Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Clap for heroes

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whilst I'm sure my Wife (a Nurse) doesn't speak for all NHS staff, she has always found it incredibly patronising.
Yeah first time round my misses (health care professional) just sat on the sofa whilst I hung out the window!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
It's done it's trot. Respectful and supportive in the warm, light summer evenings and served a good purpose all round for morale. But I'm afraid it won't take off this time around as frankly, it's too dark and cold. Whoever thought of rebooting needs their bumps felt.

This. Same as when the BBC try to revive classic comedies/game shows or the like.

It's always 100% bo**ox the second time around.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hooray, both Brexit AND a GAP style edit on post #9!!

Bravo.

Cat seems to have your keyboard. Are you phoning a friend?

Still, it's definitely more embarrassing to edit a post on the internet to correct a typo than it is to promise an entire electorate, falsely, that you'd stick £350 million a week into keeping them healthy and not dead.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thanks mate.

Why can't we give the NHS £350 million a week to mitigate future pandemics now we are out of the b'stard red tape of the EU and have taken back control?

With regards to future NHS funding, I have forwarded your concerns to Rishi.

An immediate, if only an 'out of office' response hinted at he'll look into it but could you keep these queries on the Brexit page?

The Bear Pit being of a higher priority.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ah I wondered why a couple of people were clapping as I drove round the corner into the close where I live...couple of young ladies out..I thought it was for me..dam.......they were the only two (both NHS workers)

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
The actual heroes requested we stop galavanting around outside like the Covid virus didn't exist, and instead stay the f**k indoors like we were asked to.

I remember first lockdown when we clapped the carers, some neighbours came out at 8pm every Thursday, then by Friday the same ones were sneakily getting their mates or families around for drinks in the garden :tosser:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Stop using the NHS as a party political football to point score would also be most welcome. If the main political parties could come together and agree on a long term funding plan (linked to a social care strategy) we might actually see a health service fit for the 21st century. Chances of it happening? :flypig:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah I wondered why a couple of people were clapping as I drove round the corner into the close where I live...couple of young ladies out..I thought it was for me..dam.......they were the only two (both NHS workers)
I hope you had a valid reason being out so late!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Genuinely had no idea it was being done again until this thread popped up.
Another vote here for NHS staff to receive a payrise instead of being clapped. They've done a blinding job throughout this whole bizarre situation and continue to do amazing things while under immense pressure and stress.

Wasn't there talk of a bonus or was I dreaming. A decent pay rise as well

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Stop using the NHS as a party political football to point score would also be most welcome. If the main political parties could come together and agree on a long term funding plan (linked to a social care strategy) we might actually see a health service fit for the 21st century. Chances of it happening? :flypig:

Didn't the Tory party spell out their funding plan on the side of a bus about five years ago? £350m a week wasn't it?

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Pray for the covid victims
Regards
DF

With over 76,000 deaths and almost a third of a million hospital admissions for Covid (so far), I suspect your sudden exhortation is a bit unnecessary - there have probably been quite a few prayers said already.

But thanks for the kind and supportive words, I'm sure they mean a lot to the grieving families.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Didn't the Tory party spell out their funding plan on the side of a bus about five years ago? £350m a week wasn't it?

Dear Mr Rishi,

Clump said that your bus mentioned how much we give to the EU and what other things we might do with the cash once freed.

Here is his email address.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here