Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In the last 10-15 mins of the game some of the tackles and antics of the City players had me thinking that they could've had another red. They were all losing it due to the fact the little ole Brighton had the temerity and front to actually be winning. Even the lino tried his best to rectify this by stopping the ball and quickly kicking it back to Shitty to allow a quick throw in. After which Sanchez was booked for time wasting although Edinsons time wasting probably accrued to about 5mins overall

They couldn’t get the ball off us - they weren’t used to tasting their own medicine. And their fans reactions are ridiculous - the one really bad decision in the match was not giving us a pen for the most blatant handball ever!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They couldn’t get the ball off us - they weren’t used to tasting their own medicine. And their fans reactions are ridiculous - the one really bad decision in the match was not giving us a pen for the most blatant handball ever!

Big 6 decision once again. If it happened at Anfield, The Etihad, Chelsea, Spurs , Utd etc VAR penalty allday long

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I’m actually one of the few who found KillerWhale and his Latin-infused ramblings entertaining [emoji106]

He thought he was clever, but dropping a few nuggets of learning into a stream of idiocy while claiming to be reasonable and logical is on old trick, the sort of thing they learn in Eton debating societies. It saves actually having to spend time learning anything. See Johnson, Boris - the quintessential stupid person’s idea of an intelligent person.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
This thread made me think about going to the Dome in 68 to see a televised replay of the Manchester United European Cup Final in 1968. In black and white.

The one at which the Brighton team kicked out footballs at half time from the stage and if you caught one you were given a prize. I was hit in the face by one of the balls, I think Mel Hopkins kicked it, and I didn’t catch it so didn’t get a prize, although the prize was a car cleaning kit I wasn’t too worried; you don’t really care about that sort of thing when you are 11.

What made me think about this was that I don’t think I would have gone had it been Man City in the final. Even then it was clear who the big clubs were.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
What utter tosh.
Genuinely, the game didn’t matter to us - everyone loses games. Not being injured was the primary goal.
It says more that some here are spending soooo much time on the City forums, suggesting doubt. X10 men for x80 mins away from home and against dubious officiating ................awaiting the investigation into the betting irregularities now being investigated into Bloom and Atwell in Brighton’s last five games. Let’s see how cocky you are then��

Does your wife know that you could lose everything if Mr Bloom chooses to take your comments further ? . It`s apparent that you are a muppet , the purple one that plays the drums maybe ! . Listen sunshine it`s Fridat drinking time so here goes , Potter was a fool for apologising to Pep in the first place , why apologise for being the better team and manager and wanting to celebrate the goals , what a total w***er both you and he is for thinking that is wrong . Are you going to celebrate IF you score against Chelsea , or will you sit on your hands , but apologise later if you let out a feeble yeeeesssss ! .

As for threatening us next season ...bring it bitch , Arsenal Spurs Man Utd Liverpool and you have all now been beaten by us , only your opponents in the final have eluded us ( till next season ) but NONE of them acted like little pusswhips apart from you , you have presented yourself and by extension your fanbase and club as a bunch of sniffling self righteous entitled excuse making losers .

You said we had lost respect because of the way we played , wait to judge after Chelsea see what a bunch of Northern softies and whingers you are when little old BRIGHTON hand you your arse . As for next season bring it , we might only decide to take 4pts off you instead of all 6 , JOG ON !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Noel Gallagher has restored my faith in proper City fans (not this 16 year old pretending to be a long standing fan).

The fact that he has down to win at Arsenal amuses me, but it's more the magnanimous response to our win there and of course his comments on AFTV which prove he is a proper football bloke:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57186372

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does your wife know that you could lose everything if Mr Bloom chooses to take your comments further ? . It`s apparent that you are a muppet , the purple one that plays the drums maybe ! . Listen sunshine it`s Fridat drinking time so here goes , Potter was a fool for apologising to Pep in the first place , why apologise for being the better team and manager and wanting to celebrate the goals , what a total w***er both you and he is for thinking that is wrong . Are you going to celebrate IF you score against Chelsea , or will you sit on your hands , but apologise later if you let out a feeble yeeeesssss ! .

As for threatening us next season ...bring it bitch , Arsenal Spurs Man Utd Liverpool and you have all now been beaten by us , only your opponents in the final have eluded us ( till next season ) but NONE of them acted like little pusswhips apart from you , you have presented yourself and by extension your fanbase and club as a bunch of sniffling self righteous entitled excuse making losers .

You said we had lost respect because of the way we played , wait to judge after Chelsea see what a bunch of Northern softies and whingers you are when little old BRIGHTON hand you your arse . As for next season bring it , we might only decide to take 4pts off you instead of all 6 , JOG ON !
Easy tiger......

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Easy tiger......

