Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL REAL MADRID V MAN CITY

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We can win our game (edit) here now.. play like we did last week and we ask serious questions.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We can win our game here now.. play like we did last week and we ask serious questions.

I maintain that if City needed to beat us to win the title, they definitely would - we'd see something like what Madrid faced tonight. Assuming the title is sewn up, we'll at least have some hope, but as Guinness Boy says, their backup team will be immense too, and there's the danger they'll be fighting for a place in one of the finals.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Being 'streetwise' clearly means bugger all when you're playing against a side this good. This City team may be the strongest club side of the last 25 years, if not all time.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I maintain that if City needed to beat us to win the title, they definitely would - we'd see something like what Madrid faced tonight. Assuming the title is sewn up, we'll at least have some hope, but as Guinness Boy says, their backup team will be immense too, and there's the danger they'll be fighting for a place in one of the finals.
You need a three in a season performance. Brentford (amongst anyone) have done it, we definitely can too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just watched it on 'watch from start', a great facility these days for games you don't know the score of.

In the 40 odd years I've been watching the game I don't think I've seen a English league team as good as this.

The irony is that I still think we could take something off them next week if they sow things up this weekend.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
One of most outstanding performances I have ever seen. I along with others not keen on ownership but not only are they brilliant in building a team they know when to sell players. It is not just about buying players because I think end of last season they had the largest income from sale of players.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They are clearly a brilliant team with a brilliant manager and players, tarnished by an unpleasant and scheming ownership

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
They are clearly a brilliant team with a brilliant manager and players, tarnished by an unpleasant and scheming ownership
That’s it. Like everyone, I can’t stand their ownership but to me, Pep is the greatest manager of all time and in Grealish, KDB, Bernardo Silva and Haaland they’ve got some of my favourite non Albion players. An absolute joy to watch.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hats off to them, what a performance.

Now lets have a torrid performance at the Amex after you secure the title this weekend

WE CAN WIN

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here