needless to say we do not go out and clap.

The same in this house, she and her colleagues have no interest in it. But that might be just a case of wishing to forget about practice, when away from hospital work.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What wonderful timing that the Government have reversed their decisions on both the NHS Bereavement Scheme and the Health Immigration Surcharge in the last few hours (despite having reviewed them in the last week, and deciding they should stand) just in time for the weekly appreciation of the NHS :clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pretty subdued around here tonight.

I reckon they're all on their way back from the coast.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Numbers diminishing.....time to slap a tax on Amazon and the likes and give them a wage rise with proceeds before it rains and no one opens the front door :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here