Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Clap for heroes

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Dear Mr Rishi,

Clump said that your bus mentioned how much we give to the EU and what other things we might do with the cash once freed.

Here is his email address.....

If ya don't like it, don't vote for it, Sunshine.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
A friend of mine who is a midwife just posted this on FB (I have asked permission to share).

Don’t clap for me, just stay at home.
I’m not looking for a pay-rise in the middle of a global recession when so many of you have lost your livelihood.
I just want everyone to take this seriously and do their bit. Stick to the rules, don’t have people round, don’t meet in groups.
Think of us going to work, not knowing what each shift entails. Wearing masks and gowns and goggles and gloves all day, everyday. Cleaning and preparing spaces tirelessly to reduce transmission. Adapting to constant changes to services and communicating this to those in our care. Making contingency plans for worse case scenario and seeing those start to play out for real. Apologising and holding space for so many. Worried about the spread of the virus in the community, catching the virus and bringing it home
Think of all those people waiting for treatments and operations, postponed as we firefight Covid and care for critically ill.
Think of those who’s birth wishes are stolen and are feeling scared to welcome new life in the world.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
A friend of mine who is a midwife just posted this on FB (I have asked permission to share).

I’m not looking for a pay-rise in the middle of a global recession when so many of you have lost your livelihood.
I just want everyone to take this seriously and do their bit. Stick to the rules, don’t have people round, don’t meet in groups.
Think of us going to work, not knowing what each shift entails. Wearing masks and gowns and goggles and gloves all day, everyday. Cleaning and preparing spaces tirelessly to reduce transmission. Adapting to constant changes to services and communicating this to those in our care. Making contingency plans for worse case scenario and seeing those start to play out for real. Apologising and holding space for so many. Worried about the spread of the virus in the community, catching the virus and bringing it home
Think of all those people waiting for treatments and operations, postponed as we firefight Covid and care for critically ill.
Think of those who’s birth wishes are stolen and are feeling scared to welcome new life in the world.
[emoji122]here here, oh hang on..

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Didn't the Tory party spell out their funding plan on the side of a bus about five years ago? £350m a week wasn't it?

Nope, that was the Vote Leave campaign, you may remember the Conservative Gov backed Remain.

Meanwhile, the Tories ramp up spending on the NHS before elections to neutralise it as a campaign issue and Labour always claim the Tories are trying to sell it off/ destroy it. Round and round we go ... all very depressing.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hat trick of absolutely spot on posts right there. Obvious problem with the pay rise idea being that because of the monumental clusterfúck we’ve made of all this there won’t be any money for another couple of centuries, but the sentiment is right.

Point of order - the real cluster**** is actually coronavirus. It would have been a cluster**** whoever was in charge. The cluster**** that is coronavirus has cost this country billions - just as it would have done if Corbyn had been in charge, or Starmer or anyone else; it would still have cost us billions if we'd stayed in the EU. Coronavirus really isn't political ................

Of course mistakes have been made - as there have been everywhere else, in the western world at least. The way some people go on, you'd think Boris actually invented Coronavirus all by himself!

(He didn't, BTW).

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nope, that was the Vote Leave campaign, you may remember the Conservative Gov backed Remain.

Meanwhile, the Tories ramp up spending on the NHS before elections to neutralise it as a campaign issue and Labour always claim the Tories are trying to sell it off/ destroy it. Round and round we go ... all very depressing.

Boris supported it and he's PM now. I think it's received wisdom that a Tory government is not good for the NHS.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Point of order - the real cluster**** is actually coronavirus. It would have been a cluster**** whoever was in charge. The cluster**** that is coronavirus has cost this country billions - just as it would have done if Corbyn had been in charge, or Starmer or anyone else; it would still have cost us billions if we'd stayed in the EU. Coronavirus really isn't political ................

Of course mistakes have been made - as there have been everywhere else, in the western world at least. The way some people go on, you'd think Boris actually invented Coronavirus all by himself!

(He didn't, BTW).

I don't agree with this. He ignored scientific advice calling for urgent lockdown and circuit breakers. As a result, more people died of Covid in the UK in the last 24 hours than have died in Australia in the entire pandemic. That's on Johnson any way you spin it.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
All the NHS staff I know think it’s a stupid idea to bring it back - especially in deepest winter!! They want the public to stick to the rules and the Govt to support the NHS!!

