Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clap for our Carers : Tonight 8pm

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I gave it a miss last night simply because I couldn't be arsed to talk to my neighbours.

More to the point, When is it ever going to stop? If there isn't a vaccine in 2 years time are we supposed to get the pans out every Thursday to 2022? The Mrs will be spunking our hard earned up the wall in Lakeland if this carries on much longer.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sir/Madam,
Do not take this the wrong way, have you ever been told you have the ability to bore the sweetcorn out of a turd?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a way to take that the right way? Why do you keep replying then?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I like it and think it should carry on. We get music from the house opposite and all the younger kids stay up late and wave at each other and dance. We get to see neighbours a few doors down that we’re talking a bit more to (at a safe distance). And it keeps the NHS and others in the spotlight at a time they need to be looked after. I don’t see why someone who organised it in the first place is trying to regain control. Bit weird. Let it roll. It doesn’t need a formal conclusion.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Sir/Madam,
Do not take this the wrong way, have you ever been told you have the ability to bore the sweetcorn out of a turd?.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... and the winner of the most original and funny put down prize (Spring 2020) goes too [MENTION=35289]Baker lite[/MENTION] ...

tenor.gif

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like it and think it should carry on. We get music from the house opposite and all the younger kids stay up late and wave at each other and dance. We get to see neighbours a few doors down that we’re talking a bit more to (at a safe distance). And it keeps the NHS and others in the spotlight at a time they need to be looked after. I don’t see why someone who organised it in the first place is trying to regain control. Bit weird. Let it roll. It doesn’t need a formal conclusion.

As a social interaction it sounds a useful exercise for your street. Ours is similar, though largely elderly folk rather than kids.

The lady who launched it, isn’t trying to ‘control’ it, is she? She’s just giving her opinion.

Ms Plas said she feels that people have shown key workers their appreciation and it is now the responsibility of "the people that are in power... to reward and give them the respect they deserve".
In a later interview, she added: "Without getting too political, I share some of the opinions that some people have about it becoming politicised.
"I think the narrative is starting to change and I don't want the clap to be negative."

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
For those who appreciate it (key workers who appreciate the underlying gesture or folk who see it as an opportunity to see their neighbours), a simple minutes applause once a week seems harmless enough. Not a fan of the fireworks, car horns and American golf spectator style whooping, though. And as for those insufferable families who saw it as an opportunity to form a string quartet outside their houses or twats playing the drums or bagpipes - well, the less we see of them the better. It may take them some time to realise it was never supposed to be about them.

It’s not something I’ve ever participated in, but a good call to end it now, in my view.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wow from nearly everyone to nobody in 7 days.

Thanks Dommy Cum-Cum.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wow someone ate the last gold bar from my fridge, thanks Dominic. :rolleyes:

Loads of people out here near Preston park, many more than last week.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Sorry, I've clapped every time so far, but tonight; much as I love the NHS and I have
family who work in it, I AM NOT going to stand and clap with that to*spot Boris standing
outside No 10. He can go and f*** himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here