Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
https://twitter.com/footballisfixed/status/1395040119799881731?s=20

Have to say this account has completely lost the plot, considering Stuart Atwell has given us two red cards this season, and easily one of the worst penalty decisions of the season against Palace. Mostly city fans agreeing with him, suppose if your £200 million + squad can't beat one which spent a tiny percentage of that you can always claim the game is fixed.
Has anyone pointed out that link to PB. If Tony wanted to sue for libel (I think he could afford a much better lawyer than some Twitting nerd) he could win enough to buy us a striker!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I would not be surprised to see a lawyer take a look at those tweets.

Certainly is very bizarre, I seem to remember this vaguely being brought up after the play off semi v Palace in 2013 and the entire blog was taken down. Very Strange account.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Brighton knocked City out of the League Cup back in September 2008, when they'd just been taken over. We were still at our athletics stadium waiting for the Amex to be built. Those City fans were great value and even chanted 'Can we buy a ground for you'.

Now, their fans just have a massive sense of entitlement, and lost their humility (as Maupay would say).

Largely because they are different people I guess

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
The City lot I used to know went through some tough times including a defeat at Stockport. I suspect this lot are a collection of JCL’s who would never have set foot in Maine Road.

Any1aBlue

May 19, 2021
See you next season.....

Nearly all the comments on this thread on their forum are completely laughable - the officials were corrupt and we are dirty cheating b*stards who hacked their players down at every opportunity. No mention anywhere of the pen we shoulda got for a clear handball, of course. You'd think they'd be more chilled out - they've just won the league and it was a meaningless match.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/brighton-a-post-match-thread.350774/

Hello. I come in peace! Congratulations on your historic win against us, you do right to enjoy it.

Howler, I’ve been genuinely shocked by the childish vitriol on this thread. To answer one poster - I’ve been a MCFC season ticket holder since 1968, so I hope I qualify for a reasoned point of view.

I came to Brighton to watch us win the title - we all had a great day, thanks in large part to the superb attitude of Albion fans, but also the Real Ale and best fish n chips in the sunshine- oh, and special mention to the fantastic disco band !

Both home and away we’ve always found the fans to be sociable to share a beer and reasoned point of view. We have always appreciated the style of play Albion try to play. Sadly, thanks to what I’ve read on this thread, all that now appears to have changed.

Let’s go straight to the officiating ‘issue’. Having been alarmed at the ineptitude of the Atwell and Moss (VAR) I sought opinions from supporters of other clubs - we, like you disagreed on the cancelo sending off - let’s be honest, it could have been seen three different ways, and I still maintain welbeck kicked the back of cancelos leg, but tbh that wasn’t the big issue for us. What’s concerning, and should concern ALL fans, is the incompetence of VAR. to put a bit of balance to it; Brighton were denied a blatant handball penalty. The Brighton winger should have seen a straight red for his assault on gundogan - totally unnecessary given the game was of no importance.

Jesus WAS fouled for a penalty. Foden was ‘washing-lined’ in the throat as a petulant reaction to his dancing around the defender before scoring. Constant niggling fouls, kicking backs of legs that went unpunished. That’s with my blue tinted glasses on of course, and we’re definitely not premadonnas, and as PEP said ‘WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT SEASON’.

What can’t be denied is that Atwell was yet again out of his depth. It’s his first season and he bottled it infront of fans. Moss was VAR, he’s been awful for years whoever he refs. we had the reverse combo earlier in the season with same ineptitude shown.

It’s not just MCFC - What about Mike Deane at the WBA game - a self confessed Liverpool fan who was banned from officiating their games for several years UNTIL that game, and makes what dermot Gallagher said was “an unusual mistake for a seasoned referee ; in allowing the quick free kick that they scored from. The disallowed goal is debatable too IMO. Leicester won’t be playing in the CL because Liverpool, ‘somehow’ won. THAT MATTERS TO THEM. There have been countless examples this season for ALL clubs - and it starts to look more like corruption involved as opposed to ineptitude. But I rather thought we, as supporters, were all in this together, but the idiotic comments in this thread, suggests otherwise.

And, while we’re at it, the MEN is biased towards United, not City - the fans here don’t buy it, so don’t quote that rag! VAR issues should be of concern to us all, whoever you support.

So, thanks for listening. It’s a shame after being supportive of what your manager/club are trying to do, that after reading the garbage written in this thread, that me and my fellow supporters, now feel very differently towards your club and its fans- and that’s a shame...........see you next season.cheerio.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
The social media City fans are just embarrassing themselves. The sheer arrogance is just unbelievable, a dead rubber? Not for us it wasn't, with a few million quid at stake every point and place is to be fought for as far as we are concerned. Football isn't just about them and their just for CL glory. If it was that important don't play your starting players, idiots!

Despite the fact that they are bank rolled by a state of dubious repute, I like City. I think they play superb football and at their best are the most watchable team on the planet. I admire Pep, because whilst he has had the cash he has made his players better with his coaching and has always been complimentary about us. However this pitiful bout of bad loserdom has really soured them for me.

City better watch that thin-skin of theirs they are exposing a fragility that I am sure Thomas Tuchel will exploit to the maximum on the 29th.

well.....i'm not really sure what Peps plan is with De Bruyne , apart from completely scuppering my dream team efforts i doubt the guy will be match fit ....he probably is wondering what a ball looks like ffs......for one of the best players in the world Pep has locked him up .....money down the drain again ...last season i bet on football i think.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well now we know who to support in the Champions League final.

Personally, I will be hoping City humiliate Chelsea. A few internet twats taking some justifiable disappointment to ridiculous extremes is not enough to swing that.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Champs league final, like choosing a punch in the face over a kick in the balls

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Feel sorry for them really. They've had their club taken over by a sportswashing PetroState.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
City fans are entitled tossers. Looking at the Manchester evening news, it seems even 'respected' journalists are in on the act. All moans and groans about a match that they simultaneously can't bear to have lost but which was also completely unimportant. No one mentioned the definite penalty for hand ball that we were denied. There is a reason i was one of the few booing as we did a guard of honour. They exemplify everything that is wrong with football. They even make Leeds fans seem good. I will be happy if they leave to play in their own crappy league but preferably hope their owners sell up and they go the way of poor old Pompey, never to return to the sunny uplands of the PL.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If nothing else this thread should remind us of where we came from. Since The semis though I’ve gone off their fans and went to Maine Road many times and found them goods fans.... Just shows supporters not to become Billy Boots when their time comes. Now back to Tinpot Reading.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Has anyone pointed out that link to PB. If Tony wanted to sue for libel (I think he could afford a much better lawyer than some Twitting nerd) he could win enough to buy us a striker!

I think that because it had the official Albion twitter account hashtagged, whoever manages our social media will be aware.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Uck at them in their former commonwealth athletics stadium which they didn't pay for. Good luck to them when the petrol heads money drys up, they won't see him for dust

Would someone be kind enough to do the sums:
What has their 83 points cost them to buy - £££ per point - using most recent squad cost / value
And then compare that with our 41 points / squad value to calculate how much each point has cost us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here