GGRRRRHHHhttps://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sickchirpse.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F08%2FAngry-seagull.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sickchirpse.com%2Fcoked-seagulls%2F&tbnid=zPHL-KLdcNTUAM&vet=12ahUKEwjMrsHy79vwAhVT_4UKHd2WAeYQMygLegUIARDMAQ..i&docid=_LjIDQkQmYilLM&w=2048&h=1360&q=angry%20seagulls&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjMrsHy79vwAhVT_4UKHd2WAeYQMygLegUIARDMAQ

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
GGRRRRHHHhttps://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sickchirpse.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F08%2FAngry-seagull.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sickchirpse.com%2Fcoked-seagulls%2F&tbnid=zPHL-KLdcNTUAM&vet=12ahUKEwjMrsHy79vwAhVT_4UKHd2WAeYQMygLegUIARDMAQ..i&docid=_LjIDQkQmYilLM&w=2048&h=1360&q=angry%20seagulls&hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwjMrsHy79vwAhVT_4UKHd2WAeYQMygLegUIARDMAQ

Apple ogies for this , i think a fly got in the same pod as me :)

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’ve always had a soft spot for City and I’m a massive Pep fanboy but wow, these keyboard warrior City fans are something else!

I can’t believe how much they’re whinging about us fouling all match. Anyone that knows anything about a Pep side knows they are always totally cynical, committing countless fouls every match to break down the oppositions flow, spreading the fouls around the team so as not to pick up too many cards. Fernandinho is the absolute master of this, he’s got the cynical foul down to an absolute fine art.

Some of these City fans are totally classless and lack any self awareness.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Manchester City fans support that club because they win. That, in essence, explains the meltdown from their loss to us. I had a quick browse of that forum and the number of comments about joining the ESL was, quite frankly, disgusting. These aren’t proper football fans.

el punal

Manchester City fans support that club because they win. That, in essence, explains the meltdown from their loss to us. I had a quick browse of that forum and the number of comments about joining the ESL was, quite frankly, disgusting. These aren’t proper football fans.

Not really true - except the keyboard warriors shit. I worked up in Manchester for six months, and, have gone up there for Albion away days. I found that most people that live in Manchester are City fans, United draw their “local” fans from around Stretford, Salford, Torquay, Singapore and other places close by within a 3,000 mile radius.

The City fans like to emphasise how they are the complete antithesis of United fans - local and have supported their club through all the bad times. I suppose that is why I was so surprised about their reaction on forums and social media to last Tuesday’s game.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not really true - except the keyboard warriors shit. I worked up in Manchester for six months, and, have gone up there for Albion away days. I found that most people that live in Manchester are City fans, United draw their “local” fans from around Stretford, Salford, Torquay, Singapore and other places close by within a 3,000 mile radius.

The City fans like to emphasise how they are the complete antithesis of United fans - local and have supported their club through all the bad times. I suppose that is why I was so surprised about their reaction on forums and social media to last Tuesday’s game.

Used to be true. I’m not so sure now. The old Man City seems to have been swept aside by a tide of money. Many of the older fans are likely as you describe but I’m not so sure about the 20 somethings. Plenty of plastic Man C fans in Asia as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I also think things have changed. The older fans who were around when city were not a rich club are probably decent. But the vast majoity of their 'fans' are in it because they want to associate with winners. This was brought home to me a couple of years ago when I met a young man who returned to the primary school I teach in. He was always a man u fan (again only because they were winning everything at the time) and I asked him what he thought of their chances that year. He replied 'Oh no, I don't support them, I now support city, they are much better'. With the explosion of social media etc and sports tv, these are the kind of fans true supporters who actually set foot in the city of their club and go to games, have to contend with. They are almost universally better to ignore as their opinions are worthless.

el punal

I also think things have changed. The older fans who were around when city were not a rich club are probably decent. But the vast majoity of their 'fans' are in it because they want to associate with winners. This was brought home to me a couple of years ago when I met a young man who returned to the primary school I teach in. He was always a man u fan (again only because they were winning everything at the time) and I asked him what he thought of their chances that year. He replied 'Oh no, I don't support them, I now support city, they are much better'. With the explosion of social media etc and sports tv, these are the kind of fans true supporters who actually set foot in the city of their club and go to games, have to contend with. They are almost universally better to ignore as their opinions are worthless.

When I was at school (a long, long time ago!) the ‘format’ was to always support the Albion, as the local third division team, and to follow a big club in the first division - so Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea were the main choices and other odd ones like Wolves and Stoke were also on the list. The difference was that the Albion were always number one.

So, referring to your post, the one thing I absolutely abhor with so-called fans is the complete lack of loyalty to any one club. A true fan, for whatever reason, chooses a club for life, through thick and thin. You can’t change your support on a whim like going from shopping at Tesco and then preferring Sainsbury’s.

I don’t like the term ‘plastic fan’ but, in your post, it perfectly sums up your description of who we detest most in those that follow football.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
When I was at school (a long, long time ago!) the ‘format’ was to always support the Albion, as the local third division team, and to follow a big club in the first division - so Man Utd, Spurs, Chelsea were the main choices and other odd ones like Wolves and Stoke were also on the list. The difference was that the Albion were always number one.

So, referring to your post, the one thing I absolutely abhor with so-called fans is the complete lack of loyalty to any one club. A true fan, for whatever reason, chooses a club for life, through thick and thin. You can’t change your support on a whim like going from shopping at Tesco and then preferring Sainsbury’s.

I don’t like the term ‘plastic fan’ but, in your post, it perfectly sums up your description of who we detest most in those that follow football.

People are very different. Some are loyal to one club, some change clubs based on success, others are mobile and support their local club. Depends what you value as in life. I’ve known people who are loyal to their club but not their wives and vice versa. People are strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here