Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] City fans reaction

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hello. I come in peace! Congratulations on your historic win against us, you do right to enjoy it.

Howler, I’ve been genuinely shocked by the childish vitriol on this thread. To answer one poster - I’ve been a MCFC season ticket holder since 1968, so I hope I qualify for a reasoned point of view.

I came to Brighton to watch us win the title - we all had a great day, thanks in large part to the superb attitude of Albion fans, but also the Real Ale and best fish n chips in the sunshine- oh, and special mention to the fantastic disco band !

Both home and away we’ve always found the fans to be sociable to share a beer and reasoned point of view. We have always appreciated the style of play Albion try to play. Sadly, thanks to what I’ve read on this thread, all that now appears to have changed.

Let’s go straight to the officiating ‘issue’. Having been alarmed at the ineptitude of the Atwell and Moss (VAR) I sought opinions from supporters of other clubs - we, like you disagreed on the cancelo sending off - let’s be honest, it could have been seen three different ways, and I still maintain welbeck kicked the back of cancelos leg, but tbh that wasn’t the big issue for us. What’s concerning, and should concern ALL fans, is the incompetence of VAR. to put a bit of balance to it; Brighton were denied a blatant handball penalty. The Brighton winger should have seen a straight red for his assault on gundogan - totally unnecessary given the game was of no importance.

Jesus WAS fouled for a penalty. Foden was ‘washing-lined’ in the throat as a petulant reaction to his dancing around the defender before scoring. Constant niggling fouls, kicking backs of legs that went unpunished. That’s with my blue tinted glasses on of course, and we’re definitely not premadonnas, and as PEP said ‘WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT SEASON’.

What can’t be denied is that Atwell was yet again out of his depth. It’s his first season and he bottled it infront of fans. Moss was VAR, he’s been awful for years whoever he refs. we had the reverse combo earlier in the season with same ineptitude shown.

It’s not just MCFC - What about Mike Deane at the WBA game - a self confessed Liverpool fan who was banned from officiating their games for several years UNTIL that game, and makes what dermot Gallagher said was “an unusual mistake for a seasoned referee ; in allowing the quick free kick that they scored from. The disallowed goal is debatable too IMO. Leicester won’t be playing in the CL because Liverpool, ‘somehow’ won. THAT MATTERS TO THEM. There have been countless examples this season for ALL clubs - and it starts to look more like corruption involved as opposed to ineptitude. But I rather thought we, as supporters, were all in this together, but the idiotic comments in this thread, suggests otherwise.

And, while we’re at it, the MEN is biased towards United, not City - the fans here don’t buy it, so don’t quote that rag! VAR issues should be of concern to us all, whoever you support.

So, thanks for listening. It’s a shame after being supportive of what your manager/club are trying to do, that after reading the garbage written in this thread, that me and my fellow supporters, now feel very differently towards your club and its fans- and that’s a shame...........see you next season.cheerio.

The officials were fine.

Perhaps the Jesus one was a penalty, but he didn’t appeal, as you say the handball was clear so it evened itself up.

I actually thought it was a clear sending off, as your defender hooked Welbecks arm as he went down. I also felt Fernandinho was lucky to be on the pitch at the end, persistent foul play and dissent.... bit of a petulant child like a number if City players on the night.

In terms of the ‘foul’ by AJ, bad tackle I agree, but not a sending off, similar to a couple of City challenges in the second half as you visibly tired. The fact that even MOTD didn’t even show or discuss it says it all really - and they love big clubs.

Incidentally the Brighton fans applauded the Foden goal, as generally we are a magnanimous bunch who appreciate good football and remember where we came from - what a shame City apparently don’t.

Good luck in the champions league final.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Don't care. We won. They lost. I just hope for a good game on Saturday night.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Never realised these Mancs were such a bunch of bitter whinge bags. Seen a lot comments online similar to this.

Do they really think a player like Ali J deliberately set out to injure Gunogan? It beggars belief. Yes it was a bad tackle, he was too slow, and it is feasible that if the Complete and Utter Shyster was in charge it would have been a red. But he is not a vindictive player.

It really is quite funny how hot under the colour and passionate some of their fans have been about this yet when they won the league the other week the sense of excitement outside their ground when the media were there was laughable. A bloke and his dog, a bloke and his kid and a bloke waving around a blue flair was all I saw whenever a news report was being broadcast.

No wonder a lot of established PL teams fans think them a joke.

It was an awful tackle, and in my opinion was a red. The red for their lad was touch and go, I think the VAR was going to stick by the ref whatever he gave because it was such a 1.5 yellow. (Unless there was a clear foul or offside before the main incident, natch).

The Lallana one was a good tackle, no problems there. Clearly got the ball, hit the player on the follow through but it was a natural action.

