[Albion] City fans reaction

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Still think we're the softest team in the league and have been for every season since coming up. It's a regular concern of many of our fans how soft we are.

Watching the game from the WSL not once did I think we were excessively forceful in any area of the pitch, by any player. The clear observations were how petulant the city players were, constantly in the ear of the referee and resorting to excessive time wasting, even refusing to recycle the ball for KO. This was clear to see.

Describing Alireza as thuggish is just farcical. The man is as tough as a crisp packet.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......

I reckon you're nearer to 12 than 60 and don't believe that you watched City in Division 3 - the long term City fans I know are all decent people, and aren't self-entitled nobs.

The day Bloom sells to a Russian/ Qatari / Chinese / Emarti / Thai 'businessman 'that simply wants to use the club as a plaything - as that's all City are now to the owners - that's the day I'm off.

All the time we are owned by a man whose family is steeped in Albion history, I'm very much on board.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......

A dodgy sugar daddy who should be behind bars? Sorry?! What? You've gone past genuine fan with a complaint to make (albeit with City tinted specs on) and into pure lunacy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is this a reincarnation of [MENTION=38177]Anya1000[/MENTION]?

Similar username and weird obsession about Tony Bloom.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team t.

63% possession against City by playing Pullis / Allardyce style football....

Now you're just embarrassing yourself.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
They are even moaning about the biased TV commentators.

They have no idea what we have to put up with.

Most of the time we barely get a mention in match build ups, if we win it’s “because the other team had an off day”, we hardly get any decisions go against big clubs and we nearly always get lumped with Alan bloody Smith most games.

I’d be quite happy to see Man City and their plastic fans break away to their soulless super league to be honest.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Okay, I am happy to join in a sensible discussion. When will you start it? Do we do that after we set aside your wish for the Albion to be relegated, Potter to leave for one of the 'big six' mega-rich clubs, and Tony Bloom to be indicted for some curious reason that derives from your imagination?
The laughable thing is that you don't recognise the irony when you mention morons who write on the City forums....
Ready when you are for a balanced and sensible debate, but I suspect with the level of vitriol you harbour that won't be possible.....

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Pulis/Allardyce/Warnock style team? For goodness sake.....

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

A 2nd division club, who had won the league 5 times by the start of the 60s. A total that City sailed by in [checks wikipedia] 2018.

And City are our competition - we literally just played you. And won. Remember? The game you lost on Tuesday. Good game. Lots of good football played by both sides. I'm quite happy with where we are, and have no need to dream that the club is bought out and doped to the eyeballs to play well and compete in the Premier League.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Ha ha - the thought that any BHA fans could be jealous of Man City!?! The idea that we could "dream" of being bought by a Gulf Emirate! And cloggers?!? That accusation (from the well-known kings of "tactical fouling") is the richest of the lot.

Still loving how upset Citeh are at being beaten by little old Brighton :)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Could someone wind the bitter up until they descend into full ranting homophobia and we all cry "Jamie him!" (RIP Jamie)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

If I was a City fan perusing this forum, I would be cringing at your comically bitter posts. When Man Utd fans call you bitters, I assumed it was because you were bitter at being miles behind them in every conceivable way for about 5 decades, but it turns out you're bitter at just about everything. Please do pop by again to humiliate yourself further. :bigwave:

The funniest ones are always the ones where people are too stupid to have a good look at themselves when they're being derided by absolutely everyone, and now we've been spoilt on here as we've seen it twice in two days :lolol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Adult conversation? Keyboard warriors? You’re the one who continues to accuse our owner of being corrupt and involved in match fixing. You don’t want an adult conversation at all, you’re upset you lost to #teamslikebrighton and can’t handle it and the toy are well and truly all over the floor.

Also I’m sure if you continue to make those previously mentioned accusations you’d better have some deep pockets of your own or some bloody good proof what you say is true, and we all know you have neither.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Okay, I am happy to join in a sensible discussion. When will you start it? Do we do that after we set aside your wish for the Albion to be relegated, Potter to leave for one of the 'big six' mega-rich clubs, and Tony Bloom to be indicted for some curious reason that derives from your imagination?
The laughable thing is that you don't recognise the irony when you mention morons who write on the City forums....
Ready when you are for a balanced and sensible debate, but I suspect with the level of vitriol you harbour that won't be possible.....
I'll not elaborate here, but there's a football is fixed site on Twitter that makes claims which will probably see it in court.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Entitled fans not liking being beaten by #TeamsLikeBrighton.

The sore losing is immense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports