Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL REAL MADRID V MAN CITY

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There isn’t another team in all history that I have cheered for other than this Man City team. They are an absolute JOY to watch, and Pep has all the time for ‘little Brighton’

We’d give Madrid a proper game right now!
I personally find the cheering over city quite odd, they have a record breaking 114 charges for cheating against them, this isn't the cheating that every club does, time wasting etc - they have actively gone out of the way to absolutely destroy FFP, try and hide it and then not work with officials whilst they got investigated.

These are not small charges and makes everything they have done invalid.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There isn’t another team in all history that I have cheered for other than this Man City team. They are an absolute JOY to watch, and Pep has all the time for ‘little Brighton’

We’d give Madrid a proper game right now!
They are playing a very poor team tonight.

As always the pundits are creaming themselves. It would be fun if RM nicked a goal to make it 2-1 with 10 minutes to go

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
City show clubs like Utd and Chelsea it is about putting a team together and not individuals'

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This year's Madrid would scrape top ten in the Prem. Possibly be competing with us for Europe..same as the Milan teams.
All this guff about Modric..guy can barely move, imagine him against Moises..and their best CM plays for Man U.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lescott - 6/10 - token involvement.Nervous

Mcmanaman - 4/10 - whatever decision is made, eg subs or tactical “it comes as no surprise”

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
DeBruyne looks shot. Need these in the final, so minds are elsewhere next week.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Joleon Lescott is without doubt the drippiest, idiot I’ve ever heard as a guest co commentator, sounds like he won a competition or something

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Courtais again..could have been 8.. commentators think that changes tie..wrong, madrid are awful. Acensio on, one of the laziest footballers in world football. 3-0.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Need Madrid to get really nasty and aggressive now!!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Ceballos on. Couldn't get in the Arsenal team during Arteta's season of hell. World class.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
They are playing a very poor team tonight.

As always the pundits are creaming themselves. It would be fun if RM nicked a goal to make it 2-1 with 10 minutes to go
Did you watch the end of the second leg between these two last season?
Commentators were all over themselves about how a Man City Liverpool tie was the absolutely perfect final that everybody would be thrilled by.
Then City chucked it away in the last few minutes (plus extra time, I think).
If there were ever two teams who I hope could both lose (and just piss off up their own arses where they'll be in the company of their own kind) it's these two.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Never forget that Fat Sam is right up there with Pep. There's nobody above Sam. He believes.
Can’t call yourself the greatest manager ever when you’ve only ever managed with a silver spoon in your mouth.

(Peak Barcelona, Munich and Man City)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Don't think we were as outclassed as this in our first game in the PL against City. And this lot are multiple European Champions, what a gulf

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Loving this. Don't like city but maybe people will get over the Madrid inferiority complex.. they've never been a club, always individuals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here