Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
I've read a bit of the Blue Moon stuff, plus some of the comments on the BBC website. It's hilarious. To think that so many Man City fans could get so upset about losing to Brighton! In a game that apparently didn't even matter to them!! I'll be mildly amused if they lose the CL final to Chelsea - it will be great fun going back on Blue Moon and reading all the "Pep out" comments that are bound to flood in. Long may it continue :)

1,197 messages on the Blue Moan post match thread so far, and rising.

Is that normal?:shrug:

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Anyone who has browsed through a small fraction of the 1000+ posts on Blue Moon's post match thread would be under no illusion as to what changed your fans mind about Brighton. It was losing to us. Be honest enough to admit it. You all liked the idea of Brighton being a supermarket own brand version of what Guardiola does at City. You liked the opportunity to pat us on the head and congratulate us for playing the game in the right way, all the time we still lost to you. Potter and Hughton have both said that to win against the top teams our side has to be at the top of our game, to catch them on a day when they are not and to enjoy a bit of luck. That is what happened on Tuesday. Our lot had the crowd behind them and were up for it, half of your lot were thinking about the Champions League. A couple of close calls went our way. That is all. Referees were not incompetent or corrupt. Nobody kicked anybody off the park. Nobody showed anyone any disrespect. It was a hard fought game of football with some excellent goals from both sides and for once your team was on the wrong side of the scoreline. The meltdown it has caused amongst the fans on your forum is truly astounding.

Have a bit of perspective. We knocked you out of the league cup when we were a third tier side in the week that you became the richest club in the world. We stuffed you 4-1 at the Goldstone in the top division in my first ever game at the Goldstone in 1979. Both mattered more and were worse defeats. Neither result caused this type of tin foil hat lunacy. Your team has been down to the third tier, done the cold Februarys at Mansfield, won friends and respect and come all the way back up. You got lucky with new owners and have built one of the best teams in the world. So you lost a dead rubber against someone in the bottom half: after you'd won the league for the third time in four years. Swallow it. The rest of us have to. Have the humility to accept that despite your massive superiority, the fact that this can occasionally happen is part of what makes football the best sport in the world. The reaction of your fans has been embarrassingly laughable and coming on here with a patronising lecture at some of our lot because they have spoken this truth in a partisan way is a ridiculous exhibition of hubris on your part. You might believe Man City to be the aristocrats of football with the right to lecture the proles about civility and respect to our betters. To us you are just another opponent who we think about no more than twice a year. We care just as little about your cries of shame as you all did about our club before we had the temerity to actually beat you.

It was a game of football. You lost. Get over it. Move on. We all did when you stuffed us 4-1 and 5-0 on your last two visits.

It`s a shame your excellent post wasn`t on the first page , we might not have had to read that diatribe and bile from an obviously bad loser .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I know and his opening gambit was to introduce himself as a reasonable, articulate fellow fan of the game ... his mask has well and truly slipped now, hasn't it?

The Killer Whale of City. Just need a bit of Latin, some pretentious clap trap about watches and a ban now

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What utter tosh.
Genuinely, the game didn’t matter to us - everyone loses games. Not being injured was the primary goal.
It says more that some here are spending soooo much time on the City forums, suggesting doubt. X10 men for x80 mins away from home and against dubious officiating ................awaiting the investigation into the betting irregularities now being investigated into Bloom and Atwell in Brighton’s last five games. Let’s see how cocky you are then🤔

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce::flounce: Hello Pep

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's just fantastic to have such a gold medal bad losing masterclass.

[emoji38]ol:

Makes victory sweeter.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
For a match they supposedly don't care about it's weird how THREE DAYS later they're STILL moaning about it

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
For a match they supposedly don't care about it's weird how THREE DAYS later they're STILL moaning about it

swap the word weird for delightful. The win was brilliant for us. The fact that three days later they are still crying makes it uber brilliant. Every moan from these silly little JCL’s, ( the majority true plastics who never saw city at Maine Road) just makes the win sweeter and sweeter. Keep it up lads :drink::drink::drink:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Oof we’ve lost his “total” respect. From one of the glory fans on Blue Moon:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/index.php?posts/13822914/

Not bothered about the booing.
Not even bothered about the ref, who IMO was utterly incompetent rather than corrupt.
Not bothered about the loss. We've already won the league and the match was, for us, nothing more than a warm up for the CL final.
What I'm highly ****ed off about is Brighton trying to clog our players off the field and injure them, with us only 11 days off what is probably the most important final in our history.
I lost total respect for a team I've genuinely respected for the type of football they play and rooted for as a neutral time and again in the past.
**** off Brighton.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Oof we’ve lost his “total” respect. From one of the glory fans on Blue Moon:

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/index.php?posts/13822914/

The 'clogging off the field' is the weirdest bit of it. I watched the game at the ground and again on Wednesday night having recorded BT's coverage. Given that I'd read their complaints about Potter sending us out to do a job on them physically, (The was even someone suggesting it was like the Leeds v Derby game featured in 'The Damned United) I looked out for where their complaints might spring from in the TV coverage. There was next to nothing. The AJ challenge and a couple of fifty fifties that they could have hoped went their way. There were also a couple in the other direction that the ref gave and, through blue and white goggles, I would have complained about. Very few complaints from the City players about challenges that weren't given as fouls, possibly two or three. No particular discrepancy between the number of fouls conceded by each team. We had the ball for two thirds of the game and they were keeping their shape whilst we were knocking it about. Absolutely nothing untoward. Weird. Very weird.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The 'clogging off the field' is the weirdest bit of it. I watched the game at the ground and again on Wednesday night having recorded BT's coverage. Given that I'd read their complaints about Potter sending us out to do a job on them physically, (The was even someone suggesting it was like the Leeds v Derby game featured in 'The Damned United) I looked out for where their complaints might spring from in the TV coverage. There was next to nothing. The AJ challenge and a couple of fifty fifties that they could have hoped went their way. There were also a couple in the other direction that the ref gave and, through blue and white goggles, I would have complained about. Very few complaints from the City players about challenges that weren't given as fouls, possibly two or three. No particular discrepancy between the number of fouls conceded by each team. We had the ball for two thirds of the game and they were keeping their shape whilst we were knocking it about. Absolutely nothing untoward. Weird. Very weird.

I thought exactly the same thing... it wasn't an overly physical game in the slightest. There were also some terrible challenges by their players, does that mean they were out to hurt our squad?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Just had a look on there. Wow, the hysteria is relentless.

- We tried several times to kick Foden and Gundogan out of the game. Really? One mistimed tackle.
- Big Dan Burn the biggest culprit? Eh, that gentle giant? He’s as soft as shite
- Jesus didn’t appeal for a pen because he had come to the realisation they were getting robbed?
- Third goal offside and not looked at by VAR - it was and it was clearly onside
- Graham Potter sent his side out to kick them off the park. We committed two more fouls than them?!
- Lallana’s a thug - hasn’t been booked in 31 appearances.

Any1aBlue

May 19, 2021
Proved my point.......

I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I read your response with interest and hoped I could have a sensible adult conversation, but the more I read here the more I realise the moron count here is unusually high. Lashing out with inane keyboard warrior soundbites.
I’m not responsible for what morons write on City forums - most of whom I’ll never have met.
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pullis/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.
Not asking for special treatment- and we’ll certainly be ready next season (on and off the field). Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........
It’s not long ago that I, like most, was following City (home and away) in the third division - isn’t it strange how fans of other teams look has hard as they can to find fault with another club when they’re successful - it’s called jealousy and is corrosive. You have a ‘dodgy’ sugar daddy- he’s just not as rich as ours. Ask Sunderland fans about their new owners as they sail past your club in the near future. Liverpool were a 2nd Div club no one had heard of until littlewoods pools empire bought them success in the 60’s.
So, stop whining, City are not your competition at the moment so enjoy being able to watch how they play and dream it might happen to your club. Sort your own affairs out and keep trying to play the game properly - don’t become cloggers.......

You’re not a good loser are you?

Enjoy your hollow oil country money victories and learn how to accept losing to a smaller team with grace.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

oh dear :lolol::lolol: thanks for the laughs.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
:lolol:

Are you on drugs?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hopefully, when we return the compliment on BHA next season- it will be the match that relegates you - especially when Potter runs out on you to Spurs, and Bloom is behind bars..........

This is poor though and not a good reflection on your fanbase. Don’t forget where you came from, show some class.

And making claims like that against a good man who’s contributed so much to our club and city is a disgrace and potentially libellous.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I take your point on the potential of Jesus and fernandhino possibly getting reds - but genuinely, if you get to watch the game back, see the niggling petulant kicks they endured and other players were on the receiving end of, with no protection whatsoever from the ref. They’d just had enough and, like us fans, couldn’t understand why it was extreme - it was like playing a pull is/allardyce/Warnock team. Hoped we’d seen the back of that tbh, and potter seemed to encourage his team to play a more attractive style based on the Pep way. Sadly not.

So Cancelo was sent off, Jesus and fernandhino possibly could have got sent off but we’re a bunch of cloggers. You’re embarrassing yourself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here