The one which puzzled me was the handball by Garciá, that was a nailed on penalty according to the laws.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

So, thanks for listening. It’s a shame after being supportive of what your manager/club are trying to do, that after reading the garbage written in this thread, that me and my fellow supporters, now feel very differently towards your club and its fans- and that’s a shame...........see you next season.cheerio.

:lol: :lol:

Oh well.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Can't be arsed reading through all this .... A City supporting mate who did some stuff for the AITC before moving back up north dropped me a message saying he thought we've improved every time we've played them for 6 games on the bounce. He reckons 11v 11 with De Bruyne playing they would beat us .. which I pointed out was a ****ing pointless argument ... we are still friends

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Hello. I come in peace! Congratulations on your historic win against us, you do right to enjoy it.

Howler, I’ve been genuinely shocked by the childish vitriol on this thread. To answer one poster - I’ve been a MCFC season ticket holder since 1968, so I hope I qualify for a reasoned point of view.

I came to Brighton to watch us win the title - we all had a great day, thanks in large part to the superb attitude of Albion fans, but also the Real Ale and best fish n chips in the sunshine- oh, and special mention to the fantastic disco band !

Both home and away we’ve always found the fans to be sociable to share a beer and reasoned point of view. We have always appreciated the style of play Albion try to play. Sadly, thanks to what I’ve read on this thread, all that now appears to have changed.

Let’s go straight to the officiating ‘issue’. Having been alarmed at the ineptitude of the Atwell and Moss (VAR) I sought opinions from supporters of other clubs - we, like you disagreed on the cancelo sending off - let’s be honest, it could have been seen three different ways, and I still maintain welbeck kicked the back of cancelos leg, but tbh that wasn’t the big issue for us. What’s concerning, and should concern ALL fans, is the incompetence of VAR. to put a bit of balance to it; Brighton were denied a blatant handball penalty. The Brighton winger should have seen a straight red for his assault on gundogan - totally unnecessary given the game was of no importance.

Jesus WAS fouled for a penalty. Foden was ‘washing-lined’ in the throat as a petulant reaction to his dancing around the defender before scoring. Constant niggling fouls, kicking backs of legs that went unpunished. That’s with my blue tinted glasses on of course, and we’re definitely not premadonnas, and as PEP said ‘WE WILL SEE YOU NEXT SEASON’.

What can’t be denied is that Atwell was yet again out of his depth. It’s his first season and he bottled it infront of fans. Moss was VAR, he’s been awful for years whoever he refs. we had the reverse combo earlier in the season with same ineptitude shown.

It’s not just MCFC - What about Mike Deane at the WBA game - a self confessed Liverpool fan who was banned from officiating their games for several years UNTIL that game, and makes what dermot Gallagher said was “an unusual mistake for a seasoned referee ; in allowing the quick free kick that they scored from. The disallowed goal is debatable too IMO. Leicester won’t be playing in the CL because Liverpool, ‘somehow’ won. THAT MATTERS TO THEM. There have been countless examples this season for ALL clubs - and it starts to look more like corruption involved as opposed to ineptitude. But I rather thought we, as supporters, were all in this together, but the idiotic comments in this thread, suggests otherwise.

And, while we’re at it, the MEN is biased towards United, not City - the fans here don’t buy it, so don’t quote that rag! VAR issues should be of concern to us all, whoever you support.

If ever I sign up to another fans forum and write such a load of sanctimonious clap trap, would somebody please just shoot me.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Has anyone pointed out that link to PB. If Tony wanted to sue for libel (I think he could afford a much better lawyer than some Twitting nerd) he could win enough to buy us a striker!

There’s some incendiary accusations on the Twitter page and having looked at their blog page in a book too.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Astonishing really that someone could write that garbage and think of themselves as a journalist. I can’t remember Vinicombe/Naylor/Owen ever having gone to town on the officials like that, nor should they. An element of detachment is vital. Refereeing errors, real or perceived, are for players and managers to get over-excited about, not reporters. No wonder the fans think there is an agenda against the club if even the local reporters are that one-eyed.

I am fairly certain that they are writing what they know will sell/gets clicks. Praise for the Albion is not going to go down well with the "hard done by" City fans.
As for the refereeing I am sure we can reel off as many that have gone against this season, it apparently evens itself out over the season (unless your one of the BIG 6).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Howler, I’ve been genuinely shocked by the childish vitriol on this thread..............

Dear oh dear son - you really haven't done your research very well have you? The posts on this thread have been talking about (and rightly mocking) the avalanche of potty-mouthed vitriol on, for example, the Guardian comments, the BBC comments - and your very own Blue Moon.

"that c**t (a favourite word among the potty-mouths I'm referring to!) Potter sent his team of thugs out to kick us off the pitch. Those c**ts have no right to be in the PL, and I hope they get f*****g relegated next season. I hope we send the c**ts down, F**k 'em"

Not just one - that sort of response was what your fellow fans were posting as fast as their self-important little fingers could type. A few of your fellow fans did actually point out that they weren't exactly being a credit to their club, but they were unable to stem the flood of cyber-space diarrhoea. Perhaps a majority of your fellow fans are decent folk (in fact I'm pretty sure they are) but you need to look at your scummy underclass of internet warriors. Just look. Read what they type - and acknowledge in all honesty that they are an embarrassment to your club.

And please, if you come on this forum again (where other clubs' fans are welcome to post - unlike some!) please check out what the posters on here are deriding before wading in with inappropriate and unjustified comments about posts on this thread.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It’s not just MCFC - What about Mike Deane at the WBA game - a self confessed Liverpool fan who was banned from officiating their games for several years UNTIL that game, and makes what dermot Gallagher said was “an unusual mistake for a seasoned referee ; in allowing the quick free kick that they scored from. The disallowed goal is debatable too IMO.

Do you mean this Mike Deane (sic)? The passionate Tranmere Rovers fan, seen here celebrating a play off win?

giphy.gif

If you were after credibility, as opposed to just coming across as a whining Big Club fan with little knowledge of actual, proper, football, then I'm afraid you've failed the very first test.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Nice try.

You criticise the vitriol on this thread but it is merely in response to the garbage emanating from you fellow fans on social media, Blue Moon forum and some of the comments sections of the press.

Yes, we all agree that we currently have what is probably the worst bunch of officials since I've been watching football. Traditionally, there has generally been a group of mediocre officials with one or two that stand out. Now we have a group that are just below the standard of mediocrity with 4 or 5 that are worse than inept.

All of that is of course not our fault, a fact that seems to escape your fellow fans!! We have been on the wrong side of many poor decisions this season, none more so than that goal against WBA.

As for Foden, he is a fantastic player and got applause from the Albion faithful. However, any player that scores is going to get booed. Don't try and tell me that Citeh fans showed appreciation to Rooney when he was the youthful prodigy albeit wearing red.

AJ's tackle was debateable but then there was also a challenge by Jesus on Lallana before the so called penalty incident when he went in high but fortunately didn't catch him. That too could have been red. And of course Fernandinho should have been off for a second yellow with his free kick antics. It wasn't all one way traffic which some of your cohorts seem to suggest.

As for a meaningless game, if that's the case then play your reserves. For us we are seeking a record number of points and possibly highest ever finish and hoping to overtake Palace. I love the fact that for years Citeh fans have claimed not to be bothered by Champions League due to the verious spats with Uefa then now your in the final it's the most important match in history!!!

That said, I hope you beat Chelsea for the sake of family members who are long term Citeh season ticket holders, . I wish a few of the muppets on your forums had the same class as they had when congratulating us on our win. (ps. we know it's not all city fans, just the keyboard warriors hiding behind their anonymity, we've all got them!)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What makes me smile the most is that the City fans, or at least some on their forum, believe Potter sent the players out to kick lumps out of their players.

Let that sink in.......Potter telling his players to harm fellow professionals. Graham Potter.

I just cant believe GP would ever instruct anything along those lines, EVER

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What makes me smile the most is that the City fans, or at least some on their forum, believe Potter sent the players out to kick lumps out of their players.

Let that sink in.......Potter telling his players to harm fellow professionals. Graham Potter.

I just cant believe GP would ever instruct anything along those lines, EVER

But...but...he celebrated a GOAL a bit VIGOROUSLY! That's basically one step down from psychopathy.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
If ever I sign up to another fans forum and write such a load of sanctimonious clap trap, would somebody please just shoot me.
This bloke is an arse of the highest order.... this effin thread started by reporting the garbage spouted by the mancs on their platforms.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. It’s nothing more than a thinly-veiled, overly long and boring - and sanctimonious and patronising- version of the shite other City fans have stuck on Twitter and elsewhere as we had the TEMERITY to try to beat them.

The ref was crap....but equally crap for both teams.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Do you mean this Mike Deane (sic)? The passionate Tranmere Rovers fan, seen here celebrating a play off win?

giphy.gif

If you were after credibility, as opposed to just coming across as a whining Big Club fan with little knowledge of actual, proper, football, then I'm afraid you've failed the very first test.

surely that's jasper carrot .

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Aren’t City fans the only ones amongst the English ESL scab teams not to have protested?

Sums them up, really. It’s a shame the way that bought success has ruined what used to be a good supporter base, and changed them into an entitled,pathetic, childish bunch of whining twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here