I think that the Clap for hero's is not for the NHS, it was suggested that it's back for the other key workers outside of the NHS. Shop assistant, Delivery drivers ECT.

These key workers also deserve credit for the job they are doing.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Why don't we have a clap for the self employed the entreptreprenauers and business leaders who create the money so those in the public sector can have there wages and pensions and moan about how hard done by they are.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't agree with this. He ignored scientific advice calling for urgent lockdown and circuit breakers. As a result, more people died of Covid in the UK in the last 24 hours than have died in Australia in the entire pandemic. That's on Johnson any way you spin it.

So you believe that if we hadn't had Johnson in charge, we wouldn't have have had lots of people dying of coronavirus? - what bollox. Also we didn't have Australia's advantage of being relatively isolated, surrounded by hundreds of miles of ocean, and with immigration controls that would have sent half of NSC apoplectic if the Tories tried to introduce them here! Oh, and there might just be a tad of difference in the population density too .........................

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think that the Clap for hero's is not for the NHS, it was suggested that it's back for the other key workers outside of the NHS. Shop assistant, Delivery drivers ECT.

These key workers also deserve credit for the job they are doing.

Yeh, I'd support that - but I don't think it'll catch on, people are just too weary of all the restrictions and just want it to be over.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Stop ****ing clapping and start ****ing voting against people who are intentionally trying to destroy the NHS.

Virtue signalling bollocks from people who largely do not give a shit about the NHS - if they did, they wouldn’t support its demise.

Brilliantly said.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you believe that if we hadn't had Johnson in charge, we wouldn't have have had lots of people dying of coronavirus? - what bollox. Also we didn't have Australia's advantage of being relatively isolated, surrounded by hundreds of miles of ocean, and with immigration controls that would have sent half of NSC apoplectic if the Tories tried to introduce them here! Oh, and there might just be a tad of difference in the population density too .........................

Well, I didn't write that, did I. Stick to facts please.

You have highlighted variables, rightly so.
Let’s look at the things that anyone could have done to make matters worse but didn’t, that don’t rely on country specific factors;

Boris released old people back into care homes, causing countless unnecessary deaths. Morrison didn’t.

Boris ignored scientific advice and delayed circuit breakers and lockdowns. Causing unnecessary deaths. Morrison didn’t.

Boris handed out contracts that proved useless and expensive, to his pals with no experience. Causing unnecessary deaths. Morrison didn’t.

Boris allowed his advisor to lie to the public, let his rule breaking go unpunished and supported that lie. Morrison didn't.

Boris ****ed up track and trace. Morrison didn't.

Boris has never particularly enforced the law and the rules. Morrison did, vehemently.

While the world was Lockdown Boris was encouraging people to shake hands and hug loved ones. Causing Unnecessary deaths. Morrison didn’t.

Boris said it was fine to keep schools open despite all the scientific advice. Causing unnecessary deaths. Morrison didn’t.

I could go on. And on.

Everybody else would have made a mess of it? Well they wouldn’t and they didn’t. Boris is a moron who has cause countless unnecessary deaths and nearly every other nation’s leaders haven’t. It’s as simple as that. Your argument just doesn't hold water.

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’d sooner clap for supermarket workers. They kept the shops open and the shelves filled while my local GP surgery and dentist shut down for most of the year.

I won’t though. But if any supermarket worker reads this then, thanks.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds

(He didn't, BTW).

I think you’re letting Boris (and the rest of the cabinet) off rather lightly there. I can’t be arsed to go through the catalogue of catastrophic mistakes that have been made since February frankly, but I think that by the time this is all over the human and economic toll will be between 3 and 5 fold that had it been managed adequately.

Clearly, this new variant is going to have a significant impact on both those things, and you can argue that this is just hard luck, the unfortunate result of a random mutation. To a degree, that is true. However, every time you give a virus chance to replicate, and therefore mutate, you run the risk of it developing into something nastier.

Indecision and inadequacy have given the virus far more chance to do that than was necessary, and here we are. Well and truly up shìt creek. The lack of foresight and planning for a true worst scenario played a huge role in our current plight, not just the random violence of Mother Nature.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’d sooner clap for supermarket workers. They kept the shops open and the shelves filled while my local GP surgery and dentist shut down for most of the year.

I won’t though. But if any supermarket worker reads this then, thanks.

Not just Supermarket workers those in the supply chain,especially lorry driver, but above all those young Children who were taken out of school and managed to get by